Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin as a leading currency? - page 11. (Read 15096 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 100
February 02, 2018, 02:35:43 PM
For my opinion yes Bitcoin is the leading currency right now and it is the most trusted currency when it comes to investing .Bitcoin is the most popular crypto because of its rate or value that is continuously increasing .

It is the leading currency through the largest capitalization and the amount of people who are still ready to invest into it. Almost all have heard about Bitcoin, but a very few people still know about alts. Thus, BTC is a leader.
Activity: 181
Merit: 0
February 02, 2018, 07:20:41 AM
The economic reach of Bitcoin is an interesting subject of discussion. In the end there will be a maximum of 21.000.000 BTC. BTC is a eight-digit number.
I suppose that a currency can only be leading if it has the possibility ta pay in small amounts, equivalent tot e.g. dollarcent or eurocent. This statement limits the range of BTC, will the satoshi be the future euro/dollarcent?
In that case the maximum money supply wil be BTC 21.000.000,00000000 is e.g. EUR 99.999.999.999.999,99 (by the way: interesting exchange rate).
The money supply in the Eurozone (M3) is over EUR 10.000.000.000.000
So without any constraints, the structure of the BTC satisfies the necessary condition.
Let's inventory the other constraints.

I believed that bitcoin can be the leading currency because only bitcoin has the highest price than ever i know currency. Even bitcoin can experience a falling down to its price but its still higher because i bitcoin is higher because no one currencies of the nation can be leveled by bitcoin price because it is too much high . So that i believed and i surely assure that bitcoin can be able to become a leading currency through all over the world.
Activity: 966
Merit: 517
February 02, 2018, 07:12:01 AM
Indeed bitcoin is still by far the leading cryptocurrency in terms of value. But being top of all crypto doesn't mean that bitcoin is the best of all. It still depends on the community or investors on what is best crypto for them. Some people will just ignore bitcoin and they will be using other cryptocurrency that has a better specifications and maybe a lot more convenience for them to use.
These are some stances on which someone can be evaluated. For the bitcoins to be the best currency go the world, it definitely requires the whole world to accept it as soon as possible and give it legalizing authority to be used at any stage go life. But this isn’t the case, bitcoins are continuously banning in different countries due to some reasons. But still, it is on the top in crypto world.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
January 31, 2018, 05:54:04 AM
For my opinion yes Bitcoin is the leading currency right now and it is the most trusted currency when it comes to investing .Bitcoin is the most popular crypto because of its rate or value that is continuously increasing .
Activity: 350
January 31, 2018, 05:49:04 AM
Indeed, Bitcoin can get lost, so it will get lost. In that case in the end (at last after the mining-process is done) the BTC-supply will be a negative growth function. Are there any empirical data/maths about this decreasing process? Will this negative growth be significant for excluding "Bitcoin as a leading currency"?

Since bitcoin has limited supply in nature, Time after time btc will consistently surge up and becomes the most dominant crypto currency ever, As early as possible we should hold our btc wisely.
Activity: 266
January 31, 2018, 05:18:07 AM
The economic reach of Bitcoin is an interesting subject of discussion. In the end there will be a maximum of 21.000.000 BTC. BTC is a eight-digit number.
I suppose that a currency can only be leading if it has the possibility ta pay in small amounts, equivalent tot e.g. dollarcent or eurocent. This statement limits the range of BTC, will the satoshi be the future euro/dollarcent?
In that case the maximum money supply wil be BTC 21.000.000,00000000 is e.g. EUR 99.999.999.999.999,99 (by the way: interesting exchange rate).
So without any constraints, the structure of the BTC satisfies the necessary condition.

yes, bitcoin maybe the king of all the crypto currencies that are currently present and may stay as king for a very long time. but saying bitcoin will become a main currency for any country is a bit too far of a stretch. while i completely agree that bitcoin really does satisfy the necessary conditions, i still really don't think that it can replace any main currency yet. heck, i don't even think that it will be possible for bitcoin to become something like that. it is pretty obvious as to why. it is simply because there are just too many things that needs to be considered plus the fact that a lot of people are really pushing against bitcoins and all other cryptos because of personal reasons.

you see, i too believe in bitcoin. i actually love its rich history and ideologies.
which is why i am still here. trying to get a hold of as much bitcoins as i can.
but i just cannot see bitcoin as a main currency, it is just something that is
completely impossible. but still, anything can happen. so we'll just have to
wait and see.
Activity: 456
January 31, 2018, 04:39:29 AM
Affirmative. Bitcoin is the leading currency of all time not only in the crypto world but also in fiat because of its value, market and demand. Even its value drops down in the past few days, it remains on top not only on top but too far gap compare to its second.
Activity: 294
★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange
January 31, 2018, 04:19:05 AM

Bitcoin is not only as a top currency, but its price is the highest in the virtual currency because bitcoin is a leader in the commercial field and is of great interest and response, the influence of Bitcoin is widely spoken. that in the future it will replace the dollar
Activity: 224
January 31, 2018, 12:47:09 AM
Indeed bitcoin is still by far the leading cryptocurrency in terms of value. But being top of all crypto doesn't mean that bitcoin is the best of all. It still depends on the community or investors on what is best crypto for them. Some people will just ignore bitcoin and they will be using other cryptocurrency that has a better specifications and maybe a lot more convenience for them to use.
Activity: 126
Merit: 14
January 25, 2018, 11:26:19 AM
Bitcoin will remain to be a forced to be reckoned with as long as there no other coins which is issued by the central bank and supported by the government that will help backed its demand to the people around the world that will eventually lead to it's price increase and over shadow bitcoin. But still bitcoin even though the price crash dramatically it is still continously leading the value of other alternate coins.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
January 25, 2018, 11:20:20 AM
Bitcoin is as of now driving all the cryptos in the cryptoworld. On the off chance that we take a gander at the diagram, bitcoin has been overwhelming on the two ascribes as to showcase capital, value, volume and obviously the predominance bitcoin has been since it was propelled by Satoshi Nakamoto.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
January 25, 2018, 07:33:06 AM
Bitcoin is already leading all the cryptos in the cryptoworld. If we look at the graph, bitcoin has been dominating on both attributes as to market capital, price, volume and of course the dominance bitcoin has been since it was launched by Satoshi Nakamoto.
As of now, bitcoin is still the king of all of the cryptocurency but there will be a time that the people will just ignore bitcoin and they will be using other cryptocurrency that is better than bitcoin and have a better specifications and as the years goes by, bitcoin needs to be competitive so it will not depend only on the community and get left behind by the futuristic cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
January 25, 2018, 02:21:18 AM
Bitcoin is already leading all the cryptos in the cryptoworld. If we look at the graph, bitcoin has been dominating on both attributes as to market capital, price, volume and of course the dominance bitcoin has been since it was launched by Satoshi Nakamoto.
Activity: 171
Global Risk Exchange - gref.io
January 24, 2018, 11:05:30 PM
Indeed, Bitcoin can get lost, so it will get lost. In that case in the end (at last after the mining-process is done) the BTC-supply will be a negative growth function. Are there any empirical data/maths about this decreasing process? Will this negative growth be significant for excluding "Bitcoin as a leading currency"?

For me it became slowly that bitcoin will became official currency. We hope so that it came the right time that became official currency in whole world.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 103
January 24, 2018, 09:07:16 PM
For my experience, bitcoin is a true leading in all currencies because the high value price of this. I have 2 years in this crypto-currencies industry and i see the movement of every coin in the market , sometimes im scared the dump of bitcoin but in a couple of a days or a weeks its going up again . Many countries accepting the bitcoin thats why bitcoin is very popular and most leading to all coins .  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
January 24, 2018, 08:58:46 PM
Only what happens as the price of bitcoin falls. Other currencies are also falling, so bitcoin is the leading currency. Other currencies follow the direction set by bitcoin.

Not necessarily. If Bitcoin is tanking without anything pointing at more restrictions from the side of the government, altcoins as Ethereum, Dash and BCH tend to increase. Just recently the entire crypto market was tanking because of concerns (i.e. speculation) regarding South Korea shutting down its crypto exchanges. In this case the entire crypto market suffers from that, because if we look at South Korea and their effective importance in this market, it actually makes sense to cause this level of panic amongst traders. That being said, the FUD wasn't the only reason the market started to tank -- it was perfectly timed FUD that made it seem like it was the only reason for panic. Bitcoin was going to correct anyway....
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
January 24, 2018, 08:47:49 PM
The maximum amount that will ever be mined is 21 million bitcoin yes, but It's impossible for that amount to be in circulation even when everything is mined because people are losing their bitcoins all the time and they are lost forever.

Bitcoin is unlikely to become a leading currency simply because the banking system won't let it happen. Its unstoppable but won't be the main currency for sure. As for paying using smalls amounts, that's not really where bitcoin strength shows but hopefully with Lightning Network, that would be possible.

People you have/using bitcoin are the one who stops bitcoin as a leading "currency". Because these people are using bitcoin as an investment/asset.
And technically, bitcoin and any other crypto-currency cannot replace fiat as the leading currency. Bitcoin can be the leading "alternative" currency.
No doubt about it bitcoin today is really the leading currency because anyone  can really use it even you are not in rge same country i believe that bitcoin is really the most leading currency because it really helps anyone who really believe in it maybe  people will really experiebce the profit that is in bitcoin that is why bitcoin today is really getting more trend.
Activity: 518
Merit: 115
January 24, 2018, 06:08:46 PM
The maximum amount that will ever be mined is 21 million bitcoin yes, but It's impossible for that amount to be in circulation even when everything is mined because people are losing their bitcoins all the time and they are lost forever.

Bitcoin is unlikely to become a leading currency simply because the banking system won't let it happen. Its unstoppable but won't be the main currency for sure. As for paying using smalls amounts, that's not really where bitcoin strength shows but hopefully with Lightning Network, that would be possible.

People you have/using bitcoin are the one who stops bitcoin as a leading "currency". Because these people are using bitcoin as an investment/asset.
And technically, bitcoin and any other crypto-currency cannot replace fiat as the leading currency. Bitcoin can be the leading "alternative" currency.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 505
January 24, 2018, 01:28:24 PM
Bitcoin will not be a leading currency, there are many altcoins that are better equipped to be used as a currency. And do not forget about the issues like high fees and lengthy waiting times. Also the high volatility makes merchants who had already accepted bitcoin as payment decide to put that to an end and they are looking for another coin. Bitcoin is more of an asset to invest in.

Yes, that's all right. Only what happens as the price of bitcoin falls. Other currencies are also falling, so bitcoin is the leading currency. Other currencies follow the direction set by bitcoin.
Activity: 266
Merit: 151
First crypto index traded as a token!
January 24, 2018, 01:20:22 PM
Bitcoin will not be a leading currency, there are many altcoins that are better equipped to be used as a currency. And do not forget about the issues like high fees and lengthy waiting times. Also the high volatility makes merchants who had already accepted bitcoin as payment decide to put that to an end and they are looking for another coin. Bitcoin is more of an asset to invest in.
Pages:
Jump to: