Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin as a medium for donations - page 4. (Read 1854 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 6769
Currently not much available - see my websitelink
April 18, 2024, 01:11:36 PM
We hope that others will help us, because this will benefit everyone
Very true, even small amounts can be helpful because just imagine, 20 people donate 5 USD each, it's again a donation of 200 USD and every small amount of money counts.

I've just sent an additional small transaction of valuable BTC to you to guarantee that your next delievery will be successful: https://blockchair.com/bitcoin/transaction/d1cf61eff4e923df637e9a9f0b0b12244f3be4d034d5121891e1098e229b65f0
I hope it helps.  Smiley

And for everyone else: your donations are always welcome.  Smiley
If any of you want to donate a little bit to help derBowler achieving a new delievery, your help is much appreciated and you'll find his Bitcoin addresses below, where you can donate to.

To get more information about his latest updates, you can also check his topic here: Ambulance - Campaign - Ukraine

Activity: 2492
Merit: 212
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
April 17, 2024, 04:03:33 AM
It’s incredible how much help is sent to people who need it the most.

But also I think this is good to show the world that bitcoin is not only prone to being used as an illegal payment but it can also be used to help others. Donating does not always require the sender’s information and they might want to keep it safe often obscuring their data which makes sense why they would prefer to use bitcoin.

If they want an organization or a people even against their government’s policies (for example an organization is retaliating against unlawful practices of the government) then they can use bitcoin to show support without sacrificing their own safety
Activity: 624
Merit: 397
Alle sagten es geht nicht bis Einer einfach machte
April 17, 2024, 03:50:13 AM
Ambulance - Campaign

Hello everyone.

I'm contacting you again because we've been approached again to see if we could organise a few more ambulances.

The last campaign with the emergency vehicles was so great that some Doctors in the Ukraine have joined forces and are now travelling across the Country to visit and provide medical care to people in the Ukraine who need medical help but are no longer able to drive to a Hospital due to destroyed infrastructure or are no longer able to do so themselves.
As the ambulances are of a very high standard, almost like a mobile operating theatre, even very difficult cases can be treated, which also benefits the soldiers and the Military, who have also asked for a Vehicle.

We, who have been organising aid transports and materials of all kinds for the local people for almost two years now, are of course doing everything we can to make this happen again.
As we have been in very close contact with the Military and also with some aid Organisations on the ground from the very beginning and we now know each other personally, we know that everything we put together here will arrive there and go into the right hands.

So everything, and we really mean everything, goes one-to-one into the Projects and help for the People in Ukraine.

However, as this is beyond our financial means, we are now more dependent on external support, as this is something very different and not easy.

Maybe you can imagine to support us in this local Project, it does not have to be a lot, everyone a little bit as you can but together we are strong.

Feel free to advertise it and there will certainly be a report like with the other projects.
Unfortunately, such help is still seen as very critical, which also leads to hostility etc. so be careful when you ask, we have already experienced a lot here.

But I still believe that we should not stand idly by, especially as it is ultimately about Europe, our homeland, and the People in Ukraine who are like you and me, already have very little and now everything has been destroyed, so we should help those who are not so well off.

I would like to say thank you and hope for a lot of support so that we can give some people some peace and above all hope.

With this in mind, everyone stay healthy and if you have any questions, just write to me, please

Greetings Tim

for Bitcoin : bc1qcatsxvw057khlcazrzpl33rje8lvjnyz6ryxxh

for Ethereum : 0xD7638eb545678a58A9Fd77B12eb7dF5C30Cec0D5

I read your entire post and my heart wept. Because when a country is at war, it is difficult to get safe water for survival, so if you can help in that place, it will definitely be the best thing to do.

PS: I very much hope that we can live together peacefully again at some point, but this does not look like it at the moment, see the new problem Israel and Iran all the more we have to stick together. Those who are doing well should perhaps help the poorer ones to restore a balance and give the poorer ones a little hope again. Thank you

However, new problems have arisen between Iran and Israel, a massive war is going on in the world, due to which the cryptocurrency market is on a downward trend. I also want to help but I have to give (1 to 2 weeks time) so that I can collect my money. But I will not mention here the amount of help I want to give, but I will keep myself calm and if everyone helps together, it will definitely be possible to reach the highest level.

Hello

Yes, it is very, very bad in Ukraine, the more you go deeper into the country, the more words fail you.

As an aid organisation, we also have counsellors for our helpers because you have to come to terms with what you see there.

I think it's great that you want to help us, really great, thank you

We hope that others will help us, because this will benefit everyone

Greetings Tim
legendary
April 16, 2024, 07:10:12 AM
Once again nice to hear your update. It's great to see that you and your friends are stil dedicated to help Ukrainians.
Maybe you can still get enough support to fund your operations.
Bitcointalk is a great community where I'm sure that you'll see some more donations to get enough funds for your next campaign.

Take care and a big Kudos for your support and aid!
All the best for your new mission!
Activity: 560
Merit: 286
April 16, 2024, 05:49:12 AM
Ambulance - Campaign

Hello everyone.

I'm contacting you again because we've been approached again to see if we could organise a few more ambulances.

The last campaign with the emergency vehicles was so great that some Doctors in the Ukraine have joined forces and are now travelling across the Country to visit and provide medical care to people in the Ukraine who need medical help but are no longer able to drive to a Hospital due to destroyed infrastructure or are no longer able to do so themselves.
As the ambulances are of a very high standard, almost like a mobile operating theatre, even very difficult cases can be treated, which also benefits the soldiers and the Military, who have also asked for a Vehicle.

We, who have been organising aid transports and materials of all kinds for the local people for almost two years now, are of course doing everything we can to make this happen again.
As we have been in very close contact with the Military and also with some aid Organisations on the ground from the very beginning and we now know each other personally, we know that everything we put together here will arrive there and go into the right hands.

So everything, and we really mean everything, goes one-to-one into the Projects and help for the People in Ukraine.

However, as this is beyond our financial means, we are now more dependent on external support, as this is something very different and not easy.

Maybe you can imagine to support us in this local Project, it does not have to be a lot, everyone a little bit as you can but together we are strong.

Feel free to advertise it and there will certainly be a report like with the other projects.
Unfortunately, such help is still seen as very critical, which also leads to hostility etc. so be careful when you ask, we have already experienced a lot here.

But I still believe that we should not stand idly by, especially as it is ultimately about Europe, our homeland, and the People in Ukraine who are like you and me, already have very little and now everything has been destroyed, so we should help those who are not so well off.

I would like to say thank you and hope for a lot of support so that we can give some people some peace and above all hope.

With this in mind, everyone stay healthy and if you have any questions, just write to me, please

Greetings Tim

I read your entire post and my heart wept. Because when a country is at war, it is difficult to get safe water for survival, so if you can help in that place, it will definitely be the best thing to do.

PS: I very much hope that we can live together peacefully again at some point, but this does not look like it at the moment, see the new problem Israel and Iran all the more we have to stick together. Those who are doing well should perhaps help the poorer ones to restore a balance and give the poorer ones a little hope again. Thank you

However, new problems have arisen between Iran and Israel, a massive war is going on in the world, due to which the cryptocurrency market is on a downward trend. I also want to help but I have to give (1 to 2 weeks time) so that I can collect my money. But I will not mention here the amount of help I want to give, but I will keep myself calm and if everyone helps together, it will definitely be possible to reach the highest level.
April 16, 2024, 04:18:43 AM
Ambulance - Campaign

Hello everyone.

Greetings Tim

Activity: 322
Merit: 128
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
April 16, 2024, 01:23:49 AM
And that’s what happening to Bitcoin currently, it’s getting more useful every day, especially for donations.

And it will grow if the level of public awareness about other functions of cryptocurrency in this case BTC I think will be even better, where donors who have donated ownership can easily check easily of the transactions they have sent.

Yes. BTC is very liquid besides that's true as OP mentioned BTC is also global and easy to access and makes it so easy especially for cross-border donations or humanitarian aid in addition to the potential for quick returns and potential assets to invest.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
April 15, 2024, 10:59:07 PM
I've run several charity auctions via this forum where bitcoin was used as the primary donation method.  Now to be fair, of the three different auctions I've ran on the site here, it was to two different charity organizations.  One accepted bitcoin as is, and the other I did have to sell in order to swap that bitcoin in to USD to be able to donate to the charity.

But, here's an example of one of the charities I ran here on the forum - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.33830334
Activity: 896
Merit: 279
April 15, 2024, 09:44:20 PM
@icopress I would love to ask a few questions:

1 - How did you get people to trust you in the first place so that people make donations without fearing any scheme? I have no idea how you pulled that out! Is that because you're a well known forum contributor alone?

2 - This is more a generic question but I'm still not sure about the answer. So, you get donations in an address. Then, in order to make those donations actually valuable, you have to sell those Bitcoins for fiat so that you guys can purchase stuff locally. Is it like that that it works? Or what is the process?

Keep up the good work. That is a noble action from you

@icopress is known in the forum over the years and has gained reputation, he is known to notable forum members in various tiers. His campaigns and his ability to multitask across multiple of them in an orderly manner still keeps him steps ahead.

Forum members with such degree of dedication and transparency have little worries over being committed with resources as they are well trusted to deliver on their promises. 

Just to note, I believe, amongst others, that money or the amount of  money you have at your disposal is the direct degree of trust the state has in you, as money is a property of the state, so, the amount vested on @icopress in terms of donations is the degree of trust the forum has in him. We should worry less about him as he didn't just fall on it, he worked hard enough to earn that trust.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 298
April 15, 2024, 09:19:58 PM
In our opinion.currently the media is very influential in all aspects of whatever it all depends on bitcoin users to make donations in the form of media, especially at this time the media is very influential in a reality on social media, with so many media users of course this will be a step that it is very good for bitcoin if you want to make a donation in this way so that it can indirectly have a good effect on the sustainability of bitcoin in the long term, with this at least it can increase public trust in the crypto world today

Obviously,bitcoin has no limitations has it serves too many purposes as a digital currency.It didn't just tackled the financial crisis as we all know,it also offered freedom and financial independence,and it completely improves the complications and risks present in the financial markets.

Bitcoin has come a long way,and its no child's play.It's existence as a global game changer is constantly laying and creating lasting changes for humanity.I'm overwhelmed  by its Capability to render multi and multiple approach to a better life.
Activity: 84
Merit: 32
₿itcoin maximalist
April 15, 2024, 07:39:35 PM
I think it's really great that you still think of us and that we can continue to experience your support, respect
Thank derBowler for your efforts in supporting Ukraine and its people during this difficult time. I hope that the war will end soon and that Ukraine will be restored soon, that children can go back to school soon and that people can walk the streets without fear of being attacked by bombs.

This war is also the first high-profile case in which everyone in the world can donate for humanitarian and reconstruction purposes in Ukraine. In 2017, there were many projects related to the humanitarian and charitable fields, but they all failed. In the end, it is BTC and ETH that are doing a very good job of this. That's what sets King and Queen apart from other projects in the crypto market.

Prayers for Ukraine, glory to Ukraine and blessings to you!
legendary
April 14, 2024, 01:31:28 PM
Your support to help Ukrainians in dire need is truly appreciated, derBowler. I'm sure your efforts are really providing basic help to these people and that's what's really important for them right now. It's a pity that Putin keeps attacking Ukraine and especially civilians and civilian insfrastructure.  Lips sealed
KUDOS to your and all of your fellow people helping to get aid into Ukraine to provide support to civilians.

Maybe we can get some more donations for you as I've recently donated my won prize of 13 mBTC from a giveaway, where I've won:

After winning first place here, I would like to donate my win to an Ukrainian aid campaign, organized by forum member @derBowler.

Hopefully there will be more donations coming in soon for you.
March 24, 2024, 05:40:27 PM
- Update -

Hello to all

I think it's really great that you still think of us and that we can continue to experience your support, respect

Thank you, thank you, thank you

The destruction in the Ukraine can hardly be put into words, what is shown here in the news doesn't even come close to what has really been destroyed on the ground. People are living in their bombed-out houses in rural areas, where there is no electricity, heating or running water, not to mention that the houses themselves are on the verge of collapse.
We spoke to some of them and they all unanimously said where should we go - this is our home, we bought the house and we can't afford anything new.
Dear community, we are really lucky that we are doing well, even if one or the other may not have an easy life, but we are still better off than the people living in the Ukraine. Despite the whole situation, the people there still help each other and everyone does what they can, they really give each other the shirt off their backs.
They are all the happier when we come by with our aid shipments and think of these people, they are happy about every little thing like a woollen blanket, gas cooker, water, hygiene articles, old clothes, toys for the children, medicines, baby food, candles and much more.

Our next transport will start again at Easter with lots of relief supplies of all kinds as well as lots of toys and sweets. Hundreds of Easter bags are currently being packed every day by various helpers in their free time for various children there.

We are in constant contact with the military and so we can plan all our aid shipments properly and also guarantee that it arrives where it is supposed to.
So far we have had no problems with our transports apart from a few minor issues, so a big thank you to everyone involved.

I can tell you that we should be aware and grateful that we were born and are allowed to live here in the western republic, somehow the world seems to be very inconsistent at the moment and nobody really knows how it will end.

So we are still here and will help the people in Ukraine as much as we can.

So I can only call on you once again to continue to support us so that we can continue to organise the aid transports.

Here is another campaign and collaboration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_rlrt0rnVQ

Music unites and is also the greatest thing that has been created in co-operation.

So as you can see it all has a meaning and purpose, we are proud of what has been created here

In this sense, thanks to all, stay healthy, if you have any questions, please contact me.

Please continue to support us, we are grateful for any support and the people of Ukraine are even more grateful

Best regards
Tim

Activity: 1260
Merit: 393
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
November 07, 2023, 11:24:02 AM
The use of Bitcoin not only provides benefits to individuals who invest in it, Bitcoin can also provide benefits to the wider community, especially those affected by natural disasters or victims of war. Raising donations using Bitcoin makes it easier for anyone who wants to donate, everyone in various parts of the world can make donations without having to convert to a certain currency to make a donation. The multifunctional nature of Bitcoin has changed people's views on doing things that fiat currency has not been able to do, Bitcoin technology will continue to develop because it always makes things easier for anyone who holds it.
Activity: 336
Merit: 495
Math + Code = Blockchain 😁
November 07, 2023, 10:24:43 AM

I have donated to all campaigns listed here and I’m in support of them.

@1miau I would like to make a translation of this post in my local board so I am requesting a slot.
Activity: 2212
Merit: 786
July 21, 2022, 07:55:26 PM
Quote from: darkv0rt3x
How did you get people to trust you in the first place so that people make donations without fearing any scheme? I have no idea how you pulled that out! Is that because you're a well known forum contributor alone?
In fact, a green rating doesn't mean much to me in the current realities, since most users submit green tags for no reason.

Therefore, I think that the matter is in a personal relationship ... After all, most of my friends at the forum have been engaged in business with me for many years and know exactly who I am. In addition, on one of the first days of the war, one well-known forum regular asked me to pay attention to the current situation, so I'm here, so I'm doing what I have to do and not what I want.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, icopress.

Unfortunately, the majority of scammers in this forum are cloaked with green ratings as they take advantage of this position to misrepresent others. I remember, there was a situation where a famous local poster asked for a loan. His request was granted due to the green/positive ratings he accumulated overtime but he withdrew from the loan and leaving this forum again.

Positive and green ratings do not guarantee absolutely that your transaction with another person will be successful and safe. The only blanket of security that you can have is by checking if he/she has previously done multiple transactions involving the one that you are specifically asking for.
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
July 21, 2022, 07:46:20 PM
These projects are all clear proofs that Bitcoin can be used in multi-dimensional ways profitably. Using Bitcoin in war-torn areas where accesses to financial institutions are very limited or even non-existing is a pointer that Bitcoin is here to solve the financial challenges of humanity. Bitcoin privacy feature seems to agree with the teachings of my religion that advises believers to give secretly. @1miau, @derBowler, @icopress your selfless service is commendable. Selfless giving is reaching out to people that cannot return back your kind gestures and that is what you guys have done. All I can say is thank you and keep up the good works.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1385
Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!
July 21, 2022, 02:02:47 PM
If we're talking about the practical side of things, I do believe that Bitcoin is great for donations. The on-chain fees have been very reasonable for a while now, and donations usually don't have an urgency similar to that of paying in a coffee shop while there's a queue behind you, for example. It's also particularly convenient for international donations, and I've seen it with the case of Ukraine. If you're abroad and don't have a Ukrainian banking card, it can be tricky to send money because you usually need all sorts of details, and an international transfer can take whole day (or more if it's a Friday evening or during the weekend). With Bitcoin, it's super simple because there's just one thing (the address), and you just send the money there without entering any details about you or the receiver. As for the way of using the money, well, if you can't use BTC to buy things directly, you can sell it for fiat on a local exchange. And it's still easier this way than an international transfer (and also takes less time).
copper member
Activity: 2828
Merit: 4065
Top Crypto Casino
July 21, 2022, 09:15:27 AM

Then what? The same can be argued when you make a donation in fiat and even in toilet paper. No matter what currency is involved, the right way to use it is always up for debate.
You can surf the web and you will find some scandals about reputable organizations. Or stories about donations that were made through stolen credit cards. By the way, this case is not possible with Bitcoin (unless you hacked a wallet).

"bitcoin transactions are super quick and can help anyone in real-time."
Yes, that's right, but the banking system can be instant. Can bitcoin'stransactions be instant? Nope, so comparing the 'speed' is useless.
 Only the point you are missing is that those collecting donations in crypto still need the banking system to convert to fiat anyway. So the problem is the same if people/organizations have some difficulties accessing the banking system (sometimes just to open a bank accont). Or in Africa, you want to send a donation in crypto when most of the people don't have access to the internet, and even electricity

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
July 21, 2022, 07:25:05 AM
Bitcoin is surely a great asset to donate. But what should matter is whether the person to whom you are donating the bitcoin will be able to make the right use of it or not. If not, it will be useless. Otherwise, there is no denying the fact that bitcoin transactions are super quick and can help anyone in real-time.
Pages:
Jump to: