Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin failed as a currency - page 41. (Read 7186 times)

Activity: 67
Merit: 0
July 03, 2018, 06:23:03 AM
The way I see it, bitcoin is always going to be paired with everything.   Bitcoin gives other coins a value right now.  Atleast it looks this way.  When BTC price drops, everything else follows.   This is just my opinion and I hope someone else jumps in on this topic.  I know we have USDT right now and maybe soon that will be paired with all these other altcoins, but I see bitcoin to stick around forever being used as it is used right now.
Activity: 148
Merit: 1
July 03, 2018, 06:22:30 AM
Bitcoin is not a failed cryptocurrency many people are already gain profit in bitcoin may be for now bitcoin is tottaly down in the market right now but its not mean that bitcoin is a failed currency we can say that when bitcoin will recover and rise again
Activity: 168
July 03, 2018, 06:19:49 AM
Sure, bitcoin can not become a government currency, because every country has its own money. Bitcoin can only be used for exchange for online trading services; it replaces government cash in this segment for convenience, less cumbersome, time consuming. And more specifically, the volatility of the cryptocurrency market makes it difficult for bitcoin to become the official currency the government recognizes.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
July 03, 2018, 06:19:42 AM
Bitcoin was supposed to be used as a currency, not only a form of investment. However, it's been more successful as a form of investment, a "speculative asset".

Do you guys think that this can change in the long term ?

I think for now bitcoin cant be currency because fluctuations making it hard to do trade and transaction maybe if bitcoin become stable or more stable bitcoin can completely become currency. For now i just using bitcoin for investing
Activity: 114
Merit: 1
July 03, 2018, 06:12:32 AM
Bitcoin is sure to become a currency that can be used in everyday life, immediately after the introduction of technology Lighting Network. The whole world is already tokenized and this process can not be stopped.
Activity: 322
July 03, 2018, 06:02:49 AM
Recently, I have doubts about the prospects of bitcoin in the long term. I think it will be replaced by a younger cryptocurrency.
Activity: 140
July 03, 2018, 06:01:13 AM
No one can tell! Today, bitcoin as a form of investment did a great position in the community. Maybe later, it would comeback as a form of payment but as of to date better to stay in that kind of position.
Activity: 105
July 03, 2018, 05:46:22 AM
I think for now maybe bitcoin can not yet be declared as currency, although some countries have legalized it.
Many speculate that bitcoin will fail in the future because of its unstable price, but I am sure that with the advancement of crypto currency bitcoin will be accepted and can become a global currency.
Activity: 217
Merit: 22
July 03, 2018, 05:35:04 AM
I agree that Bitcoin is now more utilized as an asset for investment and trading than as a currency, I am guilty of that to be honest. Well who can blame us, I feel that I can maximize the good things I can get from by coins by utilizing it as an asset for my trading and investments. I find them so valuable for me to just use it to shop, we cannot deny the fact that, very rare establishments and businesses are accepting Bitcoins and more often than not these businesses are pricier than the others who do not accept Bitcoins as mode of payment.
Activity: 518
July 03, 2018, 04:15:50 AM
Probably i felt that bitcoin is not failed as a currency as you can see that there are some country are using bitcoin in purchasing their goods, payments of bills, and now i had latest information that bitcoin is using paying of school tuition in that country.
Activity: 218
Merit: 12
July 03, 2018, 03:50:42 AM
I think crypto currencies will stay as trading and speculative form of making money till the end. Some of them will be accepted as payment, but it won't be so popular.
Activity: 210
July 03, 2018, 03:47:15 AM
It looks like Bitcoin will remain an investment tool.
And Bitcoin will not turn into a currency.
This is very evident from several years
If Bitcoin is used for currency this is very risky.
Many countries do not legalize the use of Bitcoin because Bitcoin is Volatile.
Many of them are buying Bitcoin for long-term investment tools.
Activity: 457
Merit: 140
July 03, 2018, 03:26:36 AM
That's the big question, investment or paycoin. I believe that question will answer the future. Currently, the Bitcoin is seen as speculation.

The BTC can only prevail as a payment coup if the high volatility is gone.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
July 03, 2018, 03:15:14 AM
We can't say this thing right now because the future are still bright with bitcoin. Yeah, for now a lot of black propaganda just to ruins bitcoin reputation but I still believe in the future of this thing, bitcoin will become a major currency in the future. This is just the beginning.
For bitcoin to be a major currency it needs to be centralized by atleast one country but due to such volatile rates no country would take such chances fearing economic unstability , also bitcoin is not as secure as cash currency with so many scams happening around every now and then where bitcoin is directly indirectly involved. And yeah it was the Wanna Cry Malware which indeed made the bitcoins rates rocket flying a year back.
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
July 02, 2018, 01:55:13 PM
I think its too early to judge if the btc is s failure as currency.There are still enough time to ponder on this. If the whole community accept btc then it will a currency. In the future where heading on that.
Activity: 422
Merit: 9
July 02, 2018, 01:49:29 PM
No Bitcoin not fail as a currency.Because Bitcoin is a secure and profitable currency.We already seen it last couple of years and I can say future is coming.Bitcoin will be one of the top currency to be use.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
July 02, 2018, 01:38:58 PM
Bitcoin was supposed to be used as a currency, not only a form of investment. However, it's been more successful as a form of investment, a "speculative asset".

I think more of bitcoin as an investment.not likely to be a currency. I do not think that's possible. and also we know that there are many countries that can not accept bitcoin as a legal means of payment. this becomes one of the factors.
Activity: 125
Merit: 2
July 02, 2018, 11:02:26 AM
Btc is still very young and even so it is still used as a medium of exchange for some online business. Maybe as more and more countries accept Btc, its use as a currency will increase
Activity: 135
Merit: 12
Call me Mr. Hans
July 02, 2018, 10:09:33 AM

there's a compromise between speed and security and i think bitcoin should go on the security road. Decentralized, versatile and very very secured it's the way i like my savings. i don't want to pay my coffee with bitcoin  but i want a system that guarantees fairness. Bitcoin it's a place to put your savings not to use it to buy food or coffee. I'm not buying coffee with my life savings anyway. This shit with printing money has to stop. Nobody knows how much they print, nobody knows if the money printed are backed by something or not. Not to speak that every printed dollar calls for another printed dollar (because of % interest).
At the moment i feel like playing monopoly with other people that are the bank and change the rules as they see fit to take my money as quickly as possible.

Life is free, you did not do or pay anything for it in any way and you won't take with you anything material from here when you go. So why not chase real values like freedom and love in you life instead of money and greed?
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
July 02, 2018, 10:04:25 AM

I agree with your observation.  Supposedly, bitcoin will be used as a currency but as what we experience right now, people keep holding it and consider it as an asset that is good for long time investment.  Even many establishments nowadays also accept bitcoin as a currency, the number of people with a mentality that in the future it will have an intrinsic value is greater than those people who consider it as a good choice to use as currency in their daily transaction.  As the time goes by and more establishment will accept it as a mode of transaction, I think people perspective on bitcoin will change and use it as currency as well.
Yes bitcoin must use as a currency because it is the reason why it is created but the people are getting in touch with bitcoin making it as a investment due to its very high price, most expensive on the market. What bitcoin makes a speculative asset is its volatility, we're all aware of that and that might be the goal of some investors, to get short trades on bitcoin for profit.
Pages:
Jump to: