Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Core version 0.12.1 released - page 3. (Read 23891 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
April 27, 2016, 02:18:20 PM
Keep us posted.
In another thread please

i think that if the old version is working then there is no need to upgrade. because it has just to fix some bugs and a little bit error. and i do not think that there is need to upgrade to the latest version.
If 4 soft forks aren't an upgrade, then I don't know what is. While this isn't a major upgrade, I would still recommend upgrading. However, I didn't have time to upgrade my own node yet either.

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
April 27, 2016, 01:15:23 PM
i think that if the old version is working then there is no need to upgrade. because it has just to fix some bugs and a little bit error. and i do not think that there is need to upgrade to the latest version.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
April 23, 2016, 01:31:10 AM
Trying it out right now. So far don't see any obvious bugs.

Keep us posted.

Full nodes serve an importence roll of being the economic majority of full economic nodes. Validation of all transactions is an important check on the handful of chinese/georgian dudes that secure this censhorship resistence network.
Activity: 43
April 22, 2016, 11:08:33 PM
Trying it out right now. So far don't see any obvious bugs.
legendary
Terminated.
April 22, 2016, 05:57:35 AM
dear sir please tell me how to use this bitcoin core.I have no idea becuase its first time for me to use this.please tell me tips about how to use this and earn money. Smiley
You just install the software and run it. You can't use Core to earn any kind of money. That is not the way that it works.
Activity: 25
April 22, 2016, 05:47:14 AM
dear sir please tell me how to use this bitcoin core.I have no idea becuase its first time for me to use this.please tell me tips about how to use this and earn money. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071
April 19, 2016, 04:04:37 AM
Anyone using XP and know if 0.12.1 fixes the crashing issue present in 0.12.0?
As far as I know XP is no longer supported. However, I'm not 100% sure of this. Someone else would have to confirm.

I think a "drop XP support" issue was opened at github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin, not sure what the outcome was right now.
legendary
Terminated.
April 19, 2016, 02:29:26 AM
As far as I know XP is no longer supported. However, I'm not 100% sure of this. Someone else would have to confirm.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
April 19, 2016, 12:15:53 AM
Well I tried 0.12.1 and the XP crash is still there, so I guess this means that XP will not be supported by bitcoin core past 0.11.2.
Activity: 286
Merit: 250
April 18, 2016, 09:05:54 PM
congrats for releasing a new version..
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
April 18, 2016, 03:46:59 PM
legendary
Terminated.
April 18, 2016, 07:00:18 AM
In this case youtube or netflix isnt for the 'average user' either.
I disagree. You don't have to wait for any types of synchronization time nor wait while loading the videos (unless you have a really bad connection).

Anyway, I was hoping for a statement of thejaytiesto since they seemed to have something in mind that should be done.
I don't see much that can be done though. Even if Core added a SPV mode it seems rather redundant as there are a few SPV wallets as well.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
April 18, 2016, 06:25:22 AM
The current number of nodes is perfectly fine, but why do you think that "regular users" cant run bitcoin core?
Well, I would say that the 'average user' can't bother with downloading so much data in addition to the constant need to sync and waiting when opening the wallet. I know a lot of people but only a few use Core like myself.

In this case youtube or netflix isnt for the 'average user' either. Anyway, I was hoping for a statement of thejaytiesto since they seemed to have something in mind that should be done.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
April 17, 2016, 06:44:12 PM
I just want to point out (I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread) that for upgrading you don't need to synchronize the whole blockchain again. It uses the blockchain files you already had before updating. 
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071
April 17, 2016, 06:08:14 PM
Well, all I can say is that the above posts in respect of regular users running a full node as a wallet: thank god the blocksize isn't increasing.

Just another 18-24 months could make a huge difference in perception of how much of a burden it is downloading the ~75GB blockchain. "Fibre to the premises" domestic connections and 4G/LTE cellular networks are still in a state of low rollout across the areas where Bitcoin use is popular. And once regular people in those places consider FTTP/LTE as normal, they'll be saying "100GB? That'll take a few hours, but I guess it might be worth it".
legendary
Terminated.
April 17, 2016, 05:43:48 PM
The current number of nodes is perfectly fine, but why do you think that "regular users" cant run bitcoin core?
Well, I would say that the 'average user' can't bother with downloading so much data in addition to the constant need to sync and waiting when opening the wallet. I know a lot of people but only a few use Core like myself.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
April 17, 2016, 04:14:42 PM
-snip-
Regular users can't use this program as a wallet, even though it's the most secure, it's not suitable for daily use.
The wallet was not designed for the average user. This is why there are lightweight clients.

But ideally, we should encourage the average user to run nodes too. If you make a software having in mind only a small niche of people, it will never have tons of users.

I think we could achieve something that is attractive for the average user, that at the same time runs a node. Then you can unlock a "power user" mode with tons of extra options. But we must somehow get more and more people running nodes, this is the #1 priority to keep Bitcoin healthy.

staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
April 17, 2016, 02:47:17 PM
I red that segwit was already running fine on testnet for months and was going to be coming in april so I taught this release wood halve it.
It has been running fine in its own test network (segnet) for several months, but it has not actually been deployed on testnet yet.

Does Bitcoin Team do more than one client release in april?
Probably not.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
April 17, 2016, 02:45:11 PM
It's still too slow to open and slower to verify blocks. They haven't solved this issue yet, it's been a long time.
This depends on your configuration. I don't see this as an issue, especially not one that could be 'solved' easily.

Regular users can't use this program as a wallet, even though it's the most secure, it's not suitable for daily use.
The wallet was not designed for the average user. This is why there are lightweight clients.

But ideally, we should encourage the average user to run nodes too. If you make a software having in mind only a small niche of people, it will never have tons of users.

I think we could achieve something that is attractive for the average user, that at the same time runs a node. Then you can unlock a "power user" mode with tons of extra options. But we must somehow get more and more people running nodes, this is the #1 priority to keep Bitcoin healthy.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
April 17, 2016, 02:42:50 PM
This April segwit release seems to be running really smoothly.
There has been no Segwit release yet, what are you talking about? This version does not contain Segwit.

I red that segwit was already running fine on testnet for months and was going to be coming in april so I taught this release wood halve it. Does Bitcoin Team do more than one client release in april?

Sorry for confucions.
Pages:
Jump to: