Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin finally legal in India - page 17. (Read 9453 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 152
September 19, 2017, 05:59:34 PM
That's only the first step to over the work bitcoin's legalization. It's a bit funny that at the same time such big process are happening in the world, from a one side China and it's banning and India with legalization. I hope in nearly future will happen something more positive around bitcoin what will bring it back in 5000$ point.
Activity: 255
Merit: 10
September 19, 2017, 05:50:24 PM
feeling awesome to hear the news.Hope our country will accept bitcoin soon.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
September 19, 2017, 05:43:16 PM
"Suddenly, Bitcoin to Be Officially Legal in India"
posted Jule 20, 2017
https://cointelegraph.com/news/suddenly-bitcoin-to-be-officially-legal-in-india

Bitcoin exchanges in India have been able to operate but they have been self-regulating using strict Know Your Customer and Anti Money Laundering measures https://veratad.com/solutions/identity-verification/ in place. These areas will now fall under government regulation.

Funny side note--a member of the parliament in India likened Bitcoin to a Ponzi scheme as recently as March of this year. Pretty wild.
"In a letter to the Finance Ministry and the Reserve Bank of India, Somaiya explained that Bitcoin is a pyramid Ponzi-type scheme. However, Somaiya was criticized for his inability to understand the structural and fundamental difference between a Ponzi scheme and Bitcoin."

What! I never read this before.. There is still a mixed feeling about Cryptos in India.. But thank you for the share
Activity: 392
Merit: 123
September 19, 2017, 05:24:59 PM
posted Jule 20, 2017

Bitcoin exchanges in India have been able to operate but they have been self-regulating using strict Know Your Customer and Anti Money Laundering measures https://veratad.com/solutions/identity-verification/ in place. These areas will now fall under government regulation.

Funny side note--a member of the parliament in India likened Bitcoin to a Ponzi scheme as recently as March of this year. Pretty wild.
"In a letter to the Finance Ministry and the Reserve Bank of India, Somaiya explained that Bitcoin is a pyramid Ponzi-type scheme. However, Somaiya was criticized for his inability to understand the structural and fundamental difference between a Ponzi scheme and Bitcoin."

Good to hear that. But i hope it will not be regulated and ruled over by the Indian government or else you will have your limits or you will not be free anymore.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
September 19, 2017, 03:47:41 PM

Business related bitcoin without fear, use it so too. Should change this OP. Hopefully this "legalization" makes buying bitcoins in India cheaper than before. I do not care about India's trading platform.
bitcoin is a growing economy whose countries accepting btc try to create a particular hindrance to the altcoins.
I was expecting this because recently when Chinese government banned bitcoins in their country as it was continuously effecting their economy, this gave opportunity to the other countries to clear their stance for bitcoins. India has legalize bitcoins in their country in order to make their economy strong and to compete with China.
Activity: 12
September 19, 2017, 10:07:57 AM
That is actually strange, after the overnight-seizing-of-money by the corrupt Modi I expected India to try very hard to oppose crypto currencies. Well, I guess they figuered hey would be better off just monitoring the exchanges and the people using them instead.
Activity: 457
Merit: 262
September 19, 2017, 10:07:00 AM
^^^ I am a resident of India (although I am holding the Nepalese passport). And I can assure you that Bitcoins are not 100% legal in India. Coin Telegraph is notorious for churning out fake stories in order to increase the viewership and this new article is another example of the third rate journalism from that particular media channel.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
September 19, 2017, 10:05:45 AM
A good move by the Indian government, This is the progress of digital money in India. With the inauguration of bitcoin in India increasingly strengthens bitcoin as a digital currency than any other digital currency.
Activity: 434
September 19, 2017, 10:03:52 AM
posted Jule 20, 2017

It is good to hear to some country that legalize bitcoin because in that way bitcoin have a chance that bitcoin can be the future coin ever.
Activity: 602
Merit: 252
September 19, 2017, 09:35:09 AM
Highly anticipated move by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to allow Bitcoin and altcoin cryptocurrency exchanges to operate by legalizing them. Not only is India a big place for Bitcoin to be used and spread across, it is also a hub for crypto enthusiasts coming up with great startups. Expect more startups to implement Bitcoin system.
Also, the RBI has set a foot forward to begin its own cryptocoin called 'Lakshmi' if anyone has heard about this news. Legalizing Bitcoin was clearly the first step in the right direction but it is likely to face many hurdles, the main one being that the coin would be centralized. The whole crypto community appreciates and accepts decentralized system over a centralized one so it would be a hard job of making it work.
Activity: 140
September 19, 2017, 09:12:22 AM
I think this is news that surprises us all, because India has a strict government on the rules of digital currency. But if that's the case, it can be good news for us all after the Chinese government has all the ICO activities in the country.
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
🌟ATLANT ICO: 7/09/17🌟
September 19, 2017, 09:01:40 AM
I read an article about 1 month before this post was written and it talked about how bitcoin would be a great success in india especially because many people don't have bank accounts. nice news Smiley
Activity: 263
September 17, 2017, 03:51:17 AM
just imagine, if 100 million of them buy $100 worth of BTC each.. thats some crazy mcap addition to the crypto world  Grin
And this is be the good news for us bitcoin community, not exact the value but there is a replacement for what the china do in banning the bitcoin
Activity: 39
September 17, 2017, 03:46:47 AM

Business related bitcoin without fear, use it so too. Should change this OP. Hopefully this "legalization" makes buying bitcoins in India cheaper than before. I do not care about India's trading platform.
bitcoin is a growing economy whose countries accepting btc try to create a particular hindrance to the altcoins.
Activity: 339
Merit: 102
September 09, 2017, 07:03:11 AM
this is a good news, the more countries that make bitcoin legal, it's a good step forward for bitcoin. I hope that in the future all countries will make bitcoin is a legal
Yes exactly it is a very good news especially for Indians, because they would now be able to buy anything in their country and outside their country. They will no more need any paper currency and would be free from the government to do anything with their bitcoin.

It is also the sign that now the governments are taking interest in bitcoin. They have realized the importance and benefits of bitcoin.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 105
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh |🔥Launchpad on TON
September 04, 2017, 05:38:24 AM
this is a good news, the more countries that make bitcoin legal, it's a good step forward for bitcoin. I hope that in the future all countries will make bitcoin is a legal
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
August 30, 2017, 04:22:34 AM
If true bitcoin is legalized in India, this is a great advance, hopefully all other countries can legalize bitcoin

I am from India, and I am very sorry to tell you that this is a fake news. Bitcoin is not yet 100% legal in India. The Reserve Bank of India has warned Indian citizens against using Bitcoin and till now it hasn't made it clear whether Bitcoin should be considered as a currency or as an asset.
Activity: 686
August 30, 2017, 04:19:56 AM
We'll Indians realized that bitcoin is the future, they're well known too as as advance thinkers and strong belief in technology and innovation.
Activity: 46
August 30, 2017, 03:57:26 AM
If true bitcoin is legalized in India, this is a great advance, hopefully all other countries can legalize bitcoin

Of course... be ready for the domino effect Wink
Activity: 1974
Merit: 586
Free Crypto Faucet in Trustdice
August 30, 2017, 03:46:53 AM
Pages:
Jump to: