Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is an altcoin - page 3. (Read 1139 times)

copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 284
November 22, 2017, 03:00:12 AM
There were many cryptocurrencies before Bitcoin.

Therefore Bitcoin is an altcoin - and will also be beaten by another altcoin, just as it did itself.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/quick-history-cryptocurrencies-bbtc-bitcoin-1397682630/

No way, bitcoin is not an altcoin.
Bitcoin cash, bitcoin gold, bitcoin dark, bitcoin plus are the altcoins.
Coins like Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, Dash, Monero, and Bitconnect are also altcoins Smiley
AGD
legendary
Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
November 22, 2017, 02:47:05 AM
I think scottykarate=freightjoe
How can a newbie be so obsessed with another newbie to open a bash thread....
Just my 2 Sats

Not true. scottykarate is just a newbie shill trying desparately go get people to support his coming ICO for the trumpcoin

... says the other half of the famous "Newbie Shill Bros"
C'mon. It's obvious, that you are trying to gain attention by this Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hide game. Even your nicks look like there is the same person behind.
Activity: 202
Merit: 100
November 22, 2017, 02:44:33 AM

Therefore Bitcoin is an altcoin - and will also be beaten by another altcoin, just as it did itself.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/quick-history-cryptocurrencies-bbtc-bitcoin-1397682630/

Of course it can be defeated by another altcoin better than it does, but there are many investors still interested in using bitcoin as a trading unit,  so i don't think any altcoin could replace bitcoin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 102
November 22, 2017, 02:37:16 AM
Before bitcoin there are so many attempts to create digital currency but none of them succeed so Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency that is successful of course bitcoin is an crypto so we cannot remove the fact that an altcoin can take over bitcoin but no one can say when's that gonna happen cause i think bitcoin will gonna last for another decade cause it is the only genuine in crypto industry.
Activity: 238
Merit: 109
November 22, 2017, 02:28:35 AM
Fortunately, people see through the facade.

Thank you for calling Bitcoin a facade. That is of course correct. Only problem is that you are only here to promote the trumpcoin
Activity: 238
Merit: 109
November 22, 2017, 02:21:47 AM
Just my 2 Sats

Not true. scottykarate is just a newbie shill trying desparately go get people to support his coming ICO for the trumpcoin
AGD
legendary
Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
November 22, 2017, 02:15:48 AM
Just my 2 Sats
Activity: 462
Merit: 102
November 22, 2017, 02:14:19 AM
Something i need to consider imaginary or hallucinating.. This is the weirdest thread I’ve want to comment not because of disagreement to one but to emphasise that this way of thinking is not more than normal enough.. A failed attempt to produce a cryptocurrency in the past doesn’t mean it will be called the first.. If I attempt to swim around the world now and failed at 2 meters after the start can I already be in the history.. That’s logically wrong as I see it..
Activity: 2296
Merit: 225
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
November 22, 2017, 02:12:02 AM
In the world of crypto currency, there is bitcoin as the first crypto currency, and all other crypto-currencies that are not bitcoins are called alternatives, that is, altcoyins. Therefore, bitcoin can not be both bitcoin and altcoyin simultaneously. It is nonsense. Moreover, the term altcoyin appeared after the creation of bitcoin as a designation of all crypto-currencies that are not bitcoins.
Activity: 206
Merit: 20
November 22, 2017, 02:09:33 AM
It was an interesting read however, call it whatever, bitcoin is the mother of all cryptocurrency .

PERIOD.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
November 22, 2017, 02:04:49 AM
if it makes you sleep at night then call bitcoin as an "altcoin" but that will be only you calling bitcoin something that it is not. checking your post history it seems like you love doing that. so there is no point arguing with someone who doesn't want to listen to what everyone else says!
Activity: 686
Merit: 521
November 22, 2017, 02:02:57 AM
If it is not bitcoin. its an altcoin simple as that and this article is quite confusing because from my research the internet itself was born in the 1980s and around these times innovations where highly embraced, and if cryptocurrencies did really exist why didnt we hear about it? Am sure a noble prize would have gone their way but unfortunately they didn't register their presence and Satoshi beat them to it.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
November 22, 2017, 02:01:28 AM
It is just a label and alt coin is the label that being given by people, because the first crypto is Bitcoin then other has been consider as the alt coin, but no matter what does Bitcoin called, Bitcoin still the pioneer and will always be called Bitcoin not an alt coin
copper member
Activity: 854
Merit: 110
Give Hope For Everyone!
November 22, 2017, 01:56:43 AM
From all their failures came bitcoin. Thanks to them, nakamoto had figured out the solution. Yes bitcoin might be an alt coin too. But not today, nor in the future. As long as bitcoin is in the top of the chain others are just alt coins.
Activity: 812
Merit: 124
November 22, 2017, 01:52:41 AM
I dont understand how this articles are being diged. This is as old as 2014, bascially everything has changed since then.
It would be fun tho for the guy who wrote the article, to read it again today or later next year. I bet that would be fun.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
November 22, 2017, 01:40:27 AM
altcoin ,zetcoin , mepcoin  it’s price more than 8,000$ and we earn good so that call it what you want
Activity: 350
Merit: 111
November 22, 2017, 01:38:21 AM
It is informative. This is my first time to hear it, but I do not know if it's true. Only one that I can say, bitcoin only has the highest value in all digital currency. So there's nothing like Bitcoin.
copper member
Activity: 560
Merit: 253
November 22, 2017, 01:37:53 AM

I find this article very hard to believe, I just get the feeling that they want to eliminate the fact that satoshi was the  first inventor of cryptocurrencies. The article itself isn't that clear and I just feel like the above mentioned participants want to take all the credits from satoshi. Why does this only arise now, all along those people were quite, they just felt like coming up with lies and allegations in the hope that the cryptocurrency community will easily fall for their story. I don't believe this, it doesn't even make sense.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
November 22, 2017, 01:36:55 AM

There were many who tried to introduce cryptocurrencies before but none of them were backed by the blockchain technology which Satoshi Nakamoto created and which is the very reason why Bitcoin became the first and the original on this platform. No matter how many would dispute this history, the Bitcoin version is the most accepted version therefore all the rest before and after are the ones to be called as altcoins. Look, those coins before Bitcoin never saw the light of the day and so we should just consider them as predecessors that attempted to introduced cryptos but failed. I only recognized Bitcoin and so the rest of the cryptocurrency community.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 542
November 22, 2017, 01:36:25 AM
lol what a funny article what the author referring to is a digital cash that first used before but bitcoin is different digital currency which is using a blockchain technology which is first introduced in bitcoin. 
Pages:
Jump to: