Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin dominance hits 43%, alts surging ahead - page 23. (Read 7812 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 251
Futurov
I checked the article on bitcoinist, and just like what you have said, bitcoin dominance has risen above 60%. This is largely due to the bitcoin rally and the fact that we are waiting for altseason to begin. The recent statistics reminded me of the time when bitcoin had this proportion of total market cap back in December 2017, when it skyrocketed to 66.8% and then dropping to as low as 32% just a month later. This just goes to show that bitcoin's flactuating price is a never ending cycle, it will always rise and fall, which is kind of similar to altcoins. It's true that altcoins are lagging behind, but i believe that there will be a time that it will increase in value especially ETH.
Activity: 616
Merit: 30
This Rise is absolutely beautiful. HODL for life
What’s the sense of rising if you will HODL for life?if does then there is nothing we can gain until we die lol,you HoDL for life but we will buy and sell for the currencies to circulate..

This is a comment of a person that do nothing about market instead saying nonsense each time he posted he’s thoughts
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316

The rise had being long time wait and finally we have seen it and yet to reach the 15k levels and keep growing in future as well . This has being the year of the rise as reversed than last year . Altcoins on other hand is not risen like btc and worry for all .
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
bitcoin dominance is not rising, it has always been up but the problem is that people started to come up with crazy numbers to measure bitcoin's dominance where in fact the only thing they were really doing was showing the altcoin bubble so that number was showing the size of that altcoin bubble so far and as that bubble burst and altcoins get dumped and many of them in fact die, that number increases showing the shrinkage of that bubble.
otherwise so far in the past 10 years bitcoin has been the only dominating cryptocurrency in this market that everyone wants and focuses on. everything else has always been short term fancies.
Activity: 2604
Merit: 816
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
I think people still choosing bitcoin as their main crypto and the investment, but they now divide their investment in the altcoin too. They don't want just to make a profit from bitcoin only, but they see the other opportunity from the altcoin to make a profit. Still, bitcoin gives them a big part of the profit, and they know that the time for the altcoin to give another profit will come. They can accept if the altcoin is not increased now because the time for altcoin does not come and they can wait for a while.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 322
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
This isn't a surprise to me as its a known fact that any newbie to cryptos world would only be interested in bitcoin even investors with huge funds will only invest on bitcoin leaving those altcoins behind thus they will surely lag behind because of lack of interest from investors just the OP highlighted their relevance in the market.
Gone are the days whenever bitcoin pumps a lot of the so called altcoin pumps too however the tide had changed now sending a signals to altcoin hodlers to divert their portfolio to bitcoin now while its dominance will continue to soar higher in the cryptoshpere.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
In the same manner, crypto investors need to store at least 60% and over of their total capital in a coin with market dominance like Bitcoin or Ether. And the rest of the funds spread among the other top coins like EOS , ripple or Tron. These coins all give value for money.

Make no mistake. Ether is not faring that well. It has fallen to 0.025 BTC per coin, and the trends are negative. Among the alts, Binance Coin and Litecoin were the ones who held on during last few weeks. But now even they have fallen. Litecoin has dipped below the psychologically significant 0.01 BTC mark. The dominance stands at 62.7% now, and I think it will reach 70% by the end of this year.
Activity: 966
Merit: 104
At the beginning of 2019, we observed activity among all investors in Bitcoin.  And over the past three months, Bitcoin's results have improved even more.  This suggests that the market for increased demand for Bitcoin while there were even less willing to sell.  Anyway, with the increase in prices for Bitcoin, those wishing to buy will also decrease.
Activity: 23
Merit: 1
Activity: 574
Merit: 14
Most funds that enter the cryptospace always tend to be through bitcoins, also most Institutional investors will not be buying alts or shitcoins. However, after some explosive growth from bitcoin there will be some sort of consolidation which will result in altcoins having some surge (alts bull)
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
In the same manner, crypto investors need to store at least 60% and over of their total capital in a coin with market dominance like Bitcoin or Ether. And the rest of the funds spread among the other top coins like EOS , ripple or Tron. These coins all give value for money.
Activity: 882
Merit: 251
I don't have to worry questioning the dominance of Bitcoin as it has been dominant even before.
As it continues to increase of even stay at that range, that would limit the growth of altcoins but like the last bull run, it started that way and eventually drop. Maybe time will come dominance of bitcoin will be 30% again, that time we shall see a great run for altcoins, but I'm not expecting it soon since bitcoin bull run is just starting.

Watching how Bitcoin is running up to the hill, people simply rushed to buy BTC. Its dominance jumped up. This is just the statistics. Bitcoin will be always #1 in the minds of all people, therefore, on the market also.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
Bitcoin dominance was above 70% before the pump on Dec 2017 and I'm not saying that it may happen again but what I feel right now, it's less likely.

From where did you got the 70% mark? By June 2017, the Bitcoin dominance was 39% and Ether was fast catching up (31%). At that time, the ICO market was at its peak. After that, the dominance increased from 39% in June to 54% in December (when BTC attained its ATH). During Dec 2017-Jan 2018 Ripple had its bull rally and the BTC dominance once again declined from 54% to 33%.
Activity: 924
Merit: 220
No altcoins are not really being left behind. It is just that many users now in cryptocurrency focuses on bitcoin investment. However, altcoins shows good market price movement too. It all depends on a certain altcoin in terms of its demand. The market for altcoin could move higher market price that could be to surpass bitcoin in terms of its market price increase.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
This is a common scenario whenever we see Bitcoin on a bull run. Altcoin holders will start to selling their Alts to get Bitcoin and wait for Bitcoin to continue to climb. Its the other way around if Altcoins starts to do well in the market, price of Bitcoin will slowdown a little but eventually will recover. Its not an unusual scenario in Cryptoworld. Last 2016 we have witnessed this happened before our very eyes already.
copper member
Activity: 280
This dominance has to reduce for altcoins to pick up and join the run, very surprising to see btc make such a huge run which is so different from what it was in 2017 when compared to a lot of alts.
Activity: 36
Hope to see alts' growth in price as well as bitcoin's coz my portfolio is 30% of alts.
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000
I saw the market and bitcoin is really getting high pump.
The bad news is, it is the only one who is gaining much pump as many alts are just riding the BTC price to USD.
Though the price on their satoshi in trading market is not moving up.
But yesterday i saw bitcoin goes down a bit and ethereum rise, i hope this is the sign that alts will climb too.
Activity: 826
Merit: 265
Yeah and even in dumping bitcoin still dominate the altcoin,dumping 19% now and still dropping?

Yeah bitcoin really dominating 😂

Let’s hope that this is only correction and we will back on track again soon,today bitcoin falls more than $2,000 in just 12 hours
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
The forks get about 4 billion dollars out of this... which is 1 billion dollars each? That is impressive but they are far from being close to bitcoin in terms of price, strength, standard and popularity
Pages:
Jump to: