Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin [BTC] now accepted for bail at Federal Court - page 3. (Read 1262 times)

Activity: 272
Merit: 10
If this is something to hold on to, then some folks might start demanding their salary in bitcoin. We are gradually moving closer to a better society. We expect more support.
Activity: 71
Merit: 0
 It has already been clarified by the judge as the defendant is unable to pay in cash, fine can be paid in any asset, and considering defendant was a hacker, he may have requested for crypto payment. I don't believe any impact will happen by this news, this is just one limited judgment.
Activity: 101
Wen criminals hold masses of coins in crypto, and their income is held in crypto, then the judge is right to demand bitcoin. The defendant can't complain about not having enough money for bail, all currencies are accepted there
Activity: 198
https://ambcrypto.com/bitcoin-btc-now-accepted-for-bail-at-federal-court/

Bitcoin is really going mainstream now. Even a federal court is already asking payments for bitcoin or any other crypto as bail. Is this news really legitimate or just another fake one just to at least ease our minds of what's happening recently to the crypto market. Hope this adoption of crypto even in federal courts will show great performance when it comes to the crypto market. So for all of those guys who have qualms about the situation of the market right now specially the dips of bitcoin, we just have to chill and relax then wait for the bull run soon.

What are your thoughts on this? Will this create great impact to bitcoin's value? Share your thoughts.
I'm interesting how the people could say that bitcoin is dying and cryptocurrency is going to the end if we are having all those news everyday which shows only a growth in Bitcoin integration to the world.
Activity: 501
Merit: 147

Bitcoin is really going mainstream now. Even a federal court is already asking payments for bitcoin or any other crypto as bail. Is this news really legitimate or just another fake one just to at least ease our minds of what's happening recently to the crypto market. Hope this adoption of crypto even in federal courts will show great performance when it comes to the crypto market. So for all of those guys who have qualms about the situation of the market right now specially the dips of bitcoin, we just have to chill and relax then wait for the bull run soon.

What are your thoughts on this? Will this create great impact to bitcoin's value? Share your thoughts.

Bitcoin actually is really usefull specially this type of transaction for paying bail in the said court. No matter what either legit or not but the best thing we do is to support bitcoin to become primary use someday if ever.
Activity: 145
This is really a good sign for cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin's slowly being recognized and embraced by more companies and establishments as time goes by. Sooner or later, other sectors will follow this big step for the future. Many companies will recognize bitcoin's dominance.
Activity: 30
Bitcoin is used as a guarantee though I do not know if it is true or not, but it seems it is not a general rule to use bitcoin to guarantee. this is one of the new legal approvals. I hope other governments around the world will do the same in the future.
Activity: 784
Merit: 314
If this really happens then slowly bitcoin can be recognized in the world government, this is one of the new legalities to be accepted. I hope other world governments will do the same thing in the future.
Activity: 200
Yes Bitcoin and crypto at large is going mainstream.  It's amazing people actually think crypto is going to zero and this market sell off if the grand finally and final coffin.  There are going to be a lot of almost millionaires. 
Activity: 420
Merit: 24
If government official like judge  can publicly accept bitcoin as means of payment for bail or services it is a plus to the cryptocommunity. This may be a  personal decision not a generally accepted standard means of payment of bail.
Hope that every other judges even the government will accept bitcoin or any crypto as mode of payment for bails and taxes. If this time will come that the adoption will be fully spread out all over the world then we might see a huge impact on crypto values in the market.

Just hoping that those countries that were banning bitcoin or crypto as a whole will not only see the disadvantages that this technology brings but might as well dig deeper of what it can offer to each and everyone of us specially in business sectors.
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
this is very good news and being one of the reasons to make crypto currency a global currency throughout the world, the more people who can accept bitcoin will make this community even bigger and strengthen the existence of bitcoin in the world economy
Activity: 630
Merit: 102
If government official like judge  can publicly accept bitcoin as means of payment for bail or services it is a plus to the cryptocommunity. This may be a  personal decision not a generally accepted standard means of payment of bail.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

This is legit, it has actually taken place see this link https://gizmodo.com/judge-orders-alleged-ea-games-hacker-to-pay-750-000-ba-1828413591

I'm not sure this will take bitcoins mainstream as it's a local judgement, and hasn't been captured by leading media channels, if it had received greater coverage could have created some impact. It has already been clarified by the judge as the defendant is unable to pay in cash, fine can be paid in any asset, and considering defendant was a hacker, he may have requested for crypto payment. I don't believe any impact will happen by this news, this is just one limited judgment.
Activity: 672
Merit: 12
Though the source may not be too much reliable; but still if the news is correct then it is a welcome step.  It is further expansion of bitcoin acceptance.  Even if the Judge is bitcoin enthusiastic ; it is still welcome because if one judge is bitcoin lover; his other friend judges may also have impression of his affection towards bitcoin.
It will increase bitcoin crypto acceptance
As per source; the judge asked to provide bitcoin or other crypto for bail amount.

https://www.thanhbathien.com/2018/08/17/california-federal-court-allows-bail-to-be-paid-in-bitcoin/

http://globalengineeringnews.com/2018/08/19/california-judge-orders-accused-hacker-to-pay-bail-in-crypto/
Activity: 12
If this is realy true then it represents a big step forward.
Still that doesn't mean bitcoin will become mainstream, just it will be more accepted and take more equal position with fiat currencies.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 546

Any news that says bitcoin is now accepted is very welcoming. But I'm not sure how will this affect crypto as a well. And it also give some credibility to bitcoin because it is a Federal Court who recognise it. Might set a precedence as well and the next time we know, it slowly creeping as well to other courts as well. Let's hope it will be the case.

It is definitely good seeing the Federal Court accepting BTC with open arms instead of vetoing and avoiding it like the plague. I just hope one day the Government will be willing to accept tax payments with BTC. Doubtful in the short term, but the day this happens it will be huge. It's amazing to see how far Bitcoin has come these last four years since I joined.

I agree. Perhaps the judge is a bag holder after all.  Grin

Bitcoin is still in its infancy and so many things can happen in the future. Yes, its good to see how far it get in the last decade but I assumed that we can still have a lot of leg room and we might see bitcoin adopted in every aspect of our lives.
Activity: 952
Merit: 41
Well whether the news of bitcoin and other cryptocurrency being accepted as the payments for bail in high court is real or fake we should know that bitcoin in time to come will become the secondary currency of many nations and citizens in the global world.
Activity: 574
Merit: 296
Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

Any news that says bitcoin is now accepted is very welcoming. But I'm not sure how will this affect crypto as a well. And it also give some credibility to bitcoin because it is a Federal Court who recognise it. Might set a precedence as well and the next time we know, it slowly creeping as well to other courts as well. Let's hope it will be the case.

It is definitely good seeing the Federal Court accepting BTC with open arms instead of vetoing and avoiding it like the plague. I just hope one day the Government will be willing to accept tax payments with BTC. Doubtful in the short term, but the day this happens it will be huge. It's amazing to see how far Bitcoin has come these last four years since I joined.
Activity: 420
Merit: 24
Thanks guys for verifying the news. We don't want to spread fake news in this forum whether it is pro or anti crypto.

The best thing about this incident is that cyber policies indeed being implemented by the government with a decent amount of penalties from cyber criminals. We should not only watch out for the bitcoin price to go up but might as well be vigilant in reporting to the authorities if we spot cyber crimes like this so people with bad intentions scamming or stealing other people's assets and money will be placed behind bars.

Activity: 82
Which demonstrates how the legislature is certain on tolerating crypto and have by one means or another acknowledged that bitcoin will be a piece without bounds. After perusing the article, it appears that the judge requested a specific safeguard to be paid in bitcoin or any digital currency, which gives it a go-motion for acknowledgment on the Federal Court and perhaps some other taxpayer driven organizations that requires installment. I trust that you can utilize bitcoin in some other things, not simply paying a safeguard which does not appear to happen regularly, but rather realizing that they have permitted it, there's an enormous possibility that other government branches and administrations would stick to this same pattern.
Pages:
Jump to: