Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Debit Cards in India - page 3. (Read 10670 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 505
August 14, 2016, 03:20:46 PM
Was wondering if there are any Bitcoin debit cards like Xapo, Advcash, Shift available for India.

Would like to know if anyone here has any information about it. Thanks!
well quite an interesting question ..just imagine .if u have a lot of bitcoins and by now and then ur bitcoins value changes ..from home u thought of buying a product and then it became harsh when u came back to the shop and the price of btc has changed and u could nt buy that product..how would feel ? u feel the most awkward  huh?? u would .so dont even think of btc debit cards until and unless it has reached it a stable level ....kudos Smiley
Instability of bitcoin made it so popular and bitcoin debit card are now old thing.there are Plenty of service which provide you that.you can try ledger pendrive storage get is costly but quite effective.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
July 31, 2016, 03:29:06 PM
Was wondering if there are any Bitcoin debit cards like Xapo, Advcash, Shift available for India.

Would like to know if anyone here has any information about it. Thanks!
well quite an interesting question ..just imagine .if u have a lot of bitcoins and by now and then ur bitcoins value changes ..from home u thought of buying a product and then it became harsh when u came back to the shop and the price of btc has changed and u could nt buy that product..how would feel ? u feel the most awkward  huh?? u would .so dont even think of btc debit cards until and unless it has reached it a stable level ....kudos Smiley
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
July 24, 2016, 11:00:59 AM
I have used bitcoin debit card several times in India to fill fuel in bunk and in grocery shops (reliance mart), etc.

Infact I have one right here in my wallet which can be loaded through BTC on WageCan website.

The store clerk person accepting the debit card has no idea that it is bitcoin based or what ever. They dont need to know as well.
 Infact it is just like a normal bank debit card but in USD or EUR currency, but with the added advantage that you can load via BTC through service providers.

So please stop confusing BITCOIN DEBIT CARDS with something else like "BITCOIN ATMs".

BITCOIN DEBIT CARD = NORMAL BANK DEBIT CARD but in USD and money can be loaded on website.

Purpose of bitcoin debit card is to spend bitcoins for normal use such as fuel/movie ticket/shopping etc.

BITCOIN ATM = INSERT YOUR BANK ATM CARD, SCAN MOBILE WALLET CODE, BUY BITCOINS

AFAIK there is no bitcoin ATM in India but bitcoin debit card is very much there and can be used without any problem (except the ones I mentioned in my previous post above)

.....hope this clears things up!

PS: If anyone want to know how to get a bitcoin debit card, PM me or I can make a thread with info.
Yes i think you should make a thread with more info because i never heard about that
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
July 24, 2016, 10:39:47 AM
I have used bitcoin debit card several times in India to fill fuel in bunk and in grocery shops (reliance mart), etc.

Infact I have one right here in my wallet which can be loaded through BTC on WageCan website.

The store clerk person accepting the debit card has no idea that it is bitcoin based or what ever. They dont need to know as well.
 Infact it is just like a normal bank debit card but in USD or EUR currency, but with the added advantage that you can load via BTC through service providers.

So please stop confusing BITCOIN DEBIT CARDS with something else like "BITCOIN ATMs".

BITCOIN DEBIT CARD = NORMAL BANK DEBIT CARD but in USD and money can be loaded on website.

Purpose of bitcoin debit card is to spend bitcoins for normal use such as fuel/movie ticket/shopping etc.

BITCOIN ATM = INSERT YOUR BANK ATM CARD, SCAN MOBILE WALLET CODE, BUY BITCOINS

AFAIK there is no bitcoin ATM in India but bitcoin debit card is very much there and can be used without any problem (except the ones I mentioned in my previous post above)

.....hope this clears things up!

PS: If anyone want to know how to get a bitcoin debit card, PM me or I can make a thread with info.
Activity: 38
July 24, 2016, 09:19:56 AM
No there is no place where bitcoin debit card is accepted in India weather its any local shop any petrol pump or any mall in the country.
Even in any ATM of India bitcoin debit card is not accepted.
July 23, 2016, 05:27:24 PM
Bitcoin "debit card" is, in the simplest of terms, a mastercard or a visa card in USD/EUR denomications which you can top up via BTC using a service like WageCan or ANX. It works exactly like your ICICI or HDFC bank debit card except that it can be topped up in BTC.

So, YES it is "possible" in India and ACCEPTED in India by any shop which accepts Visa/MasterCard payments.
Activity: 28
July 23, 2016, 03:04:16 PM
I never heard bitcoin debit cards to be accepted in India. I think its not bitcoin is still not that much popular in india so a bitcoin debit card in india is not possible right now.
July 23, 2016, 12:29:44 PM
My review of wagecan:

The verification process was easy, it took around 3 days and once it was sent, the card reached me in 10 days, the BTC to USD fees is a bit on the higher end. I am paying around 6% fee on top of the USD/BTC value as WageCan conversion fees. IDK if this can be reduced somehow.

Card works fine in POS such as malls and fuel stations. Always use the option to process the sale with a PIN number.

Also, ATM withdrawal does not seem to work. I am interested in knowing if anyone else has managed to use wagecan or ANX etc debit cards to withdraw from Indian ATMs?
Ive tried in ICICI/HDFC/CITI ATM's and they all show me a message "BALANCE:  "
which is not zero, but has no value - i think maybe the ATM is not able to process USD to INR conversion

Please advice if anyone has used these debit cards to withdraw from any particular ATM.

PS: I find the attitude of some of the people here unnecessary, this is an open board to share information and if you think someone is wasting YOUR time you can just ignore the posts and need not reply to them. There is absolutely no need to give advice such as DIY/google it / etc. You are just spamming the thread and more span will follow in the form of an reply to your "advice" so let us just avoid it altogether.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
i am don(ripper's big daddy).i clean scammers.
May 05, 2016, 09:15:27 AM
But my point is even if they ship it to India it won't be of any use.

U need ATM to use debit cards.. we don't have any as of yet and the RBI (or govt) is still not clear with the using of bitcoin in India right.. ( i will have to read latest stuff about this )
Real no use?
I've been using BTC for 3 years and I never had a problem with this.
Bitcoin is essentially a commodity in India.

Are u reading former posts of just posting ? i never said bitcoin is of no use i have been using from 2013. I am saying debit card in india would be of no use since we dont have ATMs. and if we need to do online tx we have our own wallets.
You dont need atm to use debit card.Debit cards can only be used for online transaction or at POS.Atm card or atm cum debit card is required for withdrawing cash from atm
yes when you withdraw btc on bank its doesn't mean you are converting btc to fiat.if you search behind this system-
when you withdrwa btc at atm they got request to sell btc their automated program send the amount by IMPS to your bank account number for withdraw btc at their current exchange rate.
that's it.
Activity: 154
I2VPN Lead developer.Antidote to 3-letter agencies
May 05, 2016, 05:06:29 AM
nice to listen that in india this is possible thanks a lot to giving this information. now i will purchase my bitcoin debit card and withdraw it to atm without dealing or trading someone to withdraw my btc.
Who told you that BTC Debit card is available in India?Haven't you read the above post?Currently No bitcoin debit card is available for india
so we can't withdraw btc to fiat by foreign bitcoin debit card?
does it matter matter which countries we are using btc debit card?
so we can't use bitx,xopo debit card to withdrwa btc fund to fiat in india?
Obviously not btw I think you are mistaking debit card for atm card.There are no bitcoin atm at the moment in India if you want to convert your btc to inr,the best option is to use any Indian bitcoin exchange
Can you please stop spreading lies?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debit_card#Offline_debit_system
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATM_card#Card_networks
https://www.bankofamerica.com/student-banking/resources/debit-cards.go
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
May 04, 2016, 05:40:40 PM
nice to listen that in india this is possible thanks a lot to giving this information. now i will purchase my bitcoin debit card and withdraw it to atm without dealing or trading someone to withdraw my btc.
Who told you that BTC Debit card is available in India?Haven't you read the above post?Currently No bitcoin debit card is available for india
Obviously not btw I think you are mistaking debit card for atm card.There are no bitcoin atm at the moment in India if you want to convert your btc to inr,the best option is to use any Indian bitcoin exchange
May 04, 2016, 01:56:46 PM
May 04, 2016, 01:55:15 PM
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
April 30, 2016, 12:16:25 PM
okay but for online tx we have wallets and they already very convenient right?
Right.But to transfer bitcoins from your wallet,you must know the wallet address of receiver I.e merchant.On the other hand,in debit card you just enter your card details and make payment.I assume these bitcoin debit card convert bitcoin to fiat hence can also be used with merchants who dont accept bitcoins

If like your saying that the debit cards can convert bitcoins into fiat then that is a really good option. If so people might consider to buy them
Yes if that happens,many merchants will start accepting bitcoin.Customer pay in bitcoin with his debit card,card processor converts it to fiat,merchant gets paid in fiat
Might be a good way to actually put Bitcoin into use.
WageCan is trusted by the big players BTW.
Is there any Bitcoin Debit card available for Indian users? If yes where it is available ?
https://bitscan.com/articles/reviews/wagecan-debit-card-review
WHY DON'T YOU GOOGLE FIRST BEFORE ASKING?
(If you are concerned about your privacy, PLEASE USE DISCONNECT OR DUCKDUCKGO).

I prefer asking here rather than googling. Any issue?
Yes, for sure, are you trying to waste people's time rather than spend a few CPU cycles for Google? Even Google gets paid for that. Time is invaluable as cycles can be replenished.

Those people who think its time waste, they done reply. And those who want to make technicality things easy to understand to everyone they explain it.
April 30, 2016, 11:48:00 AM
Right.But to transfer bitcoins from your wallet,you must know the wallet address of receiver I.e merchant.On the other hand,in debit card you just enter your card details and make payment.I assume these bitcoin debit card convert bitcoin to fiat hence can also be used with merchants who dont accept bitcoins

If like your saying that the debit cards can convert bitcoins into fiat then that is a really good option. If so people might consider to buy them
Yes if that happens,many merchants will start accepting bitcoin.Customer pay in bitcoin with his debit card,card processor converts it to fiat,merchant gets paid in fiat
Is there any Bitcoin Debit card available for Indian users? If yes where it is available ?

Yes, for sure, are you trying to waste people's time rather than spend a few CPU cycles for Google? Even Google gets paid for that. Time is invaluable as cycles can be replenished.
April 30, 2016, 11:34:04 AM

April 30, 2016, 11:12:05 AM
DIY. Repeat: DIY.
Activity: 20
March 30, 2016, 10:46:23 AM
Asked because manav1112 had said that he had called for it. Wanted an India-specific review.
March 30, 2016, 06:16:12 AM

March 29, 2016, 11:22:16 AM
Pages:
Jump to: