Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin: Exposed? - page 3. (Read 2221 times)

Activity: 76
Merit: 11
October 31, 2017, 08:06:49 AM
It is good that some TV show bring this kind of topic for us to be aware of this scams. I think before we engage to to an investments we should always check their background first.
copper member
Activity: 882
Merit: 110
October 31, 2017, 07:36:58 AM
FAILON NGAYON is a show where they expose those sorts scams / corruptions / malicious doings. So its just normal that they relate Bitcoin to a scam. Because its their job to make that kind of topic. There are no more technology related shows in the Philippines (i think, like KNOWLEDGE POWER), that is why people are likely to be ignorant when it comes to progress of technology.
Activity: 252
Merit: 104
“Blockchain Connection Framework”
October 31, 2017, 07:19:21 AM
A documentary here in the Philippines entitled: FAILON NGAYON have exposed Bitcoin as a type of scam.
It goes like this: a callcenter agent guy invested on one of the sh*tcoins here. He invested a fair amount of money into it as a promise projection of 50% gain for about 3 months. After 3 months have passed and he was about to withdrawn the money, support system from that UK based comoany was suddenly became unresponsive.
Financial analyst said that bitcoin is being used by some scammers to phish for money from users through untrusted sites.
I think that due to anonymity, it is very hard to track down those people who uses bitcoin for scamming.
For me, I think you just invest amount ofnmeny that you can afford to lose. Secondly, just transact with secured sites and not fall for get rich quick schemes because most likely thisnis a scam.
What are your thoughts on this?
I'll say so scammers were everywhere. but he had to understand that bitcoin is the next pyramid. And if not now, he would have lost his money in the future. I hope after that, the Philippines will also go to the ban of bitcoins and it will fall in price and popularity.
Be wise in investing! Soon bitcoin will shutdown because countries will be banning the use of it. Scammers and hackers will make the name of bitcoin go to waste. It is you scammers who put bitcoin down! Get lost! Let us switch back to ETh instead.

That's right. In every industry, whether it's a mainstream or an up-coming venture, scammers would always device ways to gain in the expense of people who doesn't know much about its ins and outs. As they say, "when money talks, everyone listens;" having said, it's easy to convince people to do something or invest in something for that matter by blinding them with the earnings they can potentially get. As an investor, it would always be standard to research and not trust any person who tries to get your money for something that is too good to be true. Even in this market, I would agree that the dangers of being scammed is high, ever greater now since the value of bitcoins is getting higher and higher.
Activity: 560
Merit: 112
October 31, 2017, 07:13:36 AM
Failon Ngayon is nothing but a propaganda tool like any mainstream media does. They were paid and manipulated by the sponsors of the show. The host is nothing but a ex-politician that may not be corrupt or might be but not exposed. Then in this move who will benefits from it and those promise that guy are just like most of the pyramid scammers roaming around, bitcoin or fiat it exist.
Activity: 448
Merit: 281
October 31, 2017, 06:57:09 AM
A documentary here in the Philippines entitled: FAILON NGAYON have exposed Bitcoin as a type of scam.
It goes like this: a callcenter agent guy invested on one of the sh*tcoins here. He invested a fair amount of money into it as a promise projection of 50% gain for about 3 months. After 3 months have passed and he was about to withdrawn the money, support system from that UK based comoany was suddenly became unresponsive.
Financial analyst said that bitcoin is being used by some scammers to phish for money from users through untrusted sites.
I think that due to anonymity, it is very hard to track down those people who uses bitcoin for scamming.
For me, I think you just invest amount ofnmeny that you can afford to lose. Secondly, just transact with secured sites and not fall for get rich quick schemes because most likely thisnis a scam.
It is your responsibility to stay away from untrusted sites and we should try to avoid this untrusted transactions. But I don’t think that bitcoin is a scam as many people in the world use it and it helps them to be financially stable and live a very good life. I helps people in earning money not  loosing it.

Many people have become millionaire due to it and by looking at all this no one will say that it is a spam instate I this that it is i great invention than has the power to change the world in the currency field and also change the whole currency system in the world. I is profitable to me and many people like me so I trust it.
Activity: 490
Merit: 110
October 31, 2017, 05:17:46 AM

the researchers didnt dig deeper about bitcoin and the story is focused on scams and other fraud but i never heard that they say directly that bitcoin is a fraud just putting the name of bitcoin in line with scams and ponzi schemes 
Activity: 630
Merit: 130
October 31, 2017, 04:48:38 AM
Bitcoin is now on so much exposure in public. Many of them are still curious about it. For me bitcoin is not a scam its some of the users who use bitcoin in scamming thats why many are not satisfy on the proofs that bitcoin is not scam coz many are still the victim of it while using bitcoin.
We cant stop them and we cannot blame bitcoin because this is not their fault, so the only thing that we should do is make or keep our accounts in private and as much as possible read a lot of details about bitcoin to avoid scam.
Activity: 151
Merit: 10
October 30, 2017, 10:22:15 PM
Scammers will be everywhere. It is not Bitcoins fault, it will always be under attack from scamming. You have to be smart with your money and maybe consider putting it in an offline wallet to avoid hacking or making bad decisions with your currency.
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
cancer sucks
October 30, 2017, 10:01:06 PM
It seems to me that OP is a stupid person who summed up his greed. Scammers always use this human weakness. What's bitcoin? This topic should be called "I'm a loser". But it is possible that this error was intentional. This theme was immediately picked up trolls. Maybe it's the strategy of opponents of bitcoin to discredit him.
     crooks are always looking to scam naive people, when someone calls with something to good to be true , it is. dont be scammed but blame the scammer
Activity: 420
October 30, 2017, 09:43:10 PM

it seems that bitcoin in this year is known to many people, yes even though not everyone on earth knows bitcoin, because if everyone on earth know the advantages of bitcoin transactions then bitcoin price will be very expensive.
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
October 30, 2017, 08:22:56 PM
I'll say so scammers were everywhere. but he had to understand that bitcoin is the next pyramid. And if not now, he would have lost his money in the future. I hope after that, the Philippines will also go to the ban of bitcoins and it will fall in price and popularity.

I don't understand your statement, bitcoin is the next pyramid? what is that? Scammers are everywhere, that is a given that is why we need to think first where to put our money. That call center agent seems to have some faults here not realizing the coin where he put his money at is a scam.
Activity: 782
Merit: 500
October 30, 2017, 08:13:29 PM
I don't feel it's a legit reason. There's plenty of scams going involving cash or credit card fraud for example.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
October 30, 2017, 08:10:28 PM
Bitcoin was not exposed, scammers were exposed I do not know why people do not buy their own coins instead of letting other people do it for them, they were asking to get scammed by buying bitcoin in that way.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
October 30, 2017, 06:15:22 PM
From what the news have said about bitcoin,  there are some people who really used bitcoin as a scam that's why  you really need to be fully aware in other sites you are going into, so you can't blame that news because the only people we need to blame is the scammers.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
October 30, 2017, 06:07:50 PM
It's not bitcoin that's the scam, it's those who are trying to steal bitcoin who're the scammers.  This type of stuff happens with every currency, but it happens more with bitcoin because bitcoin is the most versatile platform available on the internet ---> all that documentary proves is that the bitcoin platform is an extremely successful digital payment network.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 332
October 30, 2017, 05:20:52 PM

Whatever the above seem to portray , the point remains that scam is domicile in human life even Judas betrayed christ and sold him out.

We just have to be extra careful in our dealings and mindful of the exchanges because some disguise to defraud people.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
October 30, 2017, 02:32:32 PM
I want to say that Op should be careful when putting money or coins out either on the internet or physically because scamming is everywhere . While you trying to be legit in whatever you are doing, other people strive to take it away by illegal means. It do happen to people when you are gullible. Good luck next time.

with careful, i think we can prevent the bad things that will come out and we can avoid the bad ways that we want to take. but we know that bitcoin can also to be used for illegal thing, then we need to think how we want to use bitcoin in our daily life. if bitcoin is using for illegal think like scamming investment programs, then its only make bitcoin name become bad and there are no more people which is trust bitcoin and they will stay away from bitcoin and never use it again.
Activity: 770
Merit: 268
October 30, 2017, 11:54:27 AM
This kind of propaganda could only be propagated by People/entities/govt who do not have any idea about the bitcoin in first place. First thing a person purchase bitcoin from exchange or other seller. Purchased coins should be stored in valet whose private keys are with you. There is no third party involved here. If you invest in shi**tcoin then it is your fault.
Next point is these kind of so called investments are offered by many companies about the bitcoin as well. The cloud mining is notorious for that. A guy named Amit Bhardwaj has been doing these kind of con work for few years now. Starting iwth cloud mining with 10% per month. This guy has launched a shi*t coin for paying investors. Now same person is running 'bitcoin growth fund'. There are other con-artist or scammers who collected bitcoin from people for lucrative return. Interesting they managed to do it from different coutry that too without visiting that place and via agents.
Thus these kind of documentaries are nonsensical and full of fake information. These kind of tactics were working 10 to 15 years earlier. Those times internet was not so popular as it is today. Today any fake info could go viral initial but it busts that fast as well.
Activity: 292
October 30, 2017, 11:20:27 AM
There are millions of people in this world who think Bitcoin is a scam and it is a bubble which is going to pop soon and it is going to take down all of its investors. Some think it is because of the negative use of the currency and others think that the coin has no value as it is virtual. BTC wouldn't have raised so much if it would have been so bad as they call it. These are just the people who don't want the Bitcoin supporters to succeed in the community. Let them say whatever they want and let us stay together and make Bitcoin strong and sustainable.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
October 30, 2017, 11:04:04 AM
Bitcoin is exposed in a negative way ? Bitcoin can be used by many scammers and that is the saddest part in the whole picture. But I think that they should not expose it that way. Old users know how bitcoin helps them improving life. And before any feedbacks like that they should introduce bitcoin first not direct criticism.
Pages:
Jump to: