Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin can be use by future Mars Inhabitants? - page 5. (Read 5180 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Given how much of a drought there is there, I think I will be selling cups of water for 1BTC each...

yeah i have some stocked up.. i should get even more. water is life, water is important.

california is such a shitty place to live though.. sales tax is something like %8.2ish percent, electricity bills are going up and up, and now we don't even have enough water to drink.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
Given how much of a drought there is there, I think I will be selling cups of water for 1BTC each...
Activity: 350
Some day in the future we will have human settlements in Mars can they use bitcoin?

No reason why not.  At the maximum distance between the two planets (378 million km) there would be a 21 minutes delay to get your transaction in a block (42 minutes minimum if your waiting for a confirmation).

I would not recommend mining though, the chances of your block being orphaned are quite high.

Neil

Implying Mars wouldn't have their own blockchain, ah egocentric humanoids.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Some day in the future we will have human settlements in Mars can they use bitcoin?

No reason why not.  At the maximum distance between the two planets (378 million km) there would be a 21 minutes delay to get your transaction in a block (42 minutes minimum if your waiting for a confirmation).

I would not recommend mining though, the chances of your block being orphaned are quite high.

Neil
Activity: 434
Pretty sure we will need to learn how to breathe there before we can be concerned about cryptos there...

word, we should nuke mars or something.. there's all that water under the surface, and that vapor can start terraforming mars. we'll all probably be dead by then there is a decent settlement on mars though.

right now, i rather we discover more about europa.. i really wanna see if live has developed on that moon.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
Pretty sure we will need to learn how to breathe there before we can be concerned about cryptos there...
Activity: 381

People are probably not going to take wheel barrows of Cash, and Coins to Mars when its colonized. I don't see why it can't be possible, with enough satellites or improved technology one day it might be cheap to have lowish latency interplanetary communication.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
depends if they have internet and means to use it.. may b food and water will worth more than bitcoin who knows
Activity: 840
Merit: 524
Yes!
Pages:
Jump to: