Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency. - page 36. (Read 8542 times)

Activity: 291
Merit: 19
If there's something to be written...
October 30, 2017, 06:43:14 PM
When you keep Bitcoin, you're sure that you're keeping something valuables which increases in value with time. Bitcoin can also be uses as a medium of exchange for goods and services. So holding it, knowing that it will increase in value makes it an asset. That you can use it as a means of exchange makes it a currency.
Activity: 240
Merit: 100
October 30, 2017, 06:39:36 PM
I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??
Actually bitcoin is like having a dual usage or purpose that make it really fascinating and attractive for us bitcoin users that are still continuing to ger engage and support it for a long span of time. Bitcoin for me can be treated both as a currency and an asset since it possess the characteristic involve on stating that is just like that. It is an asset because upon holding it or investing it, you can gain a profit which you have from the initial money you invest. It is a currency at the same time because you can really use it on different things such as availing products and services wherein you can use bitcoin as a payment for those stuffs of yours.
Activity: 686
Merit: 108
October 30, 2017, 06:33:18 PM
My great assets that can be use as a good currency in the future. I believe on bitcoin so this is my greatest paper assets for now and for sure in the future it will become more valuable than ever.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
October 30, 2017, 06:10:27 PM
I think it can be used in both ways. BTC holders decide by themselves how to use their coins.
Activity: 382
Merit: 250
October 30, 2017, 06:04:19 PM
Bitcoin created to be currency but bitcoin now is also good asset due to the increasing price of it. There is no problem whether bitcoin is considered as currency or asset, Bitcoin is a medium of exchange that better than the current currency that we use for daily life.

Does it matter if bitcoin was a assets or a currency?  No it does not. In theory , bitcoin is currency but these days practically people are using it as an asset, a very valuable asset.
The thing which is far more important is how much one holds the bitcoins, the more you have the amount of bitcoins, the more happy you are seeing the price rise of bitcoins.
Bitcoin is the cryptocurrency, so you can call it is currency like Dollar. But better yet, I think we should use Bitcoin as an asset than a currency. The current value of Bitcoin is useless if you use it to pay small order. Therefore, save it and research new way to earn more Bitcoin, you will get rich.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
October 30, 2017, 02:06:52 PM
I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??
I feel that it's both an asset and a currency.  It can be used as money,  or to transfer over to gold or something tangible.
Activity: 882
Merit: 112
Your Data Belongs To You
October 30, 2017, 02:01:19 PM
Both but i would agree more with statement that it is a asset since there are a lot more promising cryptos for currency purposes. Because BTC is relatively slow and has expensive transactions.
Activity: 574
Merit: 253
October 30, 2017, 01:53:19 PM
Can be said the owners of bitcoin will make a very valuable asset, of course this is because bitcoin has proven profitable over the past few years so it becomes an important asset for most users.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
October 30, 2017, 01:49:45 PM
in my opinion both. sometimes people use to investation or asset and ussually use cryptocurrency like payment in the store, mall and market
bitcoin just not about simple things but it complete
Activity: 966
Merit: 506
October 30, 2017, 01:36:41 PM
Bitcoin created to be currency but bitcoin now is also good asset due to the increasing price of it. There is no problem whether bitcoin is considered as currency or asset, Bitcoin is a medium of exchange that better than the current currency that we use for daily life.

Does it matter if bitcoin was a assets or a currency?  No it does not. In theory , bitcoin is currency but these days practically people are using it as an asset, a very valuable asset.
The thing which is far more important is how much one holds the bitcoins, the more you have the amount of bitcoins, the more happy you are seeing the price rise of bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049
October 30, 2017, 01:36:13 PM
I think Bitcoin is an asset, a digital asset for that matter, and also digital currency because it's being utilized as a digital payment system. However, others don't regard Bitcoin a currency because they say its value is unstable.

Price stability doesn't concern much of its category to being a currency. Whether other people don't think it that way, they can't change the fact that bitcoin is a real currency, a system of money in another term.
Growing marketplace for bitcoin is one of many keys that explain everything. Days are passing and one by one, stores accepting btc increases which demand into more successful transactions.
Activity: 882
Merit: 506
October 30, 2017, 01:35:33 PM
I think it is more of an asset because it has not passed a certain regulation for it to qualify as a currency. Currency, for me, is a term used to denote a sovereign's legal tender. By that, it means 'legal'. We all know that Bitcoin is not illegal per se but it is not encouraged either. Its status is afloat up to this time hence to invest on it is twice (or even more) the risk than any other forms of investments.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 308
October 30, 2017, 01:29:35 PM

It's simply both.

Bitcoin is attractive as an asset to hold because of it's scarce nature. Bitcoin is also attractive as a currency because it's borderless, permissionless, and pretty fast and cheap (except when Roger Ver/Bitmain are spamming it).

So for some use cases like buying a VPN, bitcoin is the best currency.
I also se bitcoin as both currency and an asset for investments and in business. Because it could serve as a new form of transaction that could imply faster and reliable way of transaction for people who want to have a better way of transaction at the same time to earn and to have profit in the future , for investments and business.
Activity: 1305
Merit: 511
October 30, 2017, 01:23:00 PM

Yes.If you want to inverse means, you can choose the bitcoin as an asset and if you want to spend some dollar for daily needs, you can convert it to FIAT and use it as normal Currency. So, Bitcoin is act as both currency and a asset .Like a gold you can use bitcoin as an asset.
Activity: 896
Merit: 272
OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.
October 30, 2017, 01:22:49 PM

Bitcoin is made as a currency- to use it with online transactions, originally. Its anonymity have made bitcoin got popular and in demand in the online communities. But also due to this demand, its price gets high through the past years. Right now, bitcoin is a very good asset for investment and online business. It is both a currency and an asset and we should use it as efficiently as possible.
Activity: 966
Merit: 275
October 30, 2017, 01:08:45 PM
I think Bitcoin is an asset, a digital asset for that matter, and also digital currency because it's being utilized as a digital payment system. However, others don't regard Bitcoin a currency because they say its value is unstable.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
October 30, 2017, 12:23:49 PM
For me bitcoin is an asset as it is something that you have invested in and work over through long periods of time. So bitcoin is an asset and that's the way it should be. Hoping the best from bitcoin in the near future.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
October 30, 2017, 12:20:05 PM

It's simply both.

Bitcoin is attractive as an asset to hold because of it's scarce nature. Bitcoin is also attractive as a currency because it's borderless, permissionless, and pretty fast and cheap (except when Roger Ver/Bitmain are spamming it).

So for some use cases like buying a VPN, bitcoin is the best currency.
Could not have been said any better! To add to that, the reason Bitcoin is used less for goods and services is because the technology is still evolving but as its awareness and adoption is fast on the increase, we can be rest assured that Bitcoin's roles as store of value and as a currency would come to the fore. Bitcoin can no longer be ignored by anyone or any institution that have a stake in tomorrow and with more governments coming to the realization, that instead of a ban, legalization would serve them better, the ground would become accommodating for more companies and merchants accepting Bitcoin to spring up.
Activity: 798
Merit: 121
October 30, 2017, 10:44:07 AM
It's still a currency. An asset generates money without any other investment. Although that could be provided by the increase of bitcoin I don't think it passively earns you more. So it's an investment rather than a asset
Bitcoin is currency and asset for me. The money I earn in bitcoin you can buy a property like house and lot, a car or even a jewelry. Currency and asset are partner, how can you buy , if you dont have money. Bitcoin helps you to earn money, the money you can buy anything to make you an asset.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
October 30, 2017, 10:29:49 AM
I think bitcoin is also considered an asset and is equivalent to gold. A coin can make a lot of money. It also views bitcoin as a currency and can be used for payment.
Pages:
Jump to: