Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin failed as a currency - page 84. (Read 7186 times)

Activity: 63
Merit: 1
May 28, 2018, 09:14:35 AM
I think that yes it can change after it has shown stability and will be adopted in large states. Then there will be a clear vision of the regulation of crypto-currencies
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
May 28, 2018, 09:08:06 AM
Bitcoin was supposed to be used as a currency, not only a form of investment. However, it's been more successful as a form of investment, a "speculative asset".

Do you guys think that this can change in the long term ?

I think it really do failed on being a currency. Bitcoin price is so volatile and this way we could think that btc is not good to called as a currency.  If ever in the long term run when btc could stabilise then I think that we can call it to be like the other currency.
Activity: 9
May 28, 2018, 08:59:20 AM
Progress on Lightning Network is faster than I imagined in my wildest dreams...

You guys will make big eyes
Activity: 24
May 28, 2018, 08:58:01 AM
Bitcoin is not scalable, it won't be used as currency if this problem is not solved.
Activity: 82
May 28, 2018, 08:55:51 AM
If bitcoin will continue to lead among other cryptocurrency, then it will always be an investment tool. As a means of payment, people will use less liquid cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 413
Merit: 10
● KEEP CALM & HODL ●
May 28, 2018, 08:37:04 AM
Bitcoin was supposed to be used as a currency, not only a form of investment. However, it's been more successful as a form of investment, a "speculative asset".

All of it has a process for everyone to use basically, but for now people are more concerned with the benefits that will be in the price of Bitcoin is getting higher.
Activity: 100
May 28, 2018, 08:34:24 AM

Bitcoin while this is just as an investment but did not rule out bitcoin will become the official currency of a country. For all that requires careful preparation, not all countries that have a comprehensive internet connection, also provide an understanding for the layman about bitcoin etc.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
May 28, 2018, 08:30:46 AM

Why, now this crypto currency is well perceived in the society, a lot of respect, and the crypto currency itself shows itself at a level, and I think you can trust it, a great future awaits.
Activity: 7
May 28, 2018, 08:26:04 AM
Bitcion have time bad
Activity: 205
May 28, 2018, 08:24:37 AM
I don't think so. As for me, Bitcoin is a powerful coin with the great future and I am sure that it will become the main currency in the future. In the nearest future we will see great changes in the whole system
Activity: 504
Merit: 5
May 28, 2018, 08:18:50 AM
Yes bitcoin has really failed as a currency since its all about investment and profit making which was not the original purpose of its creation. Many crypto enthusiasts prefer to use bitcoin for investment instead of payment method which makes it to only be more useful on the internet alone. I believe bitcoin can only perform as a currency if investors decides to use it as a form of payment both online and offline.
Activity: 238
Greentoken-invest in ecology
May 28, 2018, 04:00:24 AM

I agree to that. Bitcoin is more of investment, a profit making strategy than its original concept of being currency. If you try to look at now, many investors are now into Bitcoin because they want to have profit rather than use bitcoin as payment method.
Activity: 308
May 28, 2018, 03:57:09 AM
I think that bitcoin will remain and many other currencies will go bankrupt
Activity: 391
May 28, 2018, 03:53:23 AM
I think it wouldn't. Besides, by that, bitcoin has been purposely working. That's what I really admire in this currency as it serves as an investment too where profits can be met.
Activity: 504
May 28, 2018, 03:44:25 AM

Nope. I think bitcoins are far too small to be used as a global currency. It caters to probably a small country but not the whole world. Bitcoin supply is too small to handle the world even if the value of each bitcoin is so expensive. Maybe we can have some cryptocurrency as a fiat money, but not bitcoin.
Activity: 56
May 28, 2018, 02:49:15 AM
The first function of a currency is to serve as a stable medium of exchange, a store of value and a unit of account which Bitcoin does not posses as of the moment, that's why its more of a speculative asses since its value is volatile. Maybe in the long run if the government permits and legalize cryptocurrency and meet its requirements, then it could be a new currency.
Activity: 406
Merit: 117
May 28, 2018, 02:23:19 AM

What are you saying bitcoin failed as a currency? Base on knowledge bitcoin creates as digital currency, not a currency. There is a significant difference between currency and digital currency. If you say digital currency, it means required an internet connection. If you tell currency, it involves physical such as paper money or physical coins. Yes, there is more shareholder of bitcoin use as form of investment because of the volatility and the potential of value increase by years go by.
Activity: 308
Merit: 146
May 28, 2018, 02:22:42 AM
It is unlikely that bitcoin will collapse in the foreseeable future. The upcoming hardcore can well pat his nerves, but absolutely surely does not put a cross on the first and most popular currency. The most negative scenario is after the appearance of B2X, when there may be a rollback of bitcoins, but most likely, after a few weeks, bitcoin will go to storm new highs
Activity: 630
Merit: 102
May 28, 2018, 02:03:22 AM
Bitcoin has not failed as a  currency, I know what you expect. You want to start shopping in every part of the world with bitcoin and also pay for services. All those things you are expecting are coming soon.
Activity: 24
May 28, 2018, 01:56:13 AM

To answer this question right now, look at how the top 100 purses of bitcoin behave. What do you see? They are bought, and bought. I want to tell you more: a little of them, even the price is not important. I read one article, which analyzed the purchase of bitcoin all the time. And do you know what happened? Some whales buy at the peak of popularity! If you do not believe, then you can read here.
http://prosphero.io/top-100-bitcoin-wallets-main-characteristics-and-owners-trading-behavior/
Pages:
Jump to: