Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is attracting the wrong people - page 2. (Read 472 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
October 12, 2017, 06:08:27 PM
SegWit is a step forward. It might be a small one, but it is, in some aspects. The problem with SegWit was that nobody was really ready to get on board when it was activated in the main chain and many still aren't.

Do you still believe in SegWit? August 1st was 73 days ago. Those who wanted to activate it had plenty of time to do so.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
October 12, 2017, 06:02:20 PM
SegWit is a step forward. It might be a small one, but it is, in some aspects. The problem with SegWit was that nobody was really ready to get on board when it was activated in the main chain and many still aren't.

Indeed, sad that sudden "mass" adoption would probably kill Bitcoin. A byproduct of the scaling stalemate...

It is now obvious that BTC will never replace credit cards. BTC is slower than Paypal, and sometimes even more expensive. The past 2 years have clearly shown that there won't be a quick fix to BTC's problems. All the early adopters know that. If BTC's price keeps on rising, that is because the newcomers DO NOT care about BTC. They just want to make a quick buck.

Never is a bold statement. There might not be a quickfix, but there's a fix on the horizon nevertheless. As for newcomer making a buck, let them make it, and make a buck too with them. When they leave, we'll still be around...
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
October 12, 2017, 05:56:41 PM
We've been living for more than 2 years with the scalability issue, and there's real drama here, because nothing is fixed, mempool is rising again. Blocks are full. I already made a topic about it sometimes last year (or was that the year before? I don't want to check). I thought SegWit would be a nice step solution but it's dead, and the SegWit 2X thing is already dead before launched.

What's next? There are topics about Amazon suddenly accepting BTC, but the people who expect this, haven't understood that Amazon would kill BTC if it accepted it. The network couldn't handle such a huge number of additional transactions.

The worst part is that despite all this, BTC's price keeps on rising. That makes me richer, but sad because the people who invest in BTC today, cannot share the enthusiasm and the ideals which made me invest in it in 2013.

It is now obvious that BTC will never replace credit cards. BTC is slower than Paypal, and sometimes even more expensive. The past 2 years have clearly shown that there won't be a quick fix to BTC's problems. All the early adopters know that. If BTC's price keeps on rising, that is because the newcomers DO NOT care about BTC. They just want to make a quick buck.
Pages:
Jump to: