Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin goes to 1200-1300 (within a month?) - page 33. (Read 79052 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Me, myself and I
^yup. Just enjoy these good low prices as time to accumulate what you can before it takes off.

Best advice I've heard in a long time. It's pure common sense, and simple basic math.
Yeah many people choose to be holder. Long term is good because we have assumtion price will up before halving. Even we must wait one year again
legendary
Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000
Never compromise your standards!
^yup. Just enjoy these good low prices as time to accumulate what you can before it takes off.

Best advice I've heard in a long time. It's pure common sense, and simple basic math.
Activity: 588
legendary
more and more users declining prices bitcoin, perhaps only in dreams bitcoin could reach 1300$ for 1 bitcoin

Even a blind person should be able to see that BTC will eventually be in the multiple thousands of dollars. But even as this next crisis unfolds, the majority are still in denial.

http://www.coindesk.com/tim-draper-says-banks-hugely-threatened-bitcoin/

The banks have also manipulated the price of gold, but they are rapidly losing control. Many of the services banks provide are going to rapidly become obsolete.

http://www.businessinsider.com/bnp-paribas-bitcoin-blockchain-securities-firms-redundant-2015-7?r=UK

It's very similar to what the Internet did to newspapers, but exponentially more important, because this REVOLUTION is about MONEY.

Activity: 462
Merit: 251
Target: Between $800-$1300 per 1 BTC

Question in 2022 :

What is the bitcoin ?

It was a good idea and Attracted millions of Dollars between 2011 to 2015 . but now it is dead and it's nothing more than some bits in some lap tops and PCs...... Who are the losers ? Of course Buyers

I think the biggest loser is someone that lurks on a forum about a coin who he thinks is dead....
yes i agree with you, he should have known better if bitcoin will have a greater value in the future. because bitcoin will be increasingly scarce in the future
Activity: 693

Question in 2022 :

What is the bitcoin ?

It was a good idea and Attracted millions of Dollars between 2011 to 2015 . but now it is dead and it's nothing more than some bits in some lap tops and PCs...... Who are the losers ? Of course Buyers

I think the biggest loser is someone that lurks on a forum about a coin who he thinks is dead....
legendary

Question in 2022 :

What is the bitcoin ?

Far more likely they will be saying that about the central banks, and the bankrupt system of fiat currency. The majority of the world's bankers are living a fantasy that's about to collapse.

Bitcoin tends to enforce responsibility.

http://demonocracy.info/infographics/usa/world_debt/world_debt.html

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/212263-cbo-us-deficit-levels-unsustainable

Amazing how stupid the average person is...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kotlikoff/2015/05/13/17-nobel-laureates-and-1200-economists-agree-with-ben-carson-re-u-s-fiscal-gap/

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
more and more users declining prices bitcoin, perhaps only in dreams bitcoin could reach 1300$ for 1 bitcoin
Activity: 546

Question in 2022 :

What is the bitcoin ?

legendary
it sounds impossible,but who knows. we are a magic world,everything could happen. i think all of us hope it rising,the reasonable price around 300-400

There are about 1.4 TRILLION US Dollars in circulation. The value is artificially set with nothing real to back them other than "The full faith of the US government".

There are only a little more than 14 Million Bitcoins available. The value is set by difficulty and energy it takes to bring them into existence, and a consensus among all who use them. They also have "Special Powers" not endowed to ordinary fiat currency... There is no central bank, they cannot be stolen if properly kept, and they can be sent to anyone, anywhere in the world almost instantly.

Imagine for a minute where the value of Bitcoin would be if only a small percentage of the 9 billion people on Earth wanted to own one... 

@vtr99 It's all about advertisement and how people can use it, which sector of life? everything is possible, the last crash make many coins decrease its value

As reported by coinmarketcap.com, about 40% of all coins listed are no longer active. The coins that are no longer around didn't have any real use other than mining them at their peak and exchanging them for more valuable coins, or just selling them for a quick gain. Every down cycle since Bitcoin's inception has made coins decrease in value. In the beginning we used to see maybe a couple cycles a week. The up cycles have slowed because so many lemmings are only in it for short term gains. That is why I've been saying for the last couple years the coming big market crash is going to change things big time (you can look back at my posts and predictions). Let's compare notes in a couple months. The crypto scene is about to change quite dramatically.  Smiley

http://www.coindesk.com/litecoin-first-mining-reward-decline/

Pretty amazing timing if you ask me.

Activity: 532
it sounds impossible,but who knows. we are a magic world,everything could happen. i think all of us hope it rising,the reasonable price around 300-400

There are about 1.4 TRILLION US Dollars in circulation. The value is artificially set with nothing real to back them other than "The full faith of the US government".

There are only a little more than 14 Million Bitcoins available. The value is set by difficulty and energy it takes to bring them into existence, and a consensus among all who use them. They also have "Special Powers" not endowed to ordinary fiat currency... There is no central bank, they cannot be stolen if properly kept, and they can be sent to anyone, anywhere in the world almost instantly.

Imagine for a minute where the value of Bitcoin would be if only a small percentage of the 9 billion people on Earth wanted to own one... 

@vtr99 It's all about advertisement and how people can use it, which sector of life? everything is possible, the last crash make many coins decrease its value
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
I don't understand the hate on vrt99, from what briefly i've read he made a killing buying cheap mega and selling it at the top, so whats the problem?
At the end of the day the only safe place in crypto is Bitcoin, so anytime you make good profits from an altcoin you know it's to dump, unless you really believe in the project long term and the project is radically different from Bitcoin, not some altcoin with some gimmick feature. In this case Maidsafe is something I would hold way longer than your average alt, for example.
legendary
We havent even gotten over the major hurdle yet, and thats the current situation.

The whole xt news and bitcoin split can probably handicap this price value of every single persons suggestion on what it`ll be in the future.

Think of the now, rather then 14 years later. If people test the xt, and fail to see its any good thats when bitcoin will probably take a serious hit before any upward trend.

when i use $$ to buy bitcoin and then use that bitcoin to buy services or products, I see where bitcoin limitations are: it is in fleecing that's going on.
Example:
1. buying bitcoin with $ on coinbase (not the exchange) results in 1% fee plus you pay the "coinbase" price that is typically 0.5% higher.
So, for every $1 in bitcoin, you spend 1.5c more.
2. you are buying from merchant using bitpay and suddenly you end up paying 0.8-1.5% more (maybe because bitpay consistently uses lower price than coinbase)
3. bottom line: it routinely cost you 1+0.5+0.8=2.3%, which is almost the same as paypal when merchant asks for the paypal extra (2.1%)

So, where is the price advantage?
It is nowhere to be seen and until ALL major bitcoin merchants will introduce 4-5% discount very few people would use bitcoin, unless other payment methods are much slower.

The best reason to buy Bitcoin is to protect yourself from what's coming. In my opinion only a fool would buy BTC in order to spend it right away. That is unless you needed to make a foreign transaction, or some type of purchase where a credit card wouldn't work well. The US dollar has nowhere to go but down in the long term. It's buying power continues to be eroded by many factors. Unsustainable debt, money printing/inflation, and increasing lack of confidence.
Growth of the Internet was exponentially slower than the growth of crypto. Each year Bitcoin's infrastructure grows leaps and bounds. Since there is a very limited supply of many crypto coins, and fiat continues to lose ground, the real winners are going to be those who hold their coins the longest. We see minimum wage moving towards $15 an hour in many states. It isn't hard to imagine where exchange rates will be in the near future.

My point is that bitcoin would not have spending utility if you are fleeced 2.1% extra if you want to buy something with it, but start with $$.
In such situation, transaction rates would not move much, limiting the growth of the whole ecosystem
Without serious purchasing utility, it is only a potential saving vehicle, but this thesis was severely tested in the last 21 mo.
It very well may be that btc/$$ exchange rate will increase in the future, but there is no indication for this yet.
I am still in favor of bitcoin odds in the long term, though.

Every investment has risks. In my opinion the massive list of positives for BTC far outweighs the decent size list of negatives.
We have perfect market conditions for a tidal wave of investment. So some of us may not have gotten in at the beginning, but compared to where prices have been BTC looks quite cheap. If you look at most market, or stocks that survive for the long term, previous highs are almost always exceeded. Especially where underlying fundamentals are still in play... Check on that one. Compared to most currencies, shares of stock, or rare commodities, BTC is extremely rare. If a bunch of investors decided they wanted to own one Bitcoin, that alone could send the price sky high. The other positive is liquidity, portability, and security, BTC wins against anything else I can think of. Patience will be the most important factor.

I agree 2.1% isn't cheap, but compared to credit cards, Western Union, and many others, it's a relative bargain when you consider the opportunity for price appreciation. BTC has many of the features of cash, and gold combined. Superior in most ways, and lacking in a few others. It certainly has a part to play in any forward thinking individuals portfolio...
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
We havent even gotten over the major hurdle yet, and thats the current situation.

The whole xt news and bitcoin split can probably handicap this price value of every single persons suggestion on what it`ll be in the future.

Think of the now, rather then 14 years later. If people test the xt, and fail to see its any good thats when bitcoin will probably take a serious hit before any upward trend.

when i use $$ to buy bitcoin and then use that bitcoin to buy services or products, I see where bitcoin limitations are: it is in fleecing that's going on.
Example:
1. buying bitcoin with $ on coinbase (not the exchange) results in 1% fee plus you pay the "coinbase" price that is typically 0.5% higher.
2. you are buying from merchant using bitpay and suddenly you end up paying 0.8-1.5% more (maybe because bitpay consistently uses lower price than coinbase)
3. bottom line: it routinely cost you 1+0.5+0.8=2.3%, which is almost the same as paypal when merchant asks for the paypal extra (2.1%)

It is nowhere to be seen and until ALL major bitcoin merchants will introduce 4-5% discount very few people would use bitcoin, unless other payment methods are much slower.

The best reason to buy Bitcoin is to protect yourself from what's coming. In my opinion only a fool would buy BTC in order to spend it right away. That is unless you needed to make a foreign transaction, or some type of purchase where a credit card wouldn't work well. The US dollar has nowhere to go but down in the long term. It's buying power continues to be eroded by many factors. Unsustainable debt, money printing/inflation, and increasing lack of confidence.
Growth of the Internet was exponentially slower than the growth of crypto. Each year Bitcoin's infrastructure grows leaps and bounds. Since there is a very limited supply of many crypto coins, and fiat continues to lose ground, the real winners are going to be those who hold their coins the longest. We see minimum wage moving towards $15 an hour in many states. It isn't hard to imagine where exchange rates will be in the near future.

My point is that bitcoin would not have spending utility if you are fleeced 2.1% extra if you want to buy something with it, but start with $$.
In such situation, transaction rates would not move much, limiting the growth of the whole ecosystem
Without serious purchasing utility, it is only a potential saving vehicle, but this thesis was severely tested in the last 21 mo.
It very well may be that btc/$$ exchange rate will increase in the future, but there is no indication for this yet.
I am still in favor of bitcoin odds in the long term, though.
legendary

Example:

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848

Example:

Activity: 826

Activity: 130
Merit: 100
Bitcoin still has so many security issues in my mind. I myself have lost atleast $3,000 to advanced scammers. I feel the value can still go up, but as far as a world wide currency I just don't see it "yet".
legendary
The smart money has to go somewhere. Always nice to pick up some BTC at super cheap prices.    Grin

I try to stay away from finite predictions, but I think it's safe to say if the DOW drops to 10,000 or below, we will be looking at $600 to $1,000 Bitcoin or more.

Fiat is in BIG trouble.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-08-25/china-s-yuan-shock-gives-carry-trade-crowd-worst-year-since-08
legendary
Everything will be fine, trust me.

2nd incorrect prediction?
Pages:
Jump to: