Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Cash to the moon? [UPDATED: Lost money I feel stupid] - page 3. (Read 3278 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
For traders, its the best time to invest in bitcoin cash. Definitely it will cross 1000 dollars within 3 months. So those who are investing right now in btcc will get more profit. I also read somewhere that bitcoin cash is more profitable to mine than bitcoin and because of that more miners are shifting from bitcoin to bitcoin cash . But I don't think it can be a good competitor for bitcoin.

Ok I think I'm fucked, it dropped and I've put my stop limit way too low

IM A FOOL
Activity: 476
Merit: 254
This thread was started in bitcoin discussion forum and now it is moved here Shocked

Congrats mods, you are really genius. But seriously, I'm tired of smarties, looking for human beings the weak, fragile, retard, reliable ones ...

First of all, bitcoin cash is a competitor, a proof of concept for one simple improvement which should have been decided and implemented long, long time ago, bitcoiners have a right to follow its story and developments side-by-side with bitcoin at least for a couple of months.

Plus, most of the people have same balances of bcc and btc right now, why do we have to discuss these two in a divergent fashion.  Huh

You know what? I'm sick of it, damn, I'll sell out my btc in exchange for bcc right now, damn it, I'm sick of it Angry

The issue of your concern does not move anything the forum is about bitcoin and not any other coin in which BCH is also about. If what you saying is to go by, then you saying discussions about ETH or Dash should also be there. Let the creator or promoters should equally create their own forum where they get to decide what goes on and what not. So selling your BTC for BCC is just a drop of water in the ocean.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174
Always remember the cause!
This thread was started in bitcoin discussion forum and now it is moved here Shocked

Congrats mods, you are really genius. But seriously, I'm tired of smarties, looking for human beings the weak, fragile, retard, reliable ones ...

First of all, bitcoin cash is a competitor, a proof of concept for one simple improvement which should have been decided and implemented long, long time ago, bitcoiners have a right to follow its story and developments side-by-side with bitcoin at least for a couple of months.

Plus, most of the people have same balances of bcc and btc right now, why do we have to discuss these two in a divergent fashion.  Huh

You know what? I'm sick of it, damn, I'll sell out my btc in exchange for bcc right now, damn it, I'm sick of it Angry
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
.Bitcoin is known by all over the world and can make any changes at any time to make sure it is competitive

Yep, just like an alcoholic can quit drinking anytime he wants to.   He just hasn't wanted to for about 4 years now.  Grin
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
Yeah i definitely agree with the fastness of the transaction. BTC has this advantage on BCC

Really? Then why the bigger block size. This does make no sense to me Undecided

It has a bigger block size but most blocks are not utilizing that space right now. Currently blocks get mined faster in BTC so transactions will be confirmed faster.

Be careful about BCH, the recent growth does not look organic and seems like a pump to me. I am still holding onto my BCH and don't plan on trading it at all .
Yeah I don't think BCH is going straight to moon just yet. Bigger block size is good but maybe 8MB is just overkill and just as you said BTC blocks are getting mined faster which gives BTC a major advantage Imo. I think it's best to hold onto BCH, if it's the forked BCH we talking about and not that someone bought some extra BCH.
Although according to many opinion talking about Bitcoin Cash can't go to the moon, I still keep my opinion in next time it will make us surprise again like when the price of Bitcoin Cash reached high than 0.4 BTC/BCC. Chinese trader always choose the way don't have many people predict Cool
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
Out of thin air, Altcoin explodes because....?   Hindenburg Cigar....
New crypto scam market is creating hardfork clonecoins... Free money...with backup up of some "inflatation" investors.
create the illusion of value....and everybody goes FOMO.

Too  bad so much drama gets attention and not all jumped ship to the non hardforked alternative (litecoin)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Its just fast because it is new and there is not much traffic there. There are just a few who are using it and that is why.
Question is who is pumping it?
I am sure they have reasons to why they are doing this. ROI maybe?

Be really careful guys.

Here is what I think is happening: they had to wait for the difficulty on bitcoincash to drop before they started the pump. There is another difficulty drop due this weekend.

Now, a high price + low difficulty means that it is more profitable to mine bitcoincash than bitcoin at the moment. Remember that they are both sha-256 coins, and the ASIC miners who mine sha-256 coins have very few choices (only peercoin is also sha-256, the other alts are either scrypts which get mined with graphics cards, or they are POS coins).

Next, when a miner gets their reward of 12.5 coins, they can't spend those newly minted coins till they have 100 confirmations. If we assume a block every 10 minutes, then 100 confirmations is 1000 minutes which about 16 and a half hours. So this pump will continue for at least a week to entice miners - the more they see the price is holding up, the less risk they have of mining as they will reach their 100 confirmations in good time to sell at a good price.

The end game is bitcoincash taking over most of the mining power of bitcoin and replacing it as the main coin. (they obviously need infrastructure too - but they are on most exchanges, Overstock is accepting it, and payment processors like Rocketr are accepting it. That leaves just Coinbase and Bitpay holding out.)

This war has been brewing for a long long time, and the bitcoincash people mean to win.
Activity: 74
Merit: 0
Bitcoin Crash will not go to the moon.It will go to down the garbage shoot like all the other shit coins using bitcoins name.Bitcoin is known by all over the world and can make any changes at any time to make sure it is competitive so feel free to sell your real bitcoin and be tricked into buying worthless crap backed by scammers.BTW nobody cares what crazy mcafee or ching chong miner does.They are traitors with their china coin.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 529
Yeah i definitely agree with the fastness of the transaction. BTC has this advantage on BCC

Really? Then why the bigger block size. This does make no sense to me Undecided

It has a bigger block size but most blocks are not utilizing that space right now. Currently blocks get mined faster in BTC so transactions will be confirmed faster.

Be careful about BCH, the recent growth does not look organic and seems like a pump to me. I am still holding onto my BCH and don't plan on trading it at all .
Yeah I don't think BCH is going straight to moon just yet. Bigger block size is good but maybe 8MB is just overkill and just as you said BTC blocks are getting mined faster which gives BTC a major advantage Imo. I think it's best to hold onto BCH, if it's the forked BCH we talking about and not that someone bought some extra BCH.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 257
LuckyB.it is Back!
Not before merchants replace Bitcoin with Bitcoin Cash. It would make sense though, Bitcoin Cash is meant to be usefull for payments while his little brother Bitcoin to speculative investment.

However BCH would not be considerable altcoin with the bitcoin. Whenever bitcoin price moves even altcoins value also getting increase in the market place value. I did not expect any altcoin to reach the sky rocket value with bitcoin. That will not be good to me too.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 259
Its just fast because it is new and there is not much traffic there. There are just a few who are using it and that is why.
Question is who is pumping it?
I am sure they have reasons to why they are doing this. ROI maybe?

Be really careful guys.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
For traders, its the best time to invest in bitcoin cash. Definitely it will cross 1000 dollars within 3 months. So those who are investing right now in btcc will get more profit. I also read somewhere that bitcoin cash is more profitable to mine than bitcoin and because of that more miners are shifting from bitcoin to bitcoin cash . But I don't think it can be a good competitor for bitcoin.
legendary
  nobody really understand why it is being pumped so much

It is because it offers better fundamental value as a payment system, and because its more profitable to mine at the moment.

Sure, BTC has a larger ecosystem which is why its 4 times as much price, but if BTC does not QUICKLY get its act together, its
going to get replaced.
Ctn
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
It is very debatable question about BCC, nobody really understand why it is being pumped so much. Some of us are speculating that it is because of the Korean group that is bringing up this change. As they are getting too much volume pumped into BCC, which looks intentional pump for getting quick profits but no matter what it won't last long. The BCC price can not be modified to that of BTC which has been on the market since a decade now. It has gained popularity and sincerity of the investors but BCC will never come to that level so early.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
I am not very much impressed with the idea of Bitcoin cash. However, I am not against it and I am completely aware of the fact that BCC might perform well in the capacity of alt-coin. While speaking about the current situation, I think this is pure speculator's move and I don't think it will reach Bitcoin's level in terms of active users or even in the price. Even there are not many exchanges and BCC has some issues with the confirmation time (I have not used it but one friend of mine had some issue with the BCC transaction period). Considering the whole scenario and potential, I think Bitcoin is far better in such situation (it may sound biased opinion but it is a fact).

I completely agree with your opinion. The BCC coin can never become a real competitor to bitcoin. But we will sometimes see the price increase of this coin. Not because it became more popular, but only because of speculation
Activity: 276
Merit: 254
Not before merchants replace Bitcoin with Bitcoin Cash. It would make sense though, Bitcoin Cash is meant to be usefull for payments while his little brother Bitcoin to speculative investment.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
I am not very much impressed with the idea of Bitcoin cash. However, I am not against it and I am completely aware of the fact that BCC might perform well in the capacity of alt-coin. While speaking about the current situation, I think this is pure speculator's move and I don't think it will reach Bitcoin's level in terms of active users or even in the price. Even there are not many exchanges and BCC has some issues with the confirmation time (I have not used it but one friend of mine had some issue with the BCC transaction period). Considering the whole scenario and potential, I think Bitcoin is far better in such situation (it may sound biased opinion but it is a fact).
legendary

SW is a brilliant piece of code that solves a lot of vulnerabilities and helps scalability in some degrees

SegWit is not brilliant.  It's over-engineered garbage that tries to shoehorn in a (meager) capacity increase without a hard fork,
leading to all kinds of oddities like anyone-can-spend transactions , discardable signatures, modified economic incentives, etc.

It actually introduces new vulnerabilities while not really helping scalability much and possibly even making future on-chain scaling harder.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174
Always remember the cause!
I kinda ignored it for a while but BCH keeps rising,

So I just hopped onto the Bitcoin Cash train to see where it goes.
It's already above 0.2 BTC

Just hoping to make some quick money, and looking at the volume that keep pumping in I think this is the right decision

https://poloniex.com/exchange/#btc_bch
Reminder that BCH is essentially in the place that BTC used to be, and is highly susceptible to having whales manipulating the value. It isn't exactly easy to see whether or not there is a real market movement going on or if it is mostly whales manipulating the market followed by everyone trying to make money due to the FOMO. It's not bad to make money off of BCH, just don't buy into the meme and think that it is going to be a replacement Bitcoin, which it likely will not be at any point.

Bitcoin cash is not a stranger, it is btc's brother that has chosen a different approach, actually a different goal: to become a real cash! It is what the name implies too.

SW enthusiasts' focus is security and decentralization with scalability in second or third place. This leads us to a secure and valuable asset, a hedge and not necessarily a cash.

As of decentralization issue, I think both bitcoin and its cash version suffer from their ASIC vulnerability (believe me it is a vulnerability) and it is just about incentives that prevents corporates  from attempting a takeover, say buy shaping a trust or a consortium, it has nothing to do with poor, small miners who are unable to afford for a bandwidth or system upgrade(I afraid such miners do not exist at all), it has nothing to do with small block size.

SW is a brilliant piece of code that solves a lot of vulnerabilities and helps scalability in some degrees and it is  just an unfortunate that it has been understood and implemented as an alternative and not a complement to block size increase.

So, I think bcc fills the gap and won't go anywhere other than top 5 cryptos and the recent price surge is a fundamental move and not a game.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 501
Bitcoin cash takes too much time for confirmation. IS not that bad for it to use for transaction of money as nobody can wait for 3 4 hours to transmit money. what will be purpose of it if it don't transmit quickly ??

Well that's kinda true, the confirmation is really a pain in the ass, but as soon as they fix it there would be a lot of demand and it will boost its value more than before, but as long as Bitcoin core is being at the top I don't see any reason for buying Bitcoin cash there is no other purpose than potential investment.
Pages:
Jump to: