Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency. - page 38. (Read 8542 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
October 28, 2017, 09:45:48 AM
I believe that Bitcoin is a Currency and Asset both.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Presale is live!
October 28, 2017, 09:44:31 AM
Bitcoin is both. It performs like an asset and a currency. You can use it as a medium of exchange as currency and you can use it to save money like gold, but better.
Activity: 693
October 28, 2017, 09:41:05 AM
I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

It's simply both.

Bitcoin is attractive as an asset to hold because of it's scarce nature. Bitcoin is also attractive as a currency because it's borderless, permissionless, and pretty fast and cheap (except when Roger Ver/Bitmain are spamming it).

So for some use cases like buying a VPN, bitcoin is the best currency.
absolutely mate. bitcoin is generally a currency a cryptocurrency and for me it is a universal currency that people around the world can use and convert it into their own real money. It is also an asset if you own and hold bitcoin in your wallet because it always have an equivalent on any other real currency.
Activity: 154
October 28, 2017, 09:24:33 AM
It is both, it can either be a bad or good thing depends on the use, if you use it to trade which will make you profit then that is a good thing. If you use it for drugs or other illegal activities then that can be a bad thing since people tend to generalize stuff like, if bitcoin is used for scamming then most people will think that bitcoin is a scam and will stay away from it then there will be no new investors or not entrepreneurs that will use it. And with the law of economics if there is no demand then most probably the price will drop.
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
October 28, 2017, 09:16:50 AM
Yes, the potential its showing now a days, bitcoin can be called as a asset. Just have a look at the worth its got, almost 6000$!! which will be increasing in the coming days for sure. So, it can be considered as a asset rather than a currency.

It serve as assets because its value appreciate over time and yield good return for those who bought them when its market value was lower as copcompared to what it is now. And it serve as a currency because one can use it to purchase an items and Bitcoin's value keeps on increasing recently with no limit in sight , bitcoin will increase year by year  and you will not know how much it increases .
Activity: 952
Merit: 108
1xBit recovered their reputation
October 28, 2017, 08:59:31 AM
Yes, the potential its showing now a days, bitcoin can be called as a asset. Just have a look at the worth its got, almost 6000$!! which will be increasing in the coming days for sure. So, it can be considered as a asset rather than a currency.
Activity: 504
October 28, 2017, 05:03:58 AM
I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

Ideally, it's both. It's both a currency and an asset because it has purchasing power. You can buy lots of things in the internet with the use bitcoins since many of the websites (microsoft and possibly amazon) today allow you to do such. Since an asset generates income for you, investors of bitcoin consider bitcoins as assets as well because they constantly trade it.
Activity: 91
October 28, 2017, 04:38:04 AM
Its assets n can also be regarded as currency
I agree with you. it can be both asset and currency. when you don't really need to use it, you can invest it so it calls asset. however, when we need it to fulfill daily needs, so it calls currency.
Activity: 316
Merit: 10
October 28, 2017, 02:39:23 AM
For me bitcoin is both as an asset and also an currency but now the price of bitcoins is increasing very rapidly it is the advantage that it can be used as both.
Bitcoin is more an asset because you can make riches by investing in it wisely .It's worth is increasing rapidly and soon it will be accepted by most countries  and as the asset's worth increases by time so is  with bitcoin . We can secure our future by investing it and use the profit in making property.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 285
October 27, 2017, 07:24:26 PM
for me, bitcoin is an asset and a currency. Why is that? first, because bitcoin has a value that continues to grow from year to year. although it is only stored, without any action, its value will increase when it is sold when the rate goes up.
second, bitcoin can be a digital currency that provides a viable non-cash payment processing solution anywhere for bitcoin users. universal.
Activity: 420
Global Blockchain Solution For Transportation
October 27, 2017, 07:21:46 PM
Although bitcoin is created as a digital currency but because of the functionality and specialty of this bitcoin can certainly turn it into the most valuable commodity so almost everyone in the world is working hard to be able to get bitcoin with their various efforts. certainly a way that doesn't harm others.

I'm one of those person who's been working so much to achieve more BTC because i find it so much valuable.

I find btc as asset because it has a certain value and a currency that can be used for payment.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
October 27, 2017, 07:14:42 PM
bitcoin is a multi-function not only limited to currencies but now bitcoin has become an asset or commodity more valuable than gold and is excellent for long-term investment or for trade, bitcoin growth continues to increase over time I believe that bitcoin will be in use by everyone in the world is for a variety of financial transactions.
Activity: 294
October 27, 2017, 07:10:36 PM
if in my opinion bitcoin is an asset because it can be traded and stored can also be a very profitable investment
Activity: 2856
Merit: 783
Burpaaa
October 27, 2017, 07:02:59 PM
Bitcoin serve as an assets and as a currency at the same time. It serve as assets because its value appreciate over time and yield good return for those who bought them when its market value was lower as copcompared to what it is now. And it serve as a currency because one can use it to purchase an items.

Yep, it is a multi purpose,it us indeed beneficial for everyone, it is an asset since it's good for long term investment and same with as a currency for online transactions.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 148
October 27, 2017, 06:58:30 PM
Bitcoin serve as an assets and as a currency at the same time. It serve as assets because its value appreciate over time and yield good return for those who bought them when its market value was lower as copcompared to what it is now. And it serve as a currency because one can use it to purchase an items.
Activity: 8
October 27, 2017, 06:52:09 PM
For me it is a currency because im in need money.. but if my life was stable and no problem with money i wil use bitcoin as an asset.
Activity: 466
Merit: 375
October 27, 2017, 06:51:07 PM
I think bitcoin is an asset,because the value of bitcoin keeps increasing.If you hold bitcoin for long time you can have more profit while you sell it.
I strongly argue with you, I was also still doubt with bitcoin but in mid-2017 bitcoin prices rise, here I conclude that one day bitcoin prices will be higher
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
October 27, 2017, 06:28:50 PM
According to my opinion Bitcoin is an asset as we all know assets have two types like Physical assets and liquid assets,Physical assets includes:Building,land,furniture and fixtures etc.other hand liquid asset includes:Cash,Account receivable etc,liquid assets mean easily convertible in the cash so i place the Bitcoin in liquid asset because bitcoin also easily immediate convertible in the cash.
Activity: 179
October 27, 2017, 03:52:45 PM
I say it's both, a more ample adoption than other Cryptos allows it to be more of a currency than other Cryptos, still ROI since inception has as we all know incentivized  people to Hodl and accumulate, use it as an asset to be invested in and store of value, i think stories tlike the million dollar pizza (using a big amount of BTC to buy something as mundane as a pizza, which later would have been millions of bucks) oe cases like overstock's (where hodling resulted in great gains) generate that "fear" of spending it to pay for stuff or letting go of positions.
Activity: 98
October 27, 2017, 03:07:34 PM
For me Bitcoin is both asset and currency. If I hold for a particular time bitcoin will give me a very bi.g return to as so bitcoin is consider as asset by me. If I use for my daily financial need it is consider as currency only what ever I earn will be spend for my financial requirement is consider as currency only
Pages:
Jump to: