Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin History Book - Chance to have your own page - 10 pages available! - page 6. (Read 2995 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136
I hope community members donate towards my efforts. It will help enormously towards completing the book in September 2024. I cannot quantify how many hours it will take until then, but I am committed to spend as much of my free time as possible. Thank you in advance.

Yes I did a few donations. I would love to see the finish product in 2024.  Good luck.

I'll do what I can to make it a reality Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I hope community members donate towards my efforts. It will help enormously towards completing the book in September 2024. I cannot quantify how many hours it will take until then, but I am committed to spend as much of my free time as possible. Thank you in advance.

Yes I did a few donations. I would love to see the finish product in 2024.  Good luck.
legendary
legendary
Am very certain such a book will cover the previous halving and the experience of those who had investment therein when it happened up until the halving of 2024, explained with details and statistics of events.
It's a very nice concept and it shows dedication to duty on the front of cryptocurrencies where everyone seems to hide and under the guise of playing it safe.

All 4 halvings, including the upcoming one, will be covered in the book. Hope you support or donate to my onging effort. Thank you for replying.
Activity: 770
Merit: 180
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Am very certain such a book will cover the previous halving and the experience of those who had investment therein when it happened up until the halving of 2024, explained with details and statistics of events.
It's a very nice concept and it shows dedication to duty on the front of cryptocurrencies where everyone seems to hide and under the guise of playing it safe.
legendary
Is it just me or is formatting broken?

If you haven't considered the block size wars (which is a big part of Bitcoin's history), I suggest you have a read of "The Blocksize War: The battle over who controls Bitcoin’s protocol rules". It mentions quite a few notable points in summary.

I would be nice the read the mentioned book, but I don't have the spare money for it.  I live a basic life within which I do my best.  I don't want to dive into the block wars too much in 'The Bitcoin History Book 2008-2024', but it will get sufficient coverage.  

The formatting is temporarily broken because I regularly attached URL links and comments to the page sides (MS Publisher!). It is a draft document after all Wink
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
Is it just me or is formatting broken?

If you haven't considered the block size wars (which is a big part of Bitcoin's history), I suggest you have a read of "The Blocksize War: The battle over who controls Bitcoin’s protocol rules". It mentions quite a few notable points in summary.
legendary
I remember your previous threads and mentions of the Bitcoin book you are working on. I am glad it's progressing nicely and is on route to hit the shelves in less then a year. A book with A4 dimensions is quite bulky to hold in your hands. Does it have a lot of images and graphics that warrants such a big size? Perhaps a smaller one wouldn't be a bad idea. Anyway, good luck with the project and hopefully it will be a success.

The book dimensions allow for more information on each page, plus the side bars. It was decided to shift all future cryoto history books to A4 3 years ago. The DigiByte histiry book is A4 size.

Who likes the A4 page format?
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
I remember your previous threads and mentions of the Bitcoin book you are working on. I am glad it's progressing nicely and is on route to hit the shelves in less then a year. A book with A4 dimensions is quite bulky to hold in your hands. Does it have a lot of images and graphics that warrants such a big size? Perhaps a smaller one wouldn't be a bad idea. Anyway, good luck with the project and hopefully it will be a success.
legendary
THE BITCOIN HISTORY BOOK 2008-2024
Well, first I congratulate you for doing such great work that will support many Bitcoin users. I saw the book that you have uploaded on your X account and read some part of it and what I decided is that you did wonderful work not only by writing it too well but also thby e interior when I saw was very attractive and good looking which give an additional and handsome look to your book. Through this book, I think many people who only know about Bitcoin invention in 2009 and after that,  will know about the history of Bitcoin how the idea of Bitcoin comes, and how it is made. Hope this book will bring some revolution in the Bitcoin ecosystem. Lastly I again appreciate your work and hope to grab what you want as support

Thank you for your gracious praise. Me and my partner have had a short argument about money/finances after i got home from work. I am the type of person who works hard, but sometimes my motivation wanes if i try too hard.  I hope the community gets behind my efforts so a brilliant book can be released next year.

I look forward to hearing more praise and feedback.
Activity: 364
Merit: 146
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
THE BITCOIN HISTORY BOOK 2008-2024
Well, first I congratulate you for doing such great work that will support many Bitcoin users. I saw the book that you have uploaded on your X account and read some part of it and what I decided is that you did wonderful work not only by writing it too well but also thby e interior when I saw was very attractive and good looking which give an additional and handsome look to your book. Through this book, I think many people who only know about Bitcoin invention in 2009 and after that,  will know about the history of Bitcoin how the idea of Bitcoin comes, and how it is made. Hope this book will bring some revolution in the Bitcoin ecosystem. Lastly I again appreciate your work and hope to grab what you want as support
legendary
OP, I appreciate your endless effort and zeal to write this book as I have read in your other thread when you started writing the book, and I am pleased that you are making progress on this project, because it shows how much you love bitcoin and you have also dedicate your time to teach people about bitcoin through your book.

I hope to see you complete the book on the right time that you said, and I hope that you will get more donations from forum members. I admire your passion on this.

It will be released next September 2024, unless I come down with something terrible.  I have learnt more about Bitcoin whilst putting the book together Cheesy
Activity: 322
Merit: 274
Baba God Noni
OP, I appreciate your endless effort and zeal to write this book as I have read in your other thread when you started writing the book, and I am pleased that you are making progress on this project, because it shows how much you love bitcoin and you have also dedicate your time to teach people about bitcoin through your book.

I hope to see you complete the book on the right time that you said, and I hope that you will get more donations from forum members. I admire your passion on this.

legendary
“The Past Milestones”, the index is just amazing and it’s making me read the book already. This is definitely going to be detailed book considering the index titles from domain registration to how it started with email communications, yeah that gives me good insight about this book and what is expected from it. I think we are going to have very nice book soon just because of one active and enthusiastic member.

I just wanna say, keep it up. I will contact you regarding donation after few days once I get my salaries rolled over by my employer. Being Bitcoin lover I would be more than happy to donate small share for your good work. All the very best mate. Hope to see your copy released real soon.  Smiley

Much appreciated so98nn.  Bitcoin is nothing without its community.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 603
“The Past Milestones”, the index is just amazing and it’s making me read the book already. This is definitely going to be detailed book considering the index titles from domain registration to how it started with email communications, yeah that gives me good insight about this book and what is expected from it. I think we are going to have very nice book soon just because of one active and enthusiastic member.

I just wanna say, keep it up. I will contact you regarding donation after few days once I get my salaries rolled over by my employer. Being Bitcoin lover I would be more than happy to donate small share for your good work. All the very best mate. Hope to see your copy released real soon.  Smiley
legendary
I have added wallet addresses for LTC, DOGE, ETH and XRP. I'm aware BTC fees are high at the moment. Please read parts of the book when you can.

Thank you to all those who have commented and donated so far. I am fully determined to complete the book by September 2024.
legendary
I got busy and fees were high for btc.  spoke with tyke via pm today

I am giving him 0.5+0.5=1 ltc for Nov and Dec.

You could ask him via pm for an ltc addy I just sent to him via my coinbase account.

1ltc for nov and dec donations

for now I will be ending donations to members as my donation source (sig campaign) has suspended its payments to me due to high fees.

Hoping to resume in a month or so.

Thank you again for your support.
Activity: 462
Merit: 472
Historical books are very important because they serve as a bridge between past, present and future generations. Sadly history is not seen as an important field anymore because the present generation is more concerned with entertainment and sports. However, they fail to understand that the past shapes the present and the present determines the future. Historical books always have some important moral lesson that will help shape the lives of every reader.

I want to congratulate you for investing your precious time in putting up this important historical book about the development of one of the greatest discoveries of all time. I know this is not an easy task, but I want to encourage you to continue and finish this project. The current and future generations will find this book helpful because it will be both educational and motivational. I will also suggest that you consider having an audiobook version of this book when the project is completed. 

I hope that you get all the support and encouragement you need. Good luck.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I got busy and fees were high for btc.  spoke with tyke via pm today

I am giving him 0.5+0.5=1 ltc for Nov and Dec.

You could ask him via pm for an ltc addy I just sent to him via my coinbase account.

1ltc for nov and dec donations

for now I will be ending donations to members as my donation source (sig campaign) has suspended its payments to me due to high fees.

Hoping to resume in a month or so.
legendary
The community will certainly benefit from your efforts and I look forward to seeing its positive impact. I hope this book will be valuable  for years to come. Keep up the great work!

That is one of the major reasons why I would highly appreciate community members to support via donations.  On a personal note, I sacrifice offered extra hours at my job so I have extra time and energy to put the book together. I have loved Bitcoin (and the wider crypto space) for over 10 years.  
Pages:
Jump to: