Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Auction Results Thread! - page 3. (Read 5016 times)

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
March 07, 2015, 11:26:56 AM
hehe, great work Sherlock !  Wink   
Activity: 348
Merit: 250
March 07, 2015, 11:16:52 AM
The rumor was started by a tweet from a twitter account called cryptokees. It's based on nothing but his claim that an "anonymous source" told him before the winners had even been notified. His corresponding bitcointalk account was tweeting for free giveaways of low value plankton shit coins last summer so he can't be rich.

He mentions a coindesk article in his tweet, but there is nothing about 30% above market price in it. I think he just added the coindesk article link to con people into believing it backs his rumor up, which it does not.

That it was sold 30% (!!!) above market price?  Could someone find any news links or any person from say CoinDesk confirm this?

Rumor only for now:

https://twitter.com/CryptoKees/status/573577241235423232

No confirmation from any news source yet.

Why would anyone trust this?

The Sparood bitcointalk account links to the twitter account that the rumor came from (https://twitter.com/cryptokees)

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7889951

He's not even a senior member.

The link in his tweet unshortens to http://www.coindesk.com/third-usms-bitcoin-auction-bidder-interest/ which makes no mention of 30% above market price.

Everything is based on the word of a full member account who was promoting a shitcoin like plankton.
Activity: 568
Merit: 500
Smoke weed everyday!
March 07, 2015, 10:40:35 AM
it's good that they bought at 30%  higher price, this mean that current value is somehow safe, and the price will rise by 30% before any dump occur, because of that auction

Can you provide us the link to your claim that the bidders bought at 30% higher price ? As far as I concern, it's just a rumour

well yes just a rumor, i read it somewhere in the forum, don't remember know, there was a guy that said it

ok here you go

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10679456

After the previous auctions took place, I've heard the price was actually lower than the market price.

It is bidding after all.. they might have been sold for $100 , otherwise, why would you bid higher then the market price ? (you always have the option to buy off the market..)

The US Marshals are less likely to scam their buyers, by that basis alone it would make sense to pay more.

Don't see how it's relevant, you have plenty of legit exchanges to buy from without paying 30 or even 10% above the market price.

They never payed over the market price imo if anything they paid quite abit under the price or about the same if that was the case that they was willing to pay higher, why would they? I mean they could have just set buy walls and brought what they needed over a week or 2 and paid quite abit less. They paid under market rate and so they should.

They could as well bid a lower price while at the same time also bid on an exchange, 2 bids have better chances to be filled than one bid Smiley

Yep this is what i mean by buy walls ^^ not just a buy wall it would have been needed to be done across the top 4 exchanges over a week or 2 and they would without a doubt be paying less than market. The price would only rise buying 50k at one time but if someone has that sort of money they are far from stupid so they would not have done that or paid over the market. It was probably a bull spread the rumor trying to start a run which i take my hat of to and find funny Smiley
legendary
March 07, 2015, 10:35:49 AM
it's good that they bought at 30%  higher price, this mean that current value is somehow safe, and the price will rise by 30% before any dump occur, because of that auction

Can you provide us the link to your claim that the bidders bought at 30% higher price ? As far as I concern, it's just a rumour

well yes just a rumor, i read it somewhere in the forum, don't remember know, there was a guy that said it

ok here you go

After the previous auctions took place, I've heard the price was actually lower than the market price.

It is bidding after all.. they might have been sold for $100 , otherwise, why would you bid higher then the market price ? (you always have the option to buy off the market..)

The US Marshals are less likely to scam their buyers, by that basis alone it would make sense to pay more.

Don't see how it's relevant, you have plenty of legit exchanges to buy from without paying 30 or even 10% above the market price.

They never payed over the market price imo if anything they paid quite abit under the price or about the same if that was the case that they was willing to pay higher, why would they? I mean they could have just set buy walls and brought what they needed over a week or 2 and paid quite abit less. They paid under market rate and so they should.

They could as well bid a lower price while at the same time also bid on an exchange, 2 bids have better chances to be filled than one bid Smiley
Activity: 568
Smoke weed everyday!
March 07, 2015, 10:32:46 AM

ok here you go

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
March 07, 2015, 10:30:58 AM
Hahaha, you know what else used to be a legit exchange? Plenty of whales went there...
legendary
March 07, 2015, 10:28:24 AM

ok here you go

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
March 07, 2015, 10:23:54 AM

ok here you go

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
March 07, 2015, 09:53:50 AM
it usually sells at a price higher than market price.....
Im suggesting it sells at around 30% higher, they know they can make a shit ton in the long term and intelligent whales don't want to miss this opportunity.

These are financial companies they won't buy those coins if its %30 higher they would made a instant loss already..

Yep, there were major dumps after every previous auction which means that they bought much lower then market price, i saw some info about Draper who gave a sort of a hint confirming that assumption. No wonder if we have sort of bilderberg wannabe "elite" http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-elite-meet-secret-island-bilderberg-style-retreat/

Sounds good but let's think that through. So if you bought 50k bitcoins below exchange price would you a) sell gradually to obtain the most profit or b) dump thousands in huge tranches and smash the price down?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
March 07, 2015, 09:44:44 AM
Im suggesting it sells at around 30% higher, they know they can make a shit ton in the long term and intelligent whales don't want to miss this opportunity.

These are financial companies they won't buy those coins if its %30 higher they would made a instant loss already..

Yep, there were major dumps after every previous auction which means that they bought much lower then market price, i saw some info about Draper who gave a sort of a hint confirming that assumption. No wonder if we have sort of bilderberg wannabe "elite" http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-elite-meet-secret-island-bilderberg-style-retreat/
legendary
March 07, 2015, 09:23:19 AM
it's good that they bought at 30%  higher price, this mean that current value is somehow safe, and the price will rise by 30% before any dump occur, because of that auction

ok here you go

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
March 07, 2015, 09:12:24 AM
it's good that they bought at 30%  higher price, this mean that current value is somehow safe, and the price will rise by 30% before any dump occur, because of that auction

ok here you go

Activity: 294
March 07, 2015, 08:18:25 AM

Activity: 812
March 07, 2015, 07:30:36 AM

I agree, I think this shows there is a fair bit of hope with people outside the world of bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
March 07, 2015, 07:29:29 AM
Activity: 348
March 07, 2015, 07:06:40 AM
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/19512/us-marshals-auction-participant-price-not-significantly-market/

According to Kardashev Capital, whose bid of $221.51 per bitcoin was approximately 17 percent under the market value of the coins as of the close of bidding on Thursday, it did not win any lots.

“While we’re disappointed to learn that we weren’t a winning bidder, I’m glad to hear that the bitcoins sold closer to or even above market price,” said Kardashev Capital partner Greg Gum.

I'm not exactly surprised his bid didn't get filled.

Did he only bid on one lot, or more than one? One little lot of 2k would cost $442000 at his bid price of $221.
Activity: 294
March 06, 2015, 10:45:44 PM

people who were buying those coins are billionaires and can probably wait a little before they start selling those coins but they eventually will, just question which concerns us is when and how fast
Activity: 602
March 06, 2015, 10:13:39 PM

legendary
Activity: 994
March 06, 2015, 10:03:06 PM

If it did, why not the bidders buy Bitcoins in market instead of costing a higher price on a acution?
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007
Hide your women
March 06, 2015, 09:05:17 PM

If I won the auction here's what I would do: Buy one coin on margin for every coin I sold. As long as the market doesn't drop far enough for a margin call, it's free money. Remove leverage near the top of the next bubble, short down to 40% of ATH, cover.  Buy one coin on margin for every coin you sell after that, rinse and repeat. 

This strategy would have made piles of money in every bubble up until now, but past performance is no guarantee etc, etc.
Pages:
Jump to: