Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin at $1000? - page 4. (Read 488 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622
May 27, 2018, 12:48:47 PM
I feel like BTC at $8000 is still overpriced. Due to high fees and slow confirmations, it's not really suitable for payments.
Please stop this kind of statement that bitcoin is slow and high in fees. You're still not moving on from the Decembers situation, everything has changed and set to lower fees now and the speed isn't a problem anymore.

I totaly agree with you about lower fees and confirmation time. This chart shows it great:

https://blockchain.info/charts/transaction-fees-usd
From peak of 22 mil$ and average of 8mil $ in december daily to 200k $ daily now.

But number of transactions per day decrised too :

https://blockchain.info/pl/charts/n-transactions

To enable bitcoin to be use in everyday trades we need not 200 000 transactions like now but close to 150 mil like visa can "in 2016 that VisaNet processes an average of 150 million transaction each day". We are not even close. Thats why in my opinion bitcoin value is like i wrote above. GOLD in CRYPTOWORLD. Not everyday cash to spend in store. Maybe in next years it would change but not fast.

Activity: 630
Merit: 251
May 27, 2018, 12:39:35 PM
I feel like BTC at $8000 is still overpriced. Due to high fees and slow confirmations, it's not really suitable for payments. SegWit seem like just a hack to me. I know we are all Bitcoin optimists here at the forum but is anyone thinking that Bicoin is gonna go down to $1000 level in the next 5 years?

This is the most negative post I have read today. Bitcoin will be so resistant whenever it will fall down below 5k. It is because bitcoin is still the best cryptocurrency out there and many people support bitcoin. To that end, no one can still fully predict the future and we can only watch from our quiet rooms patiently.  Huh
Activity: 140
Merit: 3
May 27, 2018, 12:36:49 PM
I think the value of bitcoin will be higher than year to year, as more and more traders prefer to transact in the crypto world, so to descend to $ 1000 may be a bit impossible, but nothing is impossible Roll Eyes
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
May 27, 2018, 12:33:58 PM
Maybe this year? Even then the chances of that happening seem relatively slim to me. I think we are more likely to hit $100,000 than $1,000 this year but I don't think we will hit either any and give both less than 1% chance.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
May 27, 2018, 12:28:26 PM
I feel like BTC at $8000 is still overpriced. Due to high fees and slow confirmations, it's not really suitable for payments.

What kind of bitcoin are you actually using? Bitcoin transactions has been cheap and fast for months already. I swear the people complaining about the transaction fees and price are the ones who doesn't actually transact with bitcoin smh.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
May 27, 2018, 12:20:30 PM
Please stop this kind of statement that bitcoin is slow and high in fees. You're still not moving on from the Decembers situation, everything has changed and set to lower fees now and the speed isn't a problem anymore.

SegWit seem like just a hack to me.
Prove it on why you think segmit is only a hack to you.

I know we are all Bitcoin optimists here at the forum but is anyone thinking that Bicoin is gonna go down to $1000 level in the next 5 years?
An optimistic mind won't even give that price of bitcoin in the next 5 years. Add more zeros to it.
Activity: 227
Merit: 3
May 27, 2018, 12:15:06 PM
yeahhhhhhhhhhh, i hope it will go there $1000, so every body will panic and sell it.  Grin

I hope so in order to avail mine. That would be great time to buy bitcoin and I expecte stamped will happen due to tremendous demands of the people from different places in the world. Maybe the system will not contains the flow of transactions.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622
May 27, 2018, 12:07:44 PM
I feel like BTC at $8000 is still overpriced. Due to high fees and slow confirmations, it's not really suitable for payments. SegWit seem like just a hack to me. I know we are all Bitcoin optimists here at the forum but is anyone thinking that Bicoin is gonna go down to $1000 level in the next 5 years?

Bitcoin is like gold in cryptocurrency world. It dont need to be used for everyday transactions to be worth a lot of money. Like gold in real world. You dont use it for everyday transactions but you will love to store your fiat money there during crysis. Lots of people have gold contract or even real gold hidden in "earthbank" to be out of fiat with part of their capital. Its safer because you dont know when hyperinflation hits your cash. You dont know when government decite to grab your money located in bank (like in Cypr)

bitcoins value is also inside biggest decentralization. No crypto is as decetralized as bitcoin is. What makes it the safest.

It can hit 1000$ but when it does it will be so easy to pump that sin will be not to pump it. It will be waste of potential earnings for whales.

Bitcoin will be like gold but easier to transfer. It can be store of walue for whales. You can store there 10 bil and hide papewallet (or just remeber key sentance) and its safer than gold in "earthbank".
Activity: 317
Merit: 11
May 27, 2018, 11:58:17 AM
yeahhhhhhhhhhh, i hope it will go there $1000, so every body will panic and sell it.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
May 27, 2018, 11:28:13 AM

I think that the most people here don't use bitcoin for buying something, some product, service etc.
We mostly see bitcoin as investment and just collet bitcoin funds and hold, with hope that bitcoin price wil continue to grow.
Nobody can predict future so in 5 years bitcoin can have value of $ 1000 but also $100 000.
Everything depends on supply sand demand.
Activity: 24
Merit: 6
May 27, 2018, 11:21:52 AM
Pages:
Jump to: