Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin halving how will it affect price? - page 3. (Read 4653 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I think the bitcoin price has already been affected by the halving. The price rose more than 100% in the last year.

You are wrong. Sure some speculators might have bought some coins and thus front ran the halving rise. However, now the reality hits when indeed there will be less coins for sale. It might take some time since Chinese miners may not have sold yet all their coins they were mining before the halving but eventually those coins will be sold and then less coins will be for the markets. Also lower inflation will encourage people who are gold bugs, buying into bitcoin now.
I keep reminding you guys, the price is very low and bitcoin is extremely undervalued. My prediction of 60 000 usd/btc before next halving is still in force, and it is a conservative if even one major banker will buy in before it. Bankers will need to hurry and I think we should see some banks buying into Bitcoin before 2020.
Activity: 148
Merit: 100
I think the bitcoin price has already been affected by the halving. The price rose more than 100% in the last year.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I know that bitcoin blocks are going to be halved to 12.5 next summer.

so how will this affect the price?
To be honest I do not know what the price is going to be like after the halving because the halving has not happened yet.
I think that the pirce is going to rise again but I am not sure of that so we will have to wait it out and see what will happen.
Activity: 966
It's Not Enough
as i said, the price still the same
legendary
Activity: 994
We haven't seen any pump instantly as some new traders have expected but price doesn't move like that it may take few more weeks or month to get effected. But after this halving i don't think price will be going below 600$, that can be considered as halving effect.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
there was but it did not happent he same day, remember the last pump from 400 to current 600+, that was the halving it's good enough
legendary
Activity: 1043
Merit: 1032
★Bitcoin Gambling Reviews★
arguable that there was no impact at all...
Activity: 61
Merit: 0
Most probably it will but we could not be 100% sure of that. Aside from halving, there are still a lot of factors that could affect the price of bitcoin. Considering usage, other currency, etc.

The other factor could be the block size increase. According to the Hong Kong meeting, the 2MB block size increased could be implemented shortly.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
InvestnTrade. Latest from the crypto space.
Most probably it will but we could not be 100% sure of that. Aside from halving, there are still a lot of factors that could affect the price of bitcoin. Considering usage, other currency, etc.
Activity: 61
Merit: 0
I think the halving could double the price to around $800. But it might happen a few months later.
legendary
Halving may actually lower the price, and even make some real damage. If price does not go up, mining power may decrease. This will lead to longer time between blocks since it takes a long time to adjust. Longer time between blocks means lower capacity on the network, which in turn might lead to large backlogs being formed, especially if somebody spams it again. That's not what bitcoin needs in a time with some strong emerging competition

it's clear that the halving will lower the price, that's why you need an greater demand to face it, without this not only the miners will not have their profit, but the network will be insecure

How is this clear. If the prices goes from 400 to 250 it would not make any sense to mine. Even for the large mining farms.
With other words mining has become futile and the network won't be secure anymore.

i means it lower the value of the profit for the miners, so they need an increase in demand to sustain the mining activity for the halving

It lowers the block reward.
Demand for bitcoins is in dollar value. People buy $1000 value of bitcoins; they don't buy 2.5 bitcoins irrespective of the price.
Hence if demand remains the same, supply decreases, price of bitcoin increases.
Miners still might make decent profits.

mmh you are just assuming the price going higher, but it effectively lower the profit of the miner, so they certainly need a higher demand, it does not matter if the value is in dollar euro or whatever, they still need an increase
Activity: 1638
Merit: 505
yes that's for sure. bitcoin will increase the price after the halving. halving will make bitcoin supply is reduced. bitcoin has a great future after halving.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Halving may actually lower the price, and even make some real damage. If price does not go up, mining power may decrease. This will lead to longer time between blocks since it takes a long time to adjust. Longer time between blocks means lower capacity on the network, which in turn might lead to large backlogs being formed, especially if somebody spams it again. That's not what bitcoin needs in a time with some strong emerging competition

it's clear that the halving will lower the price, that's why you need an greater demand to face it, without this not only the miners will not have their profit, but the network will be insecure

How is this clear. If the prices goes from 400 to 250 it would not make any sense to mine. Even for the large mining farms.
With other words mining has become futile and the network won't be secure anymore.

i means it lower the value of the profit for the miners, so they need an increase in demand to sustain the mining activity for the halving

It lowers the block reward.
Demand for bitcoins is in dollar value. People buy $1000 value of bitcoins; they don't buy 2.5 bitcoins irrespective of the price.
Hence if demand remains the same, supply decreases, price of bitcoin increases.
Miners still might make decent profits.
Activity: 861
Merit: 1001
Halving may actually lower the price, and even make some real damage. If price does not go up, mining power may decrease. This will lead to longer time between blocks since it takes a long time to adjust. Longer time between blocks means lower capacity on the network, which in turn might lead to large backlogs being formed, especially if somebody spams it again. That's not what bitcoin needs in a time with some strong emerging competition.

My opinion is quite simple :

Price will go up for at least 2 reasons :

1) Everybody expect it too go up and are affraid not to be able buying Bitcoins later. So they will buy before the halving

2) There will be less BTC sold everyday after the halving. IF demand keeps the same, price will naturally go up.

3) The miners will pump the price (if it is too low) because their reward is divided and they need to keep making money. No doubt the big mining companies have a LOT of FIAT money and will pump the price after the halving.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 578
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
too many speculations about halving already. no one can tell which one is true and which one is not.

i guess the price is going to rise no matter what. and because of the halving this rise is going to be increased.
legendary
Halving may actually lower the price, and even make some real damage. If price does not go up, mining power may decrease. This will lead to longer time between blocks since it takes a long time to adjust. Longer time between blocks means lower capacity on the network, which in turn might lead to large backlogs being formed, especially if somebody spams it again. That's not what bitcoin needs in a time with some strong emerging competition.

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010
BTC to the moon is inevitable...
halving is going to have the biggest effect on bitcoin price. apart from leading to less supply with the same growing demand there is also the expectation effect this halving has on the price. everybody expects the price to go up so they are accumulating bitcoin and creating more and more demand which will raise the price on its own.

Normally the price is to rise if miners are mining against break even> But with the next generation miners the 400 dollar mark is a good mark to miner with profit.
An potential increase is likely to happen but not mandatory for miners to keep mining with profit.

well, the price is not going up because of the miners. it is the market's supply and demand that will determine the bitcoin price.
and this supply is going to decrease as the block reward halves.
Activity: 924
halving is going to have the biggest effect on bitcoin price. apart from leading to less supply with the same growing demand there is also the expectation effect this halving has on the price. everybody expects the price to go up so they are accumulating bitcoin and creating more and more demand which will raise the price on its own.

Yes haling will surely affect the price of bitocoin as it is expected that the price would rise at the time of halving and everybody is expecting that bitcoin will reach to the maximum level at the time of halving.
Pages:
Jump to: