Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin dominance hits 43%, alts surging ahead - page 15. (Read 7812 times)

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
This is good for altcoins, I guess 71.2% was the highest dominant rate BTC achieves this year, and its downtrend of dominant rate will mean for the better of the market. In the past few days, we've seen some big bounce back from altcoins especially from XRP and ETH, the top 2 and top 3 are fighting for the entire altcoins that they will not be left behind, hopefully it will continue to so we will see a balance and progressive market.

I like to see BTC dropped its dominance rate to 50% by the end of the year.

LOL... it is funny that you expect the Bitcoin dominance to go back to 50% (from the current level of 68%) within the next three months or so. IMO, the recent spike in the altcoin market capitalization was due to the rumors of Binance opening a separate platform for the users from the United States. And that means that the current spike is going to be a temporary one. From what I have heard, the trading hasn't started yet and 13 of the states are being excluded (including New York).
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
So how would people feel if the dominance peak has been and gone for this round?

I would not be totally surprised. The 90% fans aren't being super realistic.

It's either peaked already, or there's one last spike left. Either way, long term (weekly, monthly) altcoin charts look like they are on the cusp.

I also noticed Bitpay is adding support for Ethereum. That seems like a nod to burgeoning OTC demand. Bitcoiners will remain skeptical as always. "But ICOs!" they'll say.

https://www.coindesk.com/payment-service-bitpay-announces-ether-integration
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
That's way too much of a dominance as far as I see and remembered, i really don't know what makes altcoins left behind like that.

dominance means dominating  or in other words really huge amount  so its normal mate dont be shock   . many reasons why alts can lag behind  . it maybe because of btc is dumping  .

when btc is dumping , thats a sign that people sell so they might also sell thier alts   .  or maybe alts fall because btc is pumping . 

when btc pumps , maybe people sell thier alts to buy btc or convert thier alts to btc  .
Activity: 2898
Merit: 590
BTC to the MOON in 2019
67.8% as of this moment https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/#dominance-percentage

Alts showing some gradual percentage increase in past few days we do see some green or gains but i agree on whats said above that altcoin holders
are still on loss and wont consider this as a good news for them but at least we are seeing some good signs.Its better to go short or day trades than to hope for
long term full recovery.

This is good for altcoins, I guess 71.2% was the highest dominant rate BTC achieves this year, and its downtrend of dominant rate will mean for the better of the market. In the past few days, we've seen some big bounce back from altcoins especially from XRP and ETH, the top 2 and top 3 are fighting for the entire altcoins that they will not be left behind, hopefully it will continue to so we will see a balance and progressive market.

I like to see BTC dropped its dominance rate to 50% by the end of the year.
Activity: 2688
Merit: 625
67.8% as of this moment https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/#dominance-percentage

Alts showing some gradual percentage increase in past few days we do see some green or gains but i agree on whats said above that altcoin holders
are still on loss and wont consider this as a good news for them but at least we are seeing some good signs.Its better to go short or day trades than to hope for
long term full recovery.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
So how would people feel if the dominance peak has been and gone for this round?

I would not be totally surprised. The 90% fans aren't being super realistic. Regardless of whatever I'd prefer to see a better way of measuring the whole thing because as it stands it's a silly and easily gamed metric. It has been a good reminder to those flippening zombies where the real power lies though.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
That’s the highest dominance Bitcoin ever had because until today the cap is dropping and just this moment  we are on 66% domination 5% lower from that record
For a while, the Bitcoin dominance had declined to sub-70 levels, but now once again it is back to 70.3%. Altcoins are showing no sign of recovery, including the established coins such as Ethereum, Ripple and Litecoin. One thing that concerns me the most is the rising market share of Tether (USDT). Now the market cap has risen to more than $4.1 billion, despite their issues with the NYAG.
That’s also my concern the growing market of Tether things that may affect the bitcoin and altcoin growth in future if this continue
legendary
Activity: 3444
Merit: 10558
There is good news for the altcoin holders. The Bitcoin dominance has declined by close to 2% and there is a corresponding increase in the share for the altcoins.

the altcoin "holders" are currently in at least 85% loss and at most 98% loss. seeing some small pumps here and there is not considered good news for them!
as for this supposed decline, it is the natural thing to happen when bitcoin price becomes stable and as it was completely stable with less than 1% fluctuations, the altcoin pumps began and some of the shitcoins with biggest supplies such as XRP got pumped recently leading to their market cap to bloat hence decreasing the "market cap ratio" by around 2%.

as you can see as the stability stopped (bitcoin price dropped ~4% today) the same pumped altcoins got dumped hard. for instance XRP lost 7%, XLM 10%,...
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
Total crypto market cap: $262,692,257,278

Bitcoin: $184,302,075,424 (70.159%)
Bitcoin forks: $7,820,814,162 (2.977%)
Stablecoins: $4,966,908,159 (1.891%)
Altcoins: $65,602,459,533 (24.973%)

This is the change compared to my last post:

Bitcoin: -0.756%
Bitcoin forks: 0.000%
Stablecoins: +0.005%
Altcoins: +0.751%

There is good news for the altcoin holders. The Bitcoin dominance has declined by close to 2% and there is a corresponding increase in the share for the altcoins. The Bitcoin forks are also showing a slight increase, while the stable coins shows a slight decline due to the overall increase in the total crypto market cap.

Bitcoin: $184,227,971,775 (67.824%)
Bitcoin forks: $8,423,584,195 (3.101%)
Stablecoins: $4,968,632,750 (1.829%)
Altcoins: $74,005,475,392 (27.245%)

Bitcoin: -2.335%
Bitcoin forks: +0.124%
Stablecoins: -0.062%
Altcoins: +2.272%
For a while, the Bitcoin dominance had declined to sub-70 levels, but now once again it is back to 70.3%. Altcoins are showing no sign of recovery, including the established coins such as Ethereum, Ripple and Litecoin. One thing that concerns me the most is the rising market share of Tether (USDT). Now the market cap has risen to more than $4.1 billion, despite their issues with the NYAG.
legendary
OK... Here are the updated numbers, after 4 days. See how much change occurred in just four days!!!

Total crypto market cap: $262,267,007,642

Bitcoin: $185,986,798,673 (70.915%)
Bitcoin forks: $7,807,050,930 (2.977%)
Stablecoins: $4,946,733,307 (1.886%)
Altcoins: $63,526,424,732 (24.222%)

Bitcoin: +0.879%
Bitcoin forks: -0.059%
Stablecoins: 0.044%
Altcoins: -0.864%

The last 4-5 days were good for Altcoins. But still there is no sign that the altcoin prices are stabilizing. Here is the latest market cap figures:

Bitcoin: $184,302,075,424 (70.159%)
Bitcoin forks: $7,820,814,162 (2.977%)
Stablecoins: $4,966,908,159 (1.891%)
Altcoins: $65,602,459,533 (24.973%)

Bitcoin: -0.756%
Bitcoin forks: 0.000%
Stablecoins: +0.005%
Altcoins: +0.751%
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
to be clear the part i disagreed with and said "you are wrong" is not the altcoin bubble/pumps. as i said, the altcoins will pump again as many are already pumping big time and reaching big bubbles. in fact i don't even deny altcoin season and their massive bubbles. we will continue seeing a huge market wide altcoin bubble every 2 years at least.

the part i am disagreeing with was the "excess money going from bitcoin to altcoins". that simply is wrong in my experience. for starters people invest their bitcoin in altcoins not their money. and as i explained in details the altcoin pumps only fool newbies to "invest" others are just participating in them during the pumps.

There should be a reason for the investors to pump these altcoins. So what will be the reason or a possible trigger in your opinion? Back in 2017, it was the ICO boom that caused the alt prices to go up like crazy (in particular, Ethereum went up by 10,000% in 2017). I can't think of a trigger happening anytime in the next 12 months. The ICOs are dead. Good IEOs are few and far in between. And while we debate about all this, the Bitcoin dominance continues to increase, approximately at a rate of 1% per week.

ICO, etc. are only catalysts not the reasons or triggers. they are helping the big pumps take place easier and help the size of them become bigger by bringing more newbies into the altcoin market with a lot of money in total.

otherwise the altcoin pumps happen for only one reason: to make profit.
they are already happening too. if you check the market you will always find at least 3 to 5 different altcoins that are getting pumped hard in that day. that's just the nature of the altcoin market to be pumped and dumped every day.
but the market-wide pumps can't happen yet because
- newbies who got dumped on have exited the market not looking back or moved to bitcoin and won't touch altcoins at least for a long time if not forever.
- newbie bag holders have their money tied up into big shitcoins like etherum, ripple,... and are in 80% to 95% loss already, they can't participate in anything else.
so until this changes the pumpers can't do anything major all over the altcoin market.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
There should be a reason for the investors to pump these altcoins. So what will be the reason or a possible trigger in your opinion? Back in 2017, it was the ICO boom that caused the alt prices to go up like crazy (in particular, Ethereum went up by 10,000% in 2017). I can't think of a trigger happening anytime in the next 12 months.

nobody ever sees it coming. that's how it works. you think in 2016 people were predicting ICOs would take off? of course not. something will get hyped like ICOs. it doesn't matter what it is. fundamentals don't matter in a bubble.

I find it a bit odd that so few mention ICOs as one of the prime reasons for Bitcoin itself to pump in 2017. It was still the main gateway to enter altland.

it's a symbiotic relationship. but i would say that bitcoin allows altcoins to bubble, not the other way around. it was bitcoin's bull market and new ATH that fomented the ICO bubble in the first place. altcoins can't bubble on their own.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
There should be a reason for the investors to pump these altcoins. So what will be the reason or a possible trigger in your opinion? Back in 2017, it was the ICO boom that caused the alt prices to go up like crazy (in particular, Ethereum went up by 10,000% in 2017). I can't think of a trigger happening anytime in the next 12 months.

I find it a bit odd that so few mention ICOs as one of the prime reasons for Bitcoin itself to pump in 2017. It was still the main gateway to enter altland.

All alts need to be to bubble is alive and cheaper than BTC if BTC takes off properly. It might not sustain or be as epic but it'll happen.

Activity: 532
Merit: 18
Bitcoin lover!
In the last 24 hours, the dominance of BTC has declined slightly due to higher prices for most altcoins. It is possible that the altcoins price increase is associated with the Ethereum price increase, but I did not find any convincing news on this subject, so it is not clear to me what this situation in the crypto market is connected with.
to be clear the part i disagreed with and said "you are wrong" is not the altcoin bubble/pumps. as i said, the altcoins will pump again as many are already pumping big time and reaching big bubbles. in fact i don't even deny altcoin season and their massive bubbles. we will continue seeing a huge market wide altcoin bubble every 2 years at least.

the part i am disagreeing with was the "excess money going from bitcoin to altcoins". that simply is wrong in my experience. for starters people invest their bitcoin in altcoins not their money. and as i explained in details the altcoin pumps only fool newbies to "invest" others are just participating in them during the pumps.

There should be a reason for the investors to pump these altcoins. So what will be the reason or a possible trigger in your opinion? Back in 2017, it was the ICO boom that caused the alt prices to go up like crazy (in particular, Ethereum went up by 10,000% in 2017). I can't think of a trigger happening anytime in the next 12 months. The ICOs are dead. Good IEOs are few and far in between. And while we debate about all this, the Bitcoin dominance continues to increase, approximately at a rate of 1% per week.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
This is NOTHING like the dot com bubble. The dot com bubble was $10 TRILLION in 1999, which is probably equivalent to $15+ Trillion today. 
this is nothing like that but it has nothing to do with the size. in dot com bubble people were buying things that made sense, but in altcoin bubble they are buying into a pump of a useless thing that has no reason to exist.

There will be another ALT bubble. But alts are going to continue to die until BTC is above ATHs. Once there is excess money to go around, it will start to flow back into alts. But the alt bear needs to be proportional the alt bull. The alt bull was huge compared to the last btc bull market. So now it has to bleed some more first.
you are wrong.
the problem with altcoins is their lack of usage. basically they are created with one purpose in mind, to get pumped and dumped. so what we have is small periods where manipulators (market influencers) pump these coins artificially so that they can make money in short term and dump them right afterwards.
so what happens is that it doesn't matter what bitcoin does and where it is regarding its price, these pumpers are pumping these shitcoins 24/7/365 but sometimes since there is more newbies around they can pump shitcoins more than usual. otherwise "excess" money never goes into these shitcoins because they are super risky.

With all due respect, it is posts like yours that give me confidence that there will be another large - maybe even larger - alt bubble in the future. As soon as people start saying something can't happen because enter (humans wont do irrational things because it wouldnt make sense) here then, in the crypto world, I just say "Oh yeah? Then watch."

legendary
The good news is that the Bitcoin dominance has now breached the 70% level and it is surging ahead without any major obstacles. At this rate, I would say that 80% by the end of this year is very much of a possibility.

Total crypto market cap: $264,545,070,441

Bitcoin: $185,277,223,031 (70.036%)
Bitcoin forks: $8,030,578,364 (3.036%)
Stablecoins: $4,872,961,419 (1.842%)
Altcoins: $66,364,307,627 (25.086%)

Bitcoin: +1.489%
Bitcoin forks: -0.110%
Stablecoins: +0.056%
Altcoins: -1.435%

OK... Here are the updated numbers, after 4 days. See how much change occurred in just four days!!!

Total crypto market cap: $262,267,007,642

Bitcoin: $185,986,798,673 (70.915%)
Bitcoin forks: $7,807,050,930 (2.977%)
Stablecoins: $4,946,733,307 (1.886%)
Altcoins: $63,526,424,732 (24.222%)

Bitcoin: +0.879%
Bitcoin forks: -0.059%
Stablecoins: 0.044%
Altcoins: -0.864%
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
All big cap alts are indeed altcoins
I agree in a case of TRX it is ugly Ponzi by my opinion
I don't like xrp because it was premined coin however xrp will rebound at some moment
Personally i like both dash and LTC
I am waiting for Ltc at price 50$ or even 45$ then LTC can nicely recover
ETH is coin what is most hard to trade to me
But that so fast rising bitcoin dominance is not good for btc also
Now we have nice btc pump but look volume it is so low
I have edited my original post, as the Bitcoin dominance is increasing too fast. In my original post, I had posted that we'll see a dominance of 70% by the end of this year. And with four months to go, we have reached 71.2%. So I changed my prediction to 80% by the end of 2019. Altcoins, irrespective of their market cap are steadily marching to the graveyard. Give me an example of a single altcoin, which has increased its market share during the last 4 months.
Pages:
Jump to: