Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin dropping like a stone - page 9. (Read 7591 times)

legendary
Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001
March 18, 2017, 10:04:22 AM
The irony is Bitcoin was actually strong, resilient and hitting all time highs despite ETF rejection and was likely going to the stratosphere, $2000+, now it's going down and will take years for the market to recover confidence if at all.

Because of BU (Bitcoin Unlimited) Bitcoin has been dropping since more BU blocks were mined than Segwit. Then yesterday the exchanges announced a joint plan to incorporate BU. The reality of BU is causing the drop.  

The market HATES BU but was fine when Segwit mined blocks were in the ascendency.

I have seen this play out in multiple crypto-currencies that push through a major change that doesn't have the support of the market.

BU has done nothing new that has not already been proposed 2 years ago.
no deadlines. no agenda's no ban hammering of blocks or nodes.
no intention of splitting the network. they want one single network of majority where many diverse nodes collectively continue running on the network.

its actually blockstream(core) that have been vocal about causing splits and such.. but just baited the stories like they are the victims. not the perpetrators

the drama recently is from these guys
http://dcg.co/portfolio/  - DCG is owned by barry silbert.

and the corps that received VC funding are in debt and barry wants his money back.. soooooon. here is how much he threw at them
https://www.crunchbase.com/person/barry-silbert/investments

The market reacted to BU blocks being mined overtaking Segwit and to yesterday's announcement that BU might happen.

I don't care about the politics of any of it, I only look at the market reaction. The market appeared to be fine with Segwit, perhaps because it came from core and was perceived as a less major change - I don't know. But the market at every step BU has become more of a reality has said BTC is worth much much less.

Edit: I realise Segwit was unlikely to happen because it hurt the miners, but the point Im making is the market was fine with it. I think the miners should hopefully realise soon the damage they are doing and the potential for BU happening should decline.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
March 18, 2017, 09:59:29 AM
Because of BU (Bitcoin Unlimited) Bitcoin has been dropping since more BU blocks were mined than Segwit. Then yesterday the exchanges announced a joint plan to incorporate BU. The reality of BU is causing the drop.  

The market HATES BU but was fine when Segwit mined blocks were in the ascendency.

I have seen this play out in multiple crypto-currencies that push through a major change that doesn't have the support of the market.

BU has done nothing new that has not already been proposed 2 years ago.
no deadlines. no agenda's no ban hammering of blocks or nodes.
no intention of splitting the network. they want one single network of majority where many diverse nodes collectively continue running on the network.

its actually blockstream(core) that have been vocal about causing splits and such.. but just baited the stories like they are the victims. not the perpetrators

the drama recently is from these guys
http://dcg.co/portfolio/  - DCG is owned by barry silbert.

and the corps that received VC funding are in debt and barry wants his money back.. soooooon. here is how much he threw at them
https://www.crunchbase.com/person/barry-silbert/investments
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(
March 18, 2017, 09:57:39 AM
I would not call a less than 15 % drop dropping like a stone, people are just worried about the hard fork more than the etf rejection. With many exchanges agreeing to put the hard fork btu under its own ticker separated from btc as they forsee equal support for both tickers much like eth and etc. I for one am going to wait this storm out by doing nothing.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
March 18, 2017, 09:56:16 AM
when the price drops.. dont panic.

treat it as a discount day to buy in cheap before it goes up again
legendary
Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001
March 18, 2017, 09:55:21 AM

I have seen this play out in multiple crypto-currencies that push through a major change that doesn't have the support of the market. They become virtually worthless over the space of a few months.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
March 18, 2017, 09:54:11 AM
Anything under a 10% drop/rise is just daily variance IMO, no need to panic  Tongue. I think you're best of hodling atm since both coins are at their bottom I think. We'll probably see both of them rise a bit in the next couple of days. Remember cryptos are dangerous and volatile, don't trade with anything you can't afford to lose  Wink Also this post should've probably been posted in Economics or Speculation.
Activity: 314
Merit: 251
March 18, 2017, 09:52:44 AM
Any idea hy bitcoin is dropping so fast? Last night i was expecting it to go back up a little so i could take some money out of it and put it in ETH, but now i'd sell with a significant loss. What made it drop?

We peaked. Sentiment changed.  ETF denial combined with possible BTU hard fork has spooked the market.

Wait for the bottom, perhaps $800-$900(?) and buy in if you're a gambler, or HODL if you're stoic.
Activity: 644
Merit: 252
IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech
March 18, 2017, 09:50:46 AM
Any idea hy bitcoin is dropping so fast? Last night i was expecting it to go back up a little so i could take some money out of it and put it in ETH, but now i'd sell with a significant loss. What made it drop?
Pages:
Jump to: