Pages:
Author

Topic: "Bitcoin classic", brought up by literal crooks - page 3. (Read 2650 times)

legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
im a 2mb supporter. not a toomin/r3/gavincoin/hearncoin supporter. and i have wanted a bigger block since even before classic or toomin or XT were even a thing. people like lauda think anyone that doesnt want segwit who wants a simple 2mb implementation instead must be a toomin/r3/gavincoin supporter

quite the opposite. i want a 2mb implementation but without any other dodgy code or hidden agenda. that goes both for bankers/fraudsters and the narrow minded blockstream roadmap, who both could enforce dodgy code.

so lets throw classic to the curb just like xt and concentrate on getting a clean implementation with 2mb blocks like the majority of the community want.

i think people like lauda want the bandcamp debate between bankers, fraudsters (they both the same Cheesy), vs blockstream. because its obvious blockstream would win based on social standing... but that just detracts the attention away from the community wanting 2mb and turns it into a troll debate about blockstream or STFU.

so lets kill off xt lets kill of classic. and lets find a cleaner moral and open way to get a 2mb implementation that has no social drama that the blockstream trolls can use as excuses to try propping up their control.

there needs to be 2 clean implementations
2mb - for users
1mb segwit - for users

then let the community decide which is the better way forward.. then when consensus is reached then the miners can start adopting the community favourite
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Well this is quite interesting and entertaining at the same time. Although you will have 'Classic supporters' coming over to this thread trying to rescue the Toomin brothers and the project even though it has been losing credibility time after time. It would be quite unfortunate if they'd be people behind the main implementation (although ignorant people are going to argue that it doesn't matter).
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
In this chat the lead developer of Bitcoin Classic (Jonathan Toomim) mentions Marshall Long solicited him to develop the client

Here he says he and his developer buddy have Ahmed Bodiwala commit access.

For those that don't know Marshall, he is the pinnacle of crypto-genius who specializes in everything technology. But you don't need to take his word for it, his work speaks for itself.

He is the Co-founder and CTO of Cryptsy and worked to ensure Cryptsy is the most secure and legit exchange on the planet.

He worked directly with the CEO of Mining Asic Technologies to distribute ~~hardware~~ preorders. Unfortunately Mining Asic Technologies went bankrupt before delivering those preorders but that's beside the point.

Then there's Ziftr which he provided marketing for. You might not think that's a big deal but if you take a look at Ziftr you will notice that it's practically a useless cryptocurrency with the sole purpose of using "creative" marketing to convince people to buy into their IPO.

He also provided guidance/developers to his self proclaimed buddy Josh Garza with the development of Paycoin aka the most technologically advanced cryptocurrency ever created in two weeks. Sure, you might say paycoin was just peercoin with a few lines of code changed which introduced several catastrophic, client breaking bugs, but I'd say he did a great job.

In addition, he provided Garza with his escape to Dubai exit strategy. You can read the plan drafted by Marshalls buddy Leo here. The fact that Garza fled to Dubai and has yet to be caught is just another testament to his skills in global economics.

Overall I'm pretty impressed. Will probably be investing the last of my savings into Bits-coin knowing that this guy will play a major role in development of the client supported by 90% of the bits-coin economy.
Source: https://redd.it/42z5yy
Pages:
Jump to: