Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin as a leading currency? - page 12. (Read 15096 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
January 24, 2018, 01:14:30 PM
I hope that it will implement the lightning network soon to maintain its reputation as the #1 crypto coin... I am afraid that others might overtake it since they have better payment systems...
Activity: 910
Merit: 260
January 24, 2018, 01:12:39 PM
The economic reach of Bitcoin is an interesting subject of discussion. In the end there will be a maximum of 21.000.000 BTC. BTC is a eight-digit number.
I suppose that a currency can only be leading if it has the possibility ta pay in small amounts, equivalent tot e.g. dollarcent or eurocent. This statement limits the range of BTC, will the satoshi be the future euro/dollarcent?
In that case the maximum money supply wil be BTC 21.000.000,00000000 is e.g. EUR 99.999.999.999.999,99 (by the way: interesting exchange rate).
The money supply in the Eurozone (M3) is over EUR 10.000.000.000.000
So without any constraints, the structure of the BTC satisfies the necessary condition.
Let's inventory the other constraints.

Still bitcoin is one of the best crypto currency among the other crypto currency , the amount of it is amazing some say it just slightly goes down and unexpectedly raise up. And in the year 2017 bitcoin become or gain some popularity across the world , and bitcoin has a better price than other crypto.

Bitcoin always leading in the currency. Most of the people learn more information for the future invest and finances process. Peoples now use the bitcoin for the business process. So bitcoin peices change. It increas the prices day by day. People now hold and wait for the prices incres  then invest the future for growth..
Activity: 396
Merit: 104
January 24, 2018, 01:09:40 PM
The economic reach of Bitcoin is an interesting subject of discussion. In the end there will be a maximum of 21.000.000 BTC. BTC is a eight-digit number.
I suppose that a currency can only be leading if it has the possibility ta pay in small amounts, equivalent tot e.g. dollarcent or eurocent. This statement limits the range of BTC, will the satoshi be the future euro/dollarcent?
In that case the maximum money supply wil be BTC 21.000.000,00000000 is e.g. EUR 99.999.999.999.999,99 (by the way: interesting exchange rate).
So without any constraints, the structure of the BTC satisfies the necessary condition.

Still bitcoin is one of the best crypto currency among the other crypto currency , the amount of it is amazing some say it just slightly goes down and unexpectedly raise up. And in the year 2017 bitcoin become or gain some popularity across the world , and bitcoin has a better price than other crypto.
Activity: 115
Merit: 11
January 22, 2018, 06:33:33 AM

Indeed the Bitocoin is still the best and stable among other cryptocurrencies and as the mother of all Altcoins.
As you can see the trend from last 2017, it shows how Bitcoin rise up until the end of 2017.
Though, there are some dips during January, 2018 but that is normal in trading and as speculated, the price will rise up again by February, 2018 so we better to invest now and hold it until we reached the desired income in the future.
Don't be discourage is the price is going down but instead take it as opportunity to invest additional Bitcoin.
Activity: 63
January 22, 2018, 05:59:01 AM
Near future it could be even more who knows it. Bitcoin will be the leading cryptocurrency but for the government bitcoin will be the leading commodity that has a value and can be used as a form of payment.
Activity: 277
Merit: 10
January 21, 2018, 07:38:50 AM
I doubt that Bitcoin will be the leading currency due to its high transaction fee charges. Everybody always want cost to be reduced to the nearest minimum. I doubt if Blockchain can do that. However, if Bitcoin and Blockchain can do that it could just become the leading currency.
Activity: 83
Merit: 1
January 21, 2018, 07:34:22 AM
Bitcoin as a leading currency right now because its decentralized currency at the same time its crypto. Bitcoin it is easy to send real money quickly to any where in the world . Bitcoin can also be used to make purchase from other commodity.
Activity: 117
Merit: 100
January 13, 2018, 04:42:52 AM
20 years from now Bitcoin will have a price more than $50k/BTC.

20 years? that long? woah, I'm hoping to be still alive when that happen, but I am more excited on how much will be the Ethereum when Bitcoin reach that big value. 2 months ago it was a bit under $300 now it reach more than $1100.

Activity: 280
Merit: 12
January 13, 2018, 04:18:32 AM
           Cripto  money as the main currency. All the wheels are spinning, of course there is a point of change, I tie up the changes that exist if the government participates in giving cripto money for the main money held. Actually this is more shaped like help that can help the economy disebuah country.

But our country still has not seen the cripto money that can be used for the whole world. They do not consider that this is a great opportunity for citizens. Anyone who tries to make a profit with their cripto money can trade with their country money. So they can make easy money for the future. If do not understand then they will not get this cripto money.
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 284
January 11, 2018, 05:10:11 PM
The maximum amount that will ever be mined is 21 million bitcoin yes, but It's impossible for that amount to be in circulation even when everything is mined because people are losing their bitcoins all the time and they are lost forever.

Bitcoin is unlikely to become a leading currency simply because the banking system won't let it happen. Its unstoppable but won't be the main currency for sure. As for paying using smalls amounts, that's not really where bitcoin strength shows but hopefully with Lightning Network, that would be possible.
Bitcoin power lies in a situation where people are sending huge amount of value from one country another per say. It the current bitcoin situation, it is really not possible for the people to be using bitcoin as a medium form of daily transactions. it may rather work as a global payments or a digital store of value.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
January 01, 2018, 11:29:32 PM
The bitcoin starts from very small amount which most people didn't believe that it will be successful. If we talk about the leading currency, definitely yes, bitcoin is the leading crypto currency from all crypto currency here in the cyberworld. As the time goes by bitcoin is very unpredictable which suddenly grows its value for just short period of and gives a tremendous performance of the year 2017. Though it will fall for a while due to some users as well as investors some doubts that bitcoin will fall totally but after some moment it will back to its stabilized value which is like in a market by applying the law of supply and demand throughout the world.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
December 27, 2017, 11:01:46 PM
Bitcoin is ultimately deflationary, since in the year 2140, when all bitcoins are mined, the loss of bitcoin continues, because you can't remove the error factor of humans losing passwords, getting their hardware broken and irreparable with the coins in it, be it hard disks, trezors or pendrives, accidents like your house burning with the coins in it including paperwallets... people will keep losing coins.

Some argue this will lead to deflationary spiral. I think this is a non issue, because due the digital nature of bitcoin, it can continue growing as long as there's demand, and if required, we can have more than 8 decimal points to cater for big values per coin while not losing the ability to do micropayments (BTC will be eventually worth millions of dollars, so 1 satoshi will be too high to cater for micropayments, which means we will need more decimal points).

bitcoin will become a legend of cryptocurrency, in the year 2140 bitcoin is a rare currency. ETH possibilities will be a change for bitcoin, eth use has a big impact and shifts bitcoin & altcoin.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 501
December 27, 2017, 08:26:13 PM
We can't say it as a leading currency since it is not widely used for a currency purpose, every transaction fee is so high, for an economic matter a good currency should have been being used by people and it circulates fast. A currency with a transaction fee this high cannot be called as a good currency. Bitcoin maybe a lot better and has a lot features than any other currency but with the transaction fee like this and with the value that don't stop moving I don't think it can ever be a leading currency.
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
December 27, 2017, 07:59:44 PM
Bitcoin is the first and dominant crypto curreny of all time and its value grows rapidly making remarkable moment as of this yera performance. The bitcoin and the blockchain network has helped me a lot as well as those people the same way of living and other users by providing an additional source of income by working on the bitcoin and crypto network, bitcoin has helped to transaction payments via online  throughout the world without relying on any third party situation like the banking system and any governing bodies. I believed by next year that bitcoin will be more popular as well as its value grows much more as the time passes by.
Activity: 805
Merit: 250
December 27, 2017, 07:36:09 PM
We can say that bitcoin is very popular today and it always appeared in social medias. Gaining those leadership to become on top among other currencies is very amazing. But I don't think that it will be on top for long, since the total supply of bitcoin are almost mined in which it could really affect bitcoin's price. And we can't denied that USD is having a huge fund and with unlimited supply, and it was supported by all countries as a global currency unlike bitcoin. Possible that bitcoin will step aside and USD will move forward taking place after bitcoin.  
Activity: 72
December 27, 2017, 07:15:19 PM
Many countries only have support for Bitcoin wallets. However, soon this will change, and people can finally choose which coin to buy primarily.
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
December 27, 2017, 07:07:44 PM

Thanks for the details. Bitcoins is leading the currency market. Another main things is, a crypto currency is leading the currency market. Very interesting. What it says? Crypto is going to lead the economy market? People will be speaking only about crypto dominant? Where the crypto is leading the economy world to? Every user of bitcoin and other crypto currencies are going to be more wealthy then any other fiat holders down the line? Yes. All these are going to turn as real in coming years. More adaption is going to occur soon. Happy to see it.

What do you mean Bitcoin is leading the currency market? You will have to look at 2 factors - money supply and how much of transactions are denominated in that currency. The US dollar is the leader - no doubt about it. Bitcoin has a long way to go before it gets anywhere close.
Doesn't bitcoin fit for that? we all know that bitcoin has those factors, high demand with limited supply and although we do have some crypto that was also popular still bitcoin is the number one in the market and its volatility in the price is one the reason why  it is still the number one and most talked crpto of all time.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
December 27, 2017, 04:00:06 PM

Thanks for the details. Bitcoins is leading the currency market. Another main things is, a crypto currency is leading the currency market. Very interesting. What it says? Crypto is going to lead the economy market? People will be speaking only about crypto dominant? Where the crypto is leading the economy world to? Every user of bitcoin and other crypto currencies are going to be more wealthy then any other fiat holders down the line? Yes. All these are going to turn as real in coming years. More adaption is going to occur soon. Happy to see it.

What do you mean Bitcoin is leading the currency market? You will have to look at 2 factors - money supply and how much of transactions are denominated in that currency. The US dollar is the leader - no doubt about it. Bitcoin has a long way to go before it gets anywhere close.
Activity: 882
Merit: 517
cloverdex.io
December 27, 2017, 03:53:19 PM

Activity: 203
Merit: 100
December 27, 2017, 01:46:07 PM
For 9 years we have seen that bitcoin is the leading currency as there are thousands of other alt coins came and went but only bitcoin could withstand this for years and price rose to all time high of 1600+. Near future it could be even more who knows it.

I agree with that, other people think Bitcoin is the leading fiat which is I am not agree with, Bitcoin has a lot of potentials indeed as well as disadvantage which is we are very aware of that. In this platform of course Bitcoin is the leading currency in which its already approaching a million in our country but I guess in dollars its 10-15,000 ,correct me if Im wrong but still this is indeed a huge amount that we can acquire.
Pages:
Jump to: