Pages:
Author

Topic: bitcoin BANNED in bolivia - page 8. (Read 760 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
May 10, 2018, 12:12:18 PM
You have to think what Bitcoin being banned means: It means that a government is impotent against it, it cannot control it, and therefore has to go to the end and simply straight ban it completely.

THIS proves that Bitcoin has value, because it is an independent force that escapes the control of anything that isn't it's own hard coded rules and THIS is why it has value.

Now when it comes to this particular case, related to price, it has no impact on it, Bolivia is just too poor to matter market wise, just like Bitcoin being banned in Venezuela doesn't matter, these things cause no odd fluctuations in the price. It's just to be expected that these countries will ban them. A way to measure how fucked a country is is to watch how close are they to ban Bitcoin.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
May 10, 2018, 12:10:44 PM
BOLIVIA

the central bank of bolivia,el banco central de bolivia said in a statement:

"it is illegal to use any currency that is not issued and controlled by a goverment or an authorized entity."

This is old news and also i think bolivia is not one of the biggest market in cryptocurrency world.
So it will not affect bitcoin price.
If china, korean, japan, russian has a bad news banning bitcoin, you know the market will crash like what happened before.
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
May 10, 2018, 11:40:55 AM
BOLIVIA

"it is illegal to use any currency that is not issued and controlled by a goverment or an authorized entity."

Is there any documents, news that can support this bold claims? I haven't read any news yet about this.
Activity: 100
May 10, 2018, 11:27:49 AM
The statement of a country like that is usually a country that is afraid of the presence of bitcoin in its country, and I think someday bolivia will realize and will legalize bitcoin.
Activity: 112
May 10, 2018, 11:18:47 AM
such a bad news to open my day?
Activity: 196
Merit: 20
May 10, 2018, 11:18:02 AM
BOLIVIA

Thats no new topic...
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
May 10, 2018, 11:13:03 AM
We can do nothing but respect the decision of their government. However why they ban it without any details, how about the user of cryptocurrency. They lonely because of it. I think they didn't see the good value of Bitcoin to the people. How sad  Sad
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
May 10, 2018, 11:05:25 AM
I dont think that this was a wise decision from their side. In my opinion, there is nothing illegal in using such currency. However, it is obvious that government can't approve such use due to their own reasons
copper member
Activity: 588
Merit: 17
May 10, 2018, 10:45:40 AM
According to the Legality of bitcoin by country or territory, by Wikipedia, Crypto is really illegal in Bolivia.
But I'm sure the list of countries where crypto is banned will significantly decrease next few years.
Activity: 98
May 10, 2018, 10:37:12 AM
The central bank of Bolivia said in a statement
"It is illegal to use any currency that is not issued and controlled by the government or authorized entities."
Which automatically prohibits the use of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in Bolivia, as they are not official or belong to any particular government of any country.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 261
May 10, 2018, 10:10:23 AM
I fully respect the decision of the government of Bolivia, and I also think that the government was thinking about the tax and everything that works here in the cryptocurrency, which means that bitcoin and other cryptos are freely roaming around without processing with the government, in simple words the government is not benefiting with the cryptocurrency but only the citizens of Bolivia are benefiting which may be the cause of banning bitcoin there, correct me if I'm wrong though.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
May 10, 2018, 07:23:10 AM

Yes it is a very old news and if I remember it correct it was done last 2014. I dont know why the author posted this topic possibly he have its own reasons why. Anyway to refresh us with this topic last May 2014, the declaration was made by the government including the central bank of bolivia to ban bitcoin and cryptocurrency since it is not controlled by the government. The problem is the other countries on South America such a Brazil and Argentina were permissive to cryptocurrency. If we look at it it was only Bolivia among all the countries who banned bitcoin and the rest were permissive.

I guess we should already lock this topic since it is very old.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
Activity: 115
Merit: 2
May 10, 2018, 07:08:06 AM
BOLIVIA

Pages:
Jump to: