Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin halving how will it affect price? - page 2. (Read 4655 times)

legendary
Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061
October 12, 2016, 04:37:42 PM
The Bitcoin halving doubles the mining difficulty. Imagine if we never had any halving at all. Then people can simply buy a mining rig and mine a lot of number of BTC possible. That would mean a lot of BTC were already be mined as of now and more BTC in circulation means lesser price unless a group of people would hold a big percentage of the total number of Bitcoins in circulation.

Bitcoin halving makes it difficult to mine Bitcoins. That means it would come to the point that the number of Bitcoins in circulation isn't even increasing that much because of the high difficulty of mining. The total BTC in circulation would almost remain the same as day passes by and as more and more people invest in that remaining amount of BTC in circulation, the price would be higher.

I don't think this is quite right, the halving is about the number of coins issued. Halving the inflation of supply is so that total number will never exceed 21million of them.

Mining difficulty is to try and keep the the rate of issuance stable. Ie if someone with better technology starts getting more then difficulty increases to compensate, if people with all the fancy hardware stopped mining then difficulty would decrease.

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
October 12, 2016, 03:30:13 PM
i thnk there is still a long time to next halving, so it is difficult to predict in advance but hope that just like previous halving for this time the price of bitcoin is going to increase and will not drop.
copper member
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
Post your ann & bounty just contact me
October 12, 2016, 10:14:16 AM
maybe arround 1 year after halving will make bitcoin price rising again Smiley
in fact the price of bitfcoin is more stable after halving.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
October 12, 2016, 10:07:30 AM
The Bitcoin halving doubles the mining difficulty. Imagine if we never had any halving at all. Then people can simply buy a mining rig and mine a lot of number of BTC possible. That would mean a lot of BTC were already be mined as of now and more BTC in circulation means lesser price unless a group of people would hold a big percentage of the total number of Bitcoins in circulation.

Bitcoin halving makes it difficult to mine Bitcoins. That means it would come to the point that the number of Bitcoins in circulation isn't even increasing that much because of the high difficulty of mining. The total BTC in circulation would almost remain the same as day passes by and as more and more people invest in that remaining amount of BTC in circulation, the price would be higher.
Activity: 336
October 12, 2016, 03:50:50 AM
People keep saying that the price of the bitcoin is going to half becuase the bitcoin is going to half but the halving does not mean that the bitcoin is going ot half but that the amount of bitcoins are at the half!
Activity: 476
October 12, 2016, 03:36:04 AM
The next halving in 2020 will for sure have a big effect on the price I think we are going to be seeing a new all time high.
I am saving up as many bitcoin as I can for that next halving to profit from it as much as possible.
Activity: 364
October 12, 2016, 03:27:21 AM
Do you all really think that the halvinf will affect the price of the bitcoin i dont think that would happen becuase lots of people think that the price will affect but i dont think
that would ever happen believe me halving has nothing to do with the bitcoin price.
Activity: 244
October 12, 2016, 03:27:21 AM
I dont think it will affect the price of the bitcoin becuase i know for sure that the halvingf will only affect the people who are making money with the tradings you know and not the price.
Activity: 364
October 12, 2016, 03:07:23 AM
Do you really think that the bitcoin is going to half i dont think that would hapen only the maximum amount of coins are halving and that does not mean that the bitcoin price is
going to half you know.
Activity: 244
October 12, 2016, 03:07:19 AM
If the bitcoin is going to half i dont think it will really affect the price of the bitcoin it is possible but we will never know becuase how do you think the
price will drop i dont that would work.
Activity: 350
October 11, 2016, 10:47:41 PM
arguable that there was no impact at all...
well if there was an impact i think it was really small and in my opinion the price is only going to grow in the near future, in my opinion people are soon going to pump the price

Gradually, the impact of the halving will be smaller as more bitcoins will have already been mined in the future.

I think so. The price of bitcoin will not rise 50 times in the next 12 months like it did in 2012. The price could just rise 10 times.

It is indeed very true, but it also depends on the growth of the bitcoin. If the growth is very high and all the bitcoin user moves the wheel market or static market started up then this could well be the reason bitcoin increase. so no not may occur during it is there in the world. Stay focused to get lots of bitcoin with quick way

Yeah, that's very true. For the moment one of the growth factors bitcoin is mining halving > because while halving stock bitcoin severely disrupted and the users of the difficulty to get stock. but I am sure in the future that will dominate the price increase is the users that bitcoin is already many scattered in various countries

I do not think so. The halving did not change the bitcoin difficulty much. The difficulty just drop 5% and now it is all time high again.

Its pretty okay right now but i think that with the next halving in 2020 we can expect more because than the bitcoin would be a lot bigger and it also would be a lot more popular, more users.. in the overall.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
September 06, 2016, 05:18:44 AM
well if there was an impact i think it was really small and in my opinion the price is only going to grow in the near future, in my opinion people are soon going to pump the price

Gradually, the impact of the halving will be smaller as more bitcoins will have already been mined in the future.

I think so. The price of bitcoin will not rise 50 times in the next 12 months like it did in 2012. The price could just rise 10 times.

It is indeed very true, but it also depends on the growth of the bitcoin. If the growth is very high and all the bitcoin user moves the wheel market or static market started up then this could well be the reason bitcoin increase. so no not may occur during it is there in the world. Stay focused to get lots of bitcoin with quick way

Yeah, that's very true. For the moment one of the growth factors bitcoin is mining halving > because while halving stock bitcoin severely disrupted and the users of the difficulty to get stock. but I am sure in the future that will dominate the price increase is the users that bitcoin is already many scattered in various countries

I do not think so. The halving did not change the bitcoin difficulty much. The difficulty just drop 5% and now it is all time high again.

Right, I also think that halving has a great part to increase the bitcoin and also its price, because of halving a huge people buying the bitcoin and i am also include of this list. But if in this time bitcoin is going down, so don't forget that it is a crypto currency, price up and down always remain with bitcoin.
Activity: 148
Merit: 100
September 06, 2016, 05:02:16 AM

Activity: 756
Merit: 520
August 20, 2016, 11:41:07 AM

Activity: 532
August 19, 2016, 12:50:12 PM

Activity: 61
Merit: 0
August 19, 2016, 03:09:29 AM

Activity: 504
Activity: 61
Merit: 0
there was but it did not happent he same day, remember the last pump from 400 to current 600+, that was the halving it's good enough

I think the price rise from $400 to $788 was the result of the halving. There was no other big news.

That is right. But the price rise could also be caused by the general awareness of the bitcoin and usage.
there was but it did not happent he same day, remember the last pump from 400 to current 600+, that was the halving it's good enough

I think the price rise from $400 to $788 was the result of the halving. There was no other big news.
Pages:
Jump to: