Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin holders will have to pay their tax? - page 4. (Read 4342 times)

Activity: 276
Merit: 10
November 22, 2018, 06:59:24 AM
it is inevitable and it is not even necessary to guess, will be or not taxes. of course will be and already is. and the countries in which so far the tax is not imposed still just did not reach before.
Activity: 791
Merit: 271
This is personal
November 22, 2018, 05:39:55 AM
What will happen on BTC if the government will said that all the bitcoin holder have to pay their tax??
Maybe the expansion of BTC community will get low than usual.
it's only a matter of time, the government will take over the crypto currency and require taxes, now the KYC has been obliged, and that's just the beginning...

I don't know how will the government take over the crpyto currencies, they are decentralized right?

KYCs are just a requirement for sites like exchanges since there are a lot of people that is taking advantage of the anonymity and earning a lot of money from scamming the reason they needed the KYC. It doesn't mean that the government will be taking over it, that just means that owners of these sites are taking some measurements about it. I don't think we need to exaggerate the government taking over crpytocurrencies since they will not.
I agree with you Janation. The government can try to take control, but it's certainly not going to work. My wallet address is unrelated to my name. So they can't know that I'm holding.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
November 22, 2018, 05:10:46 AM
What will happen on BTC if the government will said that all the bitcoin holder have to pay their tax??
it's only a matter of time, the government will take over the crypto currency and require taxes, now the KYC has been obliged, and that's just the beginning...

I don't know how will the government take over the crpyto currencies, they are decentralized right?

KYCs are just a requirement for sites like exchanges since there are a lot of people that is taking advantage of the anonymity and earning a lot of money from scamming the reason they needed the KYC. It doesn't mean that the government will be taking over it, that just means that owners of these sites are taking some measurements about it. I don't think we need to exaggerate the government taking over crpytocurrencies since they will not.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
November 22, 2018, 05:02:00 AM
it is normal if we have to pay tax for bitcoin. I think the government always want to do it and after that bitcoin will soon be accepted in near future.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 651
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me
November 22, 2018, 04:35:56 AM
If the government legalizes Bitcoin in the country where we live I think it is legitimate in tax collection, provided that Bitcoin is officially traded.
Another thing is that now Bitcoin is still no attraction between the government and holding Bitcoin.
so the conclusion of Bitcoin if the tax law is made okay.
Youre right about that which I also supported that tax should be pay if bitcoin is legalized and the only thing which is not fair to me is bitcoin holder paying tax just because they hold crypto currency as the title says. However, those that buy, sell or trader bitcoin are the one who should pay tax because if government implement tax for crypto holder that will definitely discourage people from holding crypto currency and we both know that it will affect the market so bad.
Activity: 448
Merit: 103
November 22, 2018, 04:30:42 AM
In my opinion instead of slowing down the expansion of the community, the thing is people will be much interested in it. For the sole reason that crypto is now recognized by the government and backed up by national operations such as tax collection. This will be a huge improvement for government operations because big money are coming in and out of crypto. Tax will help a lot.
Activity: 303
November 22, 2018, 03:52:16 AM
Activity: 854
November 22, 2018, 02:19:14 AM
Of course not, bitcoin holders should not have to pay taxes because this bitcoin does not have rules like, anyone who has free bitcoin is not taxed and no bitcoin will be able to manage it. anyone will not be able and will not be able to tax the bitcoin holder.

We need not to pay any taxes on holding on Bitcoin because as long as our government didn't legalise the Bitcoin then we are in good shape. But if you are taxpayer then definitely you need to submit the balance sheet to government and we need to pay taxes on it.
Activity: 854
Merit: 250
November 22, 2018, 01:52:08 AM
I think that is fine if taxes do not burden investors in investing with crypto currencies if indeed with our tax in investing feel safe and comfortable I think that is good too
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
November 21, 2018, 08:59:53 PM

Depends on how much is the tax deduction. A small amount probably will make a lot to stay in the community and it's just fair because we are all used to having taxes on services and things that we buy.
Activity: 756
Merit: 257
Freshdice.com
November 21, 2018, 06:30:12 PM
I think a lot of people will not agree if all bitcoin holders will have to pay their taxes, even we earn money for free because the government does not have the rights or to run cryptocurrency and blockchain technology.
Activity: 420
“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”
November 21, 2018, 02:28:59 PM
Not a very good news if that happens. As of this posting the market for bitcoin have gone very low and we don't know it it could ever go up again like the last time it did peak on its all time high. If taxes will be imposed what else could the investors get in return if a drop like this could occur? It is really a big matter to look and consider as of this point in time.
bce
Activity: 756
November 21, 2018, 01:13:37 PM
if indeed the investment tax with crypto currency will make it comfortable and safe and certainly not detrimental to me the sense of tax will not be burdensome for the investors themselves
copper member
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
November 21, 2018, 12:34:37 PM
If I agree to the assertion that bitcoin holders should pay tax on their holdings.
How will that be actualized in the practical terms,since bitcoin is not under the control of any regulative body etc.
How will capital gain tax be implemented with utmost transperncy and fairness?
Activity: 1050
Merit: 100
November 21, 2018, 09:01:18 AM
Capital gains on crypto will always be taxed unless some regulations here in the U.S. are changed. A friend mine cashed out about $850k USD worth of $BTC this year, he is freaking out. He doesn't know yet how much his tax bill will be next year. He's sort of an anarchist. He hates govt. and the IRS. He feels that taxation is theft.
if in my country, the income in cryptocurrency is included in other sources of income, so it will be taxed. there is a certain formula for calculating it. but as long as he does not spend on property, cars, or other valuable objects related to bureaucracy, i think it remains safe in the bank, because in my country the tax office has not been connected to the bank
Activity: 1092
Merit: 507
btcstakes.com
November 21, 2018, 08:54:26 AM
Capital gains on crypto will always be taxed unless some regulations here in the U.S. are changed. A friend mine cashed out about $850k USD worth of $BTC this year, he is freaking out. He doesn't know yet how much his tax bill will be next year. He's sort of an anarchist. He hates govt. and the IRS. He feels that taxation is theft.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
November 21, 2018, 08:24:06 AM
Of course not, bitcoin holders should not have to pay taxes because this bitcoin does not have rules like, anyone who has free bitcoin is not taxed and no bitcoin will be able to manage it. anyone will not be able and will not be able to tax the bitcoin holder.
- Exactly, bitcoin is really special and it is not controlled by the government, so the bitcoin holders will not be bound by the law and taxation is an impossibility, but over time, I think the government will shorten the gap with bitcoin and they will be able to control every bitcoin activity. The profit from taxing bitcoin holders is too great, the government will not ignore this benefit but when this time comes, if the government does not adjust the tax accordingly, the bitcoin holder can rebellious and create a wave of protest, so the government will need to consider carefully the taxation
Activity: 535
November 21, 2018, 07:04:14 AM
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1775
November 21, 2018, 06:37:06 AM
If the government legalizes Bitcoin in the country where we live I think it is legitimate in tax collection, provided that Bitcoin is officially traded.
Another thing is that now Bitcoin is still no attraction between the government and holding Bitcoin.
so the conclusion of Bitcoin if the tax law is made okay.
Activity: 314
November 21, 2018, 05:20:08 AM
I don't think paying their taxes is good in this situation of the market and I think payments of taxes in bitcoin is not bad at all but what I think is it is not yet legalized in any country. That's why it is fair not to pay taxes because we know that it is unstable currency and it is hard to predict when will gonna start increasing his value.
Pages:
Jump to: