Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Gold online wallet: mybtgwallet - page 2. (Read 5813 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113
November 18, 2017, 11:03:58 AM
just to let you know:

The Bitcoin Gold network is now available and BTG transactions are supported by Ledger.

Instructions can be found here:
https://ledger.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005456969-How-to-use-Bitcoin-Gold-with-Ledger

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
November 17, 2017, 04:08:45 PM
PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE.  Shocked Shocked Shocked

JUST MOVE YOUR BTC FUNDS TO A NEW WALLET WITH NEW PRIVATE KEYS. ALL SAFE.

Then use your OLD private key, you will NEVER lose your BTC.
Activity: 163
Merit: 10
November 17, 2017, 03:58:57 PM
So, does at least bitcoin-qt aka Bitcoin Gold Core on their site is legit?

I'm syncing right now with network, but wondering if it's save to use it -_-

Used it, claimed the btg, all good.
It is exactly the bitcoin core client adapted to btg.
Enjoy.
November 17, 2017, 03:58:02 PM
Jaxx,Exodus,Blockchain and I am sure there are more with multicurrencies.
You create your wallet and you get your Seed at the beginning.
After that you create addresses (with priv keys) for whatever currency is supported.
legendary
November 17, 2017, 03:26:32 PM
Wow, I can't believe this. Maybe I can. I'm a victim as well. Looks like some folks had it a lot worse than me. They only stole HALF my bitcoin balance (and most of my ETH). I think the high fees saved my ass or something. But it sure sucks to be suckered. We all learned a valuable lesson...don't trust ANYONE...even official sources who endorse wallets. Sucks to lose $500 worth of BTC. I hope we can track these MFers down.

what i don't get: why did you lose ETH? did they ask you for you ETH private key?

That is a very simple problem.

When you create a wallet for a "Multicoin Software Wallet", that seed is for the whole wallet no mather how many types of coins you hold into it.
The Private key of one address is just for that specific address only.

In other words : If someone gets a private key, he gets access only to that address wich is paired with that specific private key and if someone gets your 12,15,18 words passphrase (Mnemonic), he gets access to the WHOLE wallet no matter how many types of coins you hold into that wallet.

The passphrase is kindda of a text represeantation of a wallet.dat file.

I said that before, but here you go again.

If you put your passphrase on mybtgwallet.com please move all the coins that were into that wallet, not only the BTC (if there are some left).

I update this post with some new information.It seems that a new clone of the website is online : https://mybitgoldwallet.com/.  This looks exactly like the old one, BEWARE.

multicurrency wallets with one seed? but why the hell put in the seed on a website when you have a private key for each BTC address if you are using jaxx.

ate there other multi-coin wallets?
Activity: 12
Merit: 1
November 17, 2017, 03:16:16 PM
So, does at least bitcoin-qt aka Bitcoin Gold Core on their site is legit?

I'm syncing right now with network, but wondering if it's save to use it -_-
Activity: 882
Merit: 403
November 17, 2017, 02:34:07 PM
Seems legit. But do not trust it that much just yet. I know it has already been a long wait for people like you who have bitcoin gold because the development is pretty slow. But there are just things in life you cannot rush. So i suggest you wait a little more to be aure on where you put your bitcoingold. This is just a friendly advice, if you tale it, then good, if not then i wish you good luck and that you don't lose you btg.
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
November 17, 2017, 01:14:16 PM
Wow, I can't believe this. Maybe I can. I'm a victim as well. Looks like some folks had it a lot worse than me. They only stole HALF my bitcoin balance (and most of my ETH). I think the high fees saved my ass or something. But it sure sucks to be suckered. We all learned a valuable lesson...don't trust ANYONE...even official sources who endorse wallets. Sucks to lose $500 worth of BTC. I hope we can track these MFers down.

what i don't get: why did you lose ETH? did they ask you for you ETH private key?

When you create a wallet for a "Multicoin Software Wallet", that seed is for the whole wallet no mather how many types of coins you hold into it.

In other words : If someone gets a private key, he gets access only to that address wich is paired with that specific private key and if someone gets your 12,15,18 words passphrase (Mnemonic), he gets access to the WHOLE wallet no matter how many types of coins you hold into that wallet.

If you put your passphrase on mybtgwallet.com please move all the coins that were into that wallet, not only the BTC (if there are some left).

I update this post with some new information.It seems that a new clone of the website is online : https://mybitgoldwallet.com/.  This looks exactly like the old one, BEWARE.
There seems to be more scams for this coin out, just go to btcgpu then download their wallet.
November 17, 2017, 12:01:30 PM

I update this post with some new information.It seems that a new clone of the website is online : https://mybitgoldwallet.com/.  This looks exactly like the old one, BEWARE.
Activity: 350
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
November 17, 2017, 11:53:11 AM
seems fishy mybtgwallet. dont store your coin if there is no clarification about it. dont risk your coin on something not trusted as this web
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
CryptoPuzzle.com developer
November 17, 2017, 11:45:51 AM
Oh my god it's such a losss, too much sad story here ! Your BTC private key are the same that BTC private key if you didn't move your BTC. DON'T SHARE YOUR PRIVATE KEY WITH ANYBODY !
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
November 17, 2017, 11:41:34 AM
Good question. I don't know how they pulled it off, but they must have been able to backdoor my Jaxx wallet or something. I noticed that when I installed the exodus wallet and put in my jaxx generated 12 word seed, BOTH ETH and BTC balances showed up (it was like .064 for BTC and like .015 for ETH...what they left me with).

But that's why I thought it was someone who hacked my Jaxx wallet. Maybe they were able to some software to find out that it was my Jaxx wallet and got accees to ETH was well. Who knows...makes no sense... they would have had to know my 4 digit PIN on Jaxx right? It is quite bizarre I will say that...

That is why it is safe to use separate wallet for each account so that when this type of problem happens you are saved if they are not able to hack other accounts. I never use new wallets which are always compromised. It is better to use the official wallet with the coins original. I am using Electrum wallet for BTC and myetherwallet for ETH and its related coins. So in future any problem occurs i should be saved it.
Activity: 4
November 17, 2017, 11:32:15 AM
Good question. I don't know how they pulled it off, but they must have been able to backdoor my Jaxx wallet or something. I noticed that when I installed the exodus wallet and put in my jaxx generated 12 word seed, BOTH ETH and BTC balances showed up (it was like .064 for BTC and like .015 for ETH...what they left me with).

But that's why I thought it was someone who hacked my Jaxx wallet. Maybe they were able to some software to find out that it was my Jaxx wallet and got accees to ETH was well. Who knows...makes no sense... they would have had to know my 4 digit PIN on Jaxx right? It is quite bizarre I will say that...
legendary
November 17, 2017, 11:24:47 AM

Activity: 4
November 17, 2017, 11:22:35 AM
November 17, 2017, 10:50:39 AM
The heat just started, many and many more will come.
Now the website just shows a field where you can input your address and check balance, not even on https.....
The is no official statement yet.
The users that were scammed just keep comming.
Activity: 29
November 17, 2017, 10:45:58 AM
I lost 0.76 BTC! These were all my savings
Activity: 7
November 17, 2017, 09:30:29 AM
so wait people shared their keys and seeds in a website and they were expecting it NOT to be a scam?
November 17, 2017, 06:10:43 AM
its really disgusting that they posted the link on their website. it was visible under the countdown. if the BTC Gold dudes were trapped to then they are really amateurish. but i have to admit that they have to be connected. to prove this will be really hard.

It will be really hard indeed but we started to do some connections. The good thing is that on the blockchain you can not erase your footprints.
legendary
November 17, 2017, 06:08:42 AM
its really disgusting that they posted the link on their website. it was visible under the countdown. if the BTC Gold dudes were trapped to then they are really amateurish. but i have to admit that they have to be connected. to prove this will be really hard.
Pages:
Jump to: