Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin as a better store of value than gold - page 4. (Read 20456 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 145
I currently believe that the value of bitcoin is better than gold, but bitcoin still has a high risk of gold. Gold has physical value and has the benefit of transmitting electricity to electronic devices. While bitcoin adoption is still little used as payment, so the value depends on the trader. The big question is whether everyone will agree with the decentralized payment system?
Activity: 1750
Merit: 267
They are different sector and not same. Gold is a physical asset which is generally used as a jewellery. On the other hand, bitcoin is a online based decentralized crypto coin which is much popular at this time for investment.
Activity: 420
Merit: 106
Gold in my country is largely used as jewellery and not as an asset but we also consider our gold jewellery as a type of investment and I don't think we have to give any paperwork on the gold that we buy here the only thing here is that we have to pay taxes on gold jewellery purchases. People might say that the profit earned on gold could be less but is also safer than bitcoin investment.
U20
Activity: 546
Merit: 103
CAT.EX Exchange
I agree to you. But both have advantages and disadvantages. gold has existed for centuries, For example the value is increasing max. 100 dollars in 3 years. But bitcoin can double up to 1 years. You can earn 10 times your money with Bitcoin. on the other hand, you can lose them all. because it is not as stable as gold. I think both are smart, but if you are very solid, stay gold.  Bitcoin can be rich, or poor. gold doesn’t make you rich or poor.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 524
I will go for both as both have their own values, both investment option are very good but when comes to bitcoin i have to go for online exchange to sell but for gold i can even sell or pledge to my neighbor and they will happily lend me. So i will invest in both Bitcoin for long term investment and gold for emergency expenses solution and investment option is also good.
Activity: 667
Merit: 1
Bitcoin and gold are two different assets which serve different purpose purposes. Now there are some poe Pen who still find it hard to beoiget be in crypto not minding how much You preach to them. These set of people will prefer to choose gold as their store of value. But for me I will prefer bitcoin. So  it’s a matter of individual choices.
Activity: 889
Merit: 60
Well no one can censor the transfers… If but controlling it... That's a 2 way street because if you have anything to lose, someone could leverage it against you to rob your private keys. It's easier to walk out with a private key then tons of gold.
Activity: 854
Merit: 101
Its been almost two years since i shifted on investing in bitcoin than gold.
For me it is a better choice than having gold, because the price is very volatile.
Though the risk is highe as you dont have any physical holdings, but still a risk to take!
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
to get profit I think bitcoin is better than gold because the value of bitcoin can increase, but for the security of assets I think saving in gold is also good because it avoids the risk of loss.

indeed, in terms of looking for profit, it is easier to use bitcoin, but of course there are weaknesses, especially in btc, which is its weakness, there are many heckers who often want to take the coins that we have.

you are right because the bitcoin is a digital coins that stored on the digital wallet, it will more easy to hacked but we should know that there are hardware wallet that will be more hard than online wallet to be hacked, and we should know that on bitcoin we can investing with high return in the future,

we are talking about store of value not for profit or whatsoever  . bitcoin is not a good store of value because like what you said , it is online and its prone to threats  but gold is not hackable and you can safely keep it on your own safe  but it is bulky if you choose to add more value in your gold  . while in bitcoins you can carry them handy online or by using a hardware wallet for more safety keeping  .
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
to get profit I think bitcoin is better than gold because the value of bitcoin can increase, but for the security of assets I think saving in gold is also good because it avoids the risk of loss.

indeed, in terms of looking for profit, it is easier to use bitcoin, but of course there are weaknesses, especially in btc, which is its weakness, there are many heckers who often want to take the coins that we have.

you are right because the bitcoin is a digital coins that stored on the digital wallet, it will more easy to hacked but we should know that there are hardware wallet that will be more hard than online wallet to be hacked, and we should know that on bitcoin we can investing with high return in the future,
Activity: 700
Merit: 250

Activity: 812
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
Yes bitcoin can be a better storage of value when it has some stable price range or it can never be considered as storage of value since gold is maintaing the value almost contant and slight gradual increase for centuries.If bitcoin have stbale value like this then it can be a good storage of value because it is not physical so we don't need any physical place to store it and maintenance free but when we are having gold bars we may need to pay for banks or individual to keep it safe and easy to access any time any where.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
Ofcourse bitcoin is much better than gold in terms of storage since this is more accessible and transparent for each individuals who owns this

But its more practical to have also Gold in our houses specially in times of emergency like national disaster or world wars ,(well I’m just being true and be ready)

But i favor bitcoin for sure on this one,i just wanna point some views for understanding
actually not everyone thinks that way, because after all, people who don't understand this technology might prefer gold. in fact, there may be some bitcoin users, more gold than bitcoin. I think in this case it depends on the principle of each person. because both of them are promising investments.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

in my opinion both have advantages and disadvantages. in my country most people use gold as jewelry not as an investment tool. if we want to make a profit, it is better to invest in bitcoin. if we buy and sell bitcoin in the right time we can get a big profit. but of course big profits also have a big risk. gold investment, has a smaller risk. because gold can't be hacked and can be stored at home more safely.
Each of them does have its own characteristics. There are people who are lucky when investing in gold and there are also people who are lucky when investing in Bitcoin. So in my opinion choose according to the abilities and passion that we have. Don't force when we don't have the ability. Learning is not to blame but if you get the end point, that's what you choose.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 214
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Ofcourse bitcoin is much better than gold in terms of storage since this is more accessible and transparent for each individuals who owns this

But its more practical to have also Gold in our houses specially in times of emergency like national disaster or world wars ,(well I’m just being true and be ready)

But i favor bitcoin for sure on this one,i just wanna point some views for understanding
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
Wouldn't gold's physical nature be a real weakness because it could cause a "centralization in vaults" problem? How much gold can an individual legally own and store in your homes in your country?

Then there is Bitcoin. It is virtual, and it opens a world of private key ownership, and therefore, true sovereign ownership of private property which governments cannot control.

No, gold physical nature is the power of gold. Gold with it's physical has intrinsic value. We need gold to create some electronic components, it's not just a beautiful metal but it also usefull. But bitcoin still better than fiat money, bitcoin can be the number one alternative currency that accept by all people around the world although gold maybe become the main currency.

That's correct, gold has its own value on its own and it is not volatile like Crypto currencies, Bitcoin and other forms of Crypto currencies needs a stable currency to be able to create its value. -Fiat is a stable currency used worldwide and without this, there will be no or it will be hard to determine the price of Bitcoin without pairing it to a stable currency. I think this kind of natures of both these assets is needed to make more balanced trading. Smiley

Stable fiat? Right, it's stable in falling in purchasing power as the FED inflate the supply based on how much debt was made on any given moment.

HODL Bitcoin. Cool
Activity: 493

in my opinion both have advantages and disadvantages. in my country most people use gold as jewelry not as an investment tool. if we want to make a profit, it is better to invest in bitcoin. if we buy and sell bitcoin in the right time we can get a big profit. but of course big profits also have a big risk. gold investment, has a smaller risk. because gold can't be hacked and can be stored at home more safely.
Activity: 924
Merit: 502
Maybe gold investment could change price about 4 until 6% every year, bitcoin have speculative price and could change just one day more than 50% but some time you will be afraid when bitcoin could be lower price just few moment,
Thats what we are afraid of, the price of bitcoin can go down very deep, and can make you bankrupt. but of course the potential is very large the price can go up very high up to thousands of percent, for investment of course bitcoin is superior, but for store value, gold is safer

Although gold is safer to store, we can't guarantee that in the future but it will not gain a bigger price. Bitcoin has the better potential compared to of had assets like Gold. It keeps on rising when good chances showed a better capability during increase of demand, price will also pumping up.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 584
Wouldn't gold's physical nature be a real weakness because it could cause a "centralization in vaults" problem? How much gold can an individual legally own and store in your homes in your country?

Then there is Bitcoin. It is virtual, and it opens a world of private key ownership, and therefore, true sovereign ownership of private property which governments cannot control.

So far, I haven't found any info on gold limits in my country. The beauty of gold is that obviously, it'll still be gold no matter how long you keep it. It is cumbersome to store though and can't be easily carried in shtf situations. Of course you can have it in storage in some other institutions but if you just have a certificate, you can't really call it yours, they can even bar you from getting your, um, bars.

Bitcoin is better if you are talking of value since it appreciates better and is convenient to use. For example, if you have it on the Electrum wallet, you can escape situations like Katrina without having to lug around a heavy bag of bars. This is assuming of course you still have internet or electricity wherever you are moving to.
Pages:
Jump to: