Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin ATM - page 2. (Read 2264 times)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
August 04, 2014, 08:17:36 PM
Alright. I just filed for an LLC, so it looks like I'm pretty committed to this. I will probably try mining with a few terahash first then purchase a Bitcoin ATM for my friends bar within the next 8 months.
Activity: 156
Merit: 10
August 03, 2014, 08:48:23 PM
Selection of ATM news from Coindesk manufacturers, locations, trends etc. I know some people who have started to install Lamassu ATMs, although they do not pay out fiat. They have ahd software issues that have delayed deployment so make sure you don a lot of dilligence before investment.http://www.coindesk.com/technology/bitcoin-atm/
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
August 03, 2014, 01:42:46 PM
A little more expensive option but more features
https://www.bitxatm.com/
August 03, 2014, 03:32:34 AM
Not sure if this is in the right section but I have a few friends who own cafe's and bars. I've asked about putting in a Bitcoin ATM in their businesses and non of them seem to mine.

So, my question is; how would an average joe like myself go about doing this? I can Google but I'd much rather hear opinion/advice from this community.
That depends on a # of factor's.  Depending upon the size of budget your talking about working with here there are several level(s) of ATM's:

From $20+K/unit robocoins capable of dispensing fiat directly to more bare-bones unit(s) geared more towards those on a bit of a budget.  Unless your really well off I would recommend the latter, it's better to get more unit's in brick-and-mortar businesses than it is to get one or two fancy ones Wink.  I've had the pleasure of meeting one of the dev's, they are based out of Portland, OR and their unit's are pretty slick for around 1K each.

http://order.projectskyhook.com/products/sky11a

Interesting!! We're looking for the ones that dispense BTC/fiat currencies. I just want to make enough to pay for the costs that attach itself to the whole business. This will be in San Jose California btw. That 20k machine sounds very attractive. Do you have any more information on it? i.e, can it send bitcoins in addition to dispensing cash?

Nice!  Have you attended the weekly local Bitcoin meetup group at plugNplay cafe over of of wolfe and stewart in sunnyvale?  It happens tuesday nights at six pm.  They can give you some feedback on atms as well.  I can tell you that the skyhook is a one way device (it has a bill acceptor for USD) and will load a mobile or paper wallet using a built in camera. 

I'm actually not in Cali right now and haven't been back for months now. I have not been to any meet but would love to.

I see. So the skyhook just turns fiat into BTC. I'm looking for something that can...say...if I tip  with a paper wallet or make a purchases on craigslist with BTC, the server or seller can turn that wallet into cash conveniently at the BTC ATM. Hmmm that would require a combo ATM wouldn't it......
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
August 03, 2014, 03:15:56 AM
Not sure if this is in the right section but I have a few friends who own cafe's and bars. I've asked about putting in a Bitcoin ATM in their businesses and non of them seem to mine.

So, my question is; how would an average joe like myself go about doing this? I can Google but I'd much rather hear opinion/advice from this community.
That depends on a # of factor's.  Depending upon the size of budget your talking about working with here there are several level(s) of ATM's:

From $20+K/unit robocoins capable of dispensing fiat directly to more bare-bones unit(s) geared more towards those on a bit of a budget.  Unless your really well off I would recommend the latter, it's better to get more unit's in brick-and-mortar businesses than it is to get one or two fancy ones Wink.  I've had the pleasure of meeting one of the dev's, they are based out of Portland, OR and their unit's are pretty slick for around 1K each.

Interesting!! We're looking for the ones that dispense BTC/fiat currencies. I just want to make enough to pay for the costs that attach itself to the whole business. This will be in San Jose California btw. That 20k machine sounds very attractive. Do you have any more information on it? i.e, can it send bitcoins in addition to dispensing cash?

Nice!  Have you attended the weekly local Bitcoin meetup group at plugNplay cafe over of of wolfe and stewart in sunnyvale?  It happens tuesday nights at six pm.  They can give you some feedback on atms as well.  I can tell you that the skyhook is a one way device (it has a bill acceptor for USD) and will load a mobile or paper wallet using a built in camera. 
August 03, 2014, 03:11:28 AM

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
August 03, 2014, 02:20:43 AM

August 03, 2014, 12:59:12 AM

Pages:
Jump to: