Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin craze dying down? - page 2. (Read 15069 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
October 11, 2014, 07:58:35 PM
They are speculating... and correct...
Because only decentralized and anon crypto can compete against Apple and Google...
(And Bitcoin is neither decentralized or anon).

Bitcoin is about to run smack into a wall called ApplePay... and offers no advantages over ApplePay.

"So if the bitcoin industry really wants to take on Apple Pay, it has to reinvent itself.
Make itself friendly. Market itself to people so technologically ignorant that they’re
one step away from microwaving their iPhones. That’s a difficult task to pull off."

Even that won't work...
Apple knows exactly what consumers and retailers want... Bitcoin doesn't care.

http://www.coindesk.com/apple-pay-threat-bitcoin/

Bitcoin is not Apple, and never tried to be. Bitcoin is solving a problem, and it's solving it well, it does not need marketing to grow. It will grow, because it solves the issue of international payments well.
legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000
October 11, 2014, 03:06:51 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like the bitcoin "craze" has died down a lot? Not as much people active in talking about it, and especially in other forums for altcoins, there used to be a lot of buzz and excitement but not any more it seems Sad

Most of altcoins - more specifically the ones released this year were pump and dump scams. I would say that less than 5% of the coins released this year are legit and have future potential. People are figuring this out, and alts have become a disgrace to the btc community.

I would say that all altcoins have zero long term potential. They are not adding any kind of value to bitcoin in general and doing nothing more then sucking away value from bitcoin and putting it into obvious altcoin scams.

The few altcoins that have been successful in the past have survived only because they were the first of "their kind" even though the differences from bitcoin were very small

People still seem to be willing to put money into altcoins. They always hope to pick that one altcoin which turns out to be a 'bitcoin-killer'.
They are speculating. They are incorrect

They are speculating... and correct...
Because only decentralized and anon crypto can compete against Apple and Google...
(And Bitcoin is neither decentralized or anon).

Bitcoin is about to run smack into a wall called ApplePay... and offers no advantages over ApplePay.

"So if the bitcoin industry really wants to take on Apple Pay, it has to reinvent itself.
Make itself friendly. Market itself to people so technologically ignorant that they’re
one step away from microwaving their iPhones. That’s a difficult task to pull off."

Even that won't work...
Apple knows exactly what consumers and retailers want... Bitcoin doesn't care.

http://www.coindesk.com/apple-pay-threat-bitcoin/
Activity: 861
Merit: 253
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
October 11, 2014, 01:41:37 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like the bitcoin "craze" has died down a lot? Not as much people active in talking about it, and especially in other forums for altcoins, there used to be a lot of buzz and excitement but not any more it seems Sad

Most of altcoins - more specifically the ones released this year were pump and dump scams. I would say that less than 5% of the coins released this year are legit and have future potential. People are figuring this out, and alts have become a disgrace to the btc community.

I would say that all altcoins have zero long term potential. They are not adding any kind of value to bitcoin in general and doing nothing more then sucking away value from bitcoin and putting it into obvious altcoin scams.

The few altcoins that have been successful in the past have survived only because they were the first of "their kind" even though the differences from bitcoin were very small

People still seem to be willing to put money into altcoins. They always hope to pick that one altcoin which turns out to be a 'bitcoin-killer'.
They are speculating. They are incorrect
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
October 11, 2014, 01:14:43 PM
I'd say we're definitely in the early majority period already. Bitcoin is very well known and has been used in one way or the other by lots of people by now. The early adopters were all here on this forum before early-mid 2013.

I second that. The early majority period began with the late 2013 early 2014 bubble - and people like Richard Branson and those Facebook twins endorsing and investing in BTC. We are past the early adopters phase for sure.

I believe that it cannot be easily disputed that right now this is the early majority period.
legendary
Activity: 826
amarha
October 11, 2014, 11:59:50 AM
I'd say we're definitely in the early majority period already. Bitcoin is very well known and has been used in one way or the other by lots of people by now. The early adopters were all here on this forum before early-mid 2013.
legendary
Activity: 1246
October 11, 2014, 05:45:44 AM

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
October 11, 2014, 01:26:06 AM
We are "Crossing the Chasm":

This chart looks a lot like the rise and fall of the bitcoin bubble which seems, at this point in time, to have peaked November 2013.

I could be wrong, I hope I am wrong but we could possibly see a nice steady $350 exchange rate that does not fluctuate more than a few dollars, and I have to say we have seen longer periods of non volatility this year than last. Also the more people using bitcoin the harder it will be for whales to make an impact, there will always be someone to buy at the right price..

BTCevo
legendary
Activity: 906
Merit: 1002
October 11, 2014, 12:43:30 AM

donator
Activity: 1616
Merit: 1003
October 10, 2014, 06:11:05 PM
We are "Crossing the Chasm":

Activity: 70
October 10, 2014, 06:04:50 PM

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
October 10, 2014, 05:37:01 PM
If not the eye of the storm, then the calm before the storm.   Wink
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
October 10, 2014, 12:08:38 PM
It is between stage 1 and 2.
Activity: 81
October 08, 2014, 08:45:42 AM
Bitcoin craze is alive and well. Maybe you cant feel it anymore because you are a bitcoin senior now. Lets ask the newbies. Smiley Many newbies enter the forum everyday. Its the craze. Smiley
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
October 08, 2014, 08:24:57 AM
I don't think we can even say Bitcoin reached a "craze" yet.  We're still somewhere in the Innovators and Early Adopters phase:

We still got a long ways to go people.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
October 08, 2014, 06:58:04 AM
Craze going down?? Probably..!! But I think more ppl r talking about it now.!! N more new ppl will venture into it now...as the prices r affordable.!! n It is gonna stabilize soon.!!

More affordable? I don't think that's the right word. Whether the price is $1 or $10,000 you can still buy $10 worth of btc..
legendary
Activity: 840
October 08, 2014, 12:53:57 AM
Craze going down?? Probably..!! But I think more ppl r talking about it now.!! N more new ppl will venture into it now...as the prices r affordable.!! n It is gonna stabilize soon.!!
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
A.K.A The Black Marvel
October 08, 2014, 12:38:27 AM
I think so yes.. But I never said that it wont come back..
Activity: 135
A.K.A The Black Marvel
October 07, 2014, 10:55:44 PM
Not from where Im sitting right now. Smiley
Activity: 293
October 06, 2014, 06:34:54 AM
I invested almost all my savings in btc when it was 950. Well, fuck you bitcoin, fuck you and all the Altcoin and everyone else. I hate the fucking day I knew about btc a D decided to invest. Everyone was like "Bitcoin is the future", "Bitcoin to da moon"... yes, my ass. I only have a job which will last only another one month. I hoped to make some money, and I lost everything. Thanks all guys. This forum is so good in giving right info.

That was your only mistake. Investments are as likely to lose you money as they are to make you money. I've made money and lost money on the stock market. I've made money and barely broke even because of broker commissions on the stock market. That's not the stock markets fault. If you we're here only to make money then you fucked up. Bitcoin didn't do that to you.
If you look at his previous posts you would also see that the money that he invested in bitcoin was not even "his" as it was a gift given to him by his grandmother. IMO he has no business investing any money in bitcion as it was never what he earned to invest.

Regardless the price decline has clearly not gotten him to decide to not continue his involvement in bitcon as he is clearly still somewhat active in trolling

I still hope that one day it will jump. again at least to the price I bought it. My only rule was never to sell lower of th3 price I bought. Until I don't sell I don't lose. For the troll thing, I am just a bit angry and frustrated but what u say is true.
Activity: 63
October 06, 2014, 04:45:14 AM
We'll see another wave of Bitcoin craze if It touches 600 again.
Pages:
Jump to: