Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Bank Robbing Movie - page 2. (Read 2428 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 2066
Cashback 15%
September 28, 2013, 03:23:36 PM
i got the same impression XD i can see it an hour of some sweaty fat ass in a dirty white vest typing on a laptop getting sweatier and every so often reaches down to have a bite of his greasy sub sandwich... some of it falling onto his top and leaving great streaks of mess and then he jumps up the chair falls over and hes stolen bitcoins... the end
now to pad it out to make it last an hour XD

I would imagine a more Hollywood-esque approach.

Bankrobber 1 & 2, both wearing Guy Fawkes mask & suit. Bankrobber 1 keeping the people at the bank in check, Bankrobber 2 sitting at a laptop, copying files onto an USB stick that looks like an AM Block Errupter:

Bankrobber 1: "Hurry up man, we gotta go!"
Bankrobber 2: "I still have to download the Blockchain... 4 days of transactions to go... 3 days... 2 days..."
Bankrobber 1: "Screw the blockchain!!! Just grab all the private keys you can and dismount the miner!"
Bankrobber 2: "1 day... DONE!"
Bankrobber 1: "GO GO GO"

Bankrobber 1 & 2 head for the escape vehicle, cut.

Also, one of the bankrobbers is Brad Pitt, the other some underdog newcomer.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002
September 28, 2013, 12:48:14 PM
So in this movie, bitcoins will be stolen from the bank?

I think he meant that the movie will be funded with Bitcoin?

I like the idea of "everyone can do it". It helps putting yourself into the character's shoes.

OK, i see. i hope it will be a good movie, so i can watch it Smiley

i got the same impression XD i can see it an hour of some sweaty fat ass in a dirty white vest typing on a laptop getting sweatier and every so often reaches down to have a bite of his greasy sub sandwich... some of it falling onto his top and leaving great streaks of mess and then he jumps up the chair falls over and hes stolen bitcoins... the end
now to pad it out to make it last an hour XD
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
September 28, 2013, 10:06:48 AM

I like the idea of "everyone can do it". It helps putting yourself into the character's shoes.

OK, i see. i hope it will be a good movie, so i can watch it Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 2066
Cashback 15%
September 28, 2013, 06:50:56 AM

b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
September 28, 2013, 03:01:54 AM
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Google/YouTube
September 27, 2013, 11:23:38 PM
With this method, robbing a bank is only a little harder than ordering a meal at a fast food restaurant. And even after the movie comes out, there's no way to prevent anyone from doing it. I'm not saying that this movie is meant to make people able to rob banks, I'm just saying a good bank robbing movie should make people walk out of the theater wondering if they could pull it off themselves.

Basically, a good bank robbing movie should give you Stockholm syndrome.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Google/YouTube
September 27, 2013, 10:20:19 PM
This will have to come after my book, but it does have to come Smiley But since it will come from the book, it will be Bitcoin funded Smiley
Let me know if you are interested.

I want to make a bank robbing movie, and John DiMaggio (Bender from Futurama) has to be the brains.

So I got the idea when I was in jail a few years ago... Someone just put the idea in my lap. I was in county jail for 11 days and this guy was in there for robbing banks. He explained how it works, and explained how he had robbed like 10 (It was in 2010 I don't remember the exact number). And it was like the most CASUAL thing in the world, like ANYONE could do it. Movies make bank robberies seem WAY harder than they are.

So, I don't want to tell everyone how to rob a bank here in this thread, but I will discuss the plot of the movie.

Main character and friend get busted for some small time, big crime. Like a pound of weed, or a bottle of pills or something, not just a DUI. Main character takes credit while buddy is his eyes on the outside, keeping him up to date on everything. So main character gets a lawyer and starts the case. While he's in jail, he meets John DiMaggio (an old school bank robber) who tells him how everything works, and basically schools him in exactly what to do (It's really SO SO simple, the explanation is like 30 seconds literally). One thing I will explain, is no masks, use makeup to change your features so that they don't even know who to look for. If you look up "How To Make Your Makeup Look Like Drake" there's a chinese girl that can literally make herself look like drake, and you would have no idea that a Chinese girl just took shit down.

So main character has his friend on the outside make a business to use as a cover, which is really the hardest part. Because if you don't have a way to get rid of the bank bills, then your walking around with evidence and have to flip it for crack or something. So the business gets going, and main character gets out to a small start up that he half owns. They get everything together, and they go to rob their first bank, but someone else LITERALLY robs it first while they are inside, and the other robbers get arrested because they do EVERYTHING John DiMaggio said not to do. So they watch a few guys get arrested, and have to give their eye witness accounts with guns in their waistbands.

Then they go back out, and they do it right. They are able to hit 3 banks in the same evening, and they put it into the business, expecting to never do it again, but... They realize they can't stop, at first they just realize they are both thinking about it, then they start bringing up ideas on how to perfect the "method". So now they start taking out dye packs (which takes an entire step out of the robbery) because they can spot them now, and other small things that decrease their chances of getting caught. As well as hitting the armored vehicles for more money.

Everything seems perfect, and like they will never get caught... Then John DiMaggio starts getting questioned, as his old roberries were the same as the current ones, and the police are thinking its a copy cat. But he offers to help them catch the guys in exchange for his freedom...

So that conflict can be the plot of the rest of the movie, or the second movie depending on how long the first part takes. John DiMaggio could also be the lawyer, and suggest bank robberies is order to pay him. Then go to the police to make more. Instead of being a prisoner, but it works either way.

But this movie would basically be the point break of out generation, showing you "not to go for the vault" and stuff. But even more detailed than that.
Pages:
Jump to: