Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin as P2P currency vs Bitcoin as an asset - page 5. (Read 531 times)

Activity: 64
Merit: 18

Overtime multiple debates have been raised concerning Bitcoin losing its adoption as a P2P currency. A lot users who transact with little amounts of Bitcoins during intervals seem to be in support of loss in Bitcoin P2P adoption. However some other users especially business men who transact non stop with Bitcoin on a larger scale, seem to have the opinion that the adoption rate is quite ok. Of course no one is happy when transacting with Bitcoin during periods of high conjestions as fees can be sometimes annoying.
Yes, this debate has been ongoing for some time now, with inconclusive opinions due to the criteria at hand. We understand that the primary purpose of Bitcoin's invention was to create a new financial system without room for a third party. However, things have taken a different turn as Bitcoin appreciates over time. Its ability to accumulate in price now makes it serve better as an investment rather than a medium of transaction.

The adoption of the peer-to-peer (p2p) system is still growing through large-scale businesses and e-commerce, but I believe the grassroots level (you and me) defines it more. Regardless, we still have p2p users.
Activity: 336
Merit: 495
Math + Code = Blockchain 😁

Overtime multiple debates have been raised concerning Bitcoin losing its adoption as a P2P currency. A lot users who transact with little amounts of Bitcoins during intervals seem to be in support of loss in Bitcoin P2P adoption. However some other users especially business men who transact non stop with Bitcoin on a larger scale, seem to have the opinion that the adoption rate is quite ok. Of course no one is happy when transacting with Bitcoin during periods of high conjestions as fees can be sometimes annoying.

Nevertheless, Bitcoin has maintained a nice reputation for so long it has now become a wise choice for investment, hence the term hodling. Hodling has also become a topic of interest for Bitcoiners due to its ease and nice returns as time goes on. Due to this Bitcoin now seems more like a nice investment than a P2P currency to a large variety of hodlers.

This is not to say that a lot of person do not  engage equally in both P2P transactions and Hodling. But to see what a majority of Bitcoiners view Bitcoin as. I added a poll to this post so I recommend you venture casting a vote on what aspect you use Bitcoin the most.

Don't forget to keep your keys safe
Pages:
Jump to: