Author

Topic: Bitcoin is Becoming a Global Currency - page 141. (Read 226365 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
September 11, 2015, 06:18:34 PM

What about endogenous money creation and destruction as required by the economy? I assume it won't be a matter of dispute that 1) this is a useful feature, and 2) Bitcoin is totally devoid of it...

Money is never destroyed, it is supposed to when the interest rates rise but we all know how BS is that.

The interest rates can never ever fucking rise again, because that woud collapse the world economy under the pressure of debt
Activity: 994
Merit: 500
September 11, 2015, 05:49:07 PM
Bitcoin is already a global currency in the terms of cryptocurrencies. Agreed.

USD is the only global currency atm tho.

LOL, Bitcoin can't replace USD, Bitcoin still a baby. i'm not sure Bitcoin can be a real global currency, it's just alt currency but it will big and will be a global alternative currency. the fact is there are still a lot people still choose a paypal than bitcoin, it's prove if Bitcoin can't replace fiat, but it became a global alternative currency.

Bitcoin is a baby but it has started to walk Tongue , i see especially my friends time by time are more interested about bitcoin but as anyone are afraid to invest because of decline. Fiat has it own place and can't be replaced by bitcoin but online bitcoin is competitive.

Well, unless your friends are willing to invest tens of thousands of dollars I don’t see why anyone could be afraid; invest a sum that, if everything goes to hell, you’ll not be afraid to lose, maybe a few hundreds, tops. Familiarize yourself with the bitcoin community and see if it’s for you.

I don't have friends that will invest tens of thousands of dollars in bitcoin. These are called boss(es) Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
September 11, 2015, 05:20:27 PM

What about endogenous money creation and destruction as required by the economy? I assume it won't be a matter of dispute that 1) this is a useful feature, and 2) Bitcoin is totally devoid of it...
legendary
September 11, 2015, 03:41:49 PM

Bitcoin/gold/silver is our saviour!

Lol, you talk about logarithmic charts, but at the same time fail to notice that the Y-axis at this chart doesn't start at zero and the M3 monetary aggregate had actually increased only by 25% in the time span of ten years (less than 3% annually)...
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
September 11, 2015, 03:08:01 PM
it will become soon ...am happy that it is gaining its popularity day by that.....hope the day will come when we dont have currencies and get to see a FUTURE WORLD- BITCOIN WORLD am dying and waiting for the day to come Cheesy Shocked
legendary
September 11, 2015, 02:44:31 PM
Fiat cannot compete with bitcoin, that is why it is forced on us!

In hyperinflation peeps easily switch either to using some foreign currency or to trading through barter. Therefore, no one can force you to stick to a money that is no longer money (see Zimbabwe as the most recent example). Yes, you still have to pay taxes, but in this very case you pay them with already devalued money (Olivera–Tanzi effect)...
legendary
September 11, 2015, 01:19:26 PM

What do you talk about guys, Bitcoin is Currency, Bitcoin is Money.

Fiat is Currency, but Fiat is not money, it's a "bank-note" a.k.a  toilet paper with human pictures on it.

-----

If there would be no fiat money, bitcoin would probably be used by much more people than it is now. People need a means of exchange, and bitcoin is perfect for the digital age +2000 era.

The first part naturally contradicts the second

Ok, i corrected it. I like you are like my old grammar teacher, always picking on the small mistakes.

Kinda seems you didn't even grasp what I was referring to. I specifically omitted "money" from highlighting, so that you would get a clue, but since you are devastatingly clueless, this didn't help either...

If fiat is not money, it cannot compete with something being money as money, by definition
September 11, 2015, 01:13:53 PM

Fiat is Currency, but Fiat is not money, it's a "bank-note" a.k.a  toilet paper with human pictures on it.

-----

If there would be no fiat money, bitcoin would probably be used by much more people than it is now. People need a means of exchange, and bitcoin is perfect for the digital age +2000 era.

Ok, i corrected it. I like you are like my old grammar teacher, always picking on the small mistakes.
legendary
September 11, 2015, 01:10:33 PM

-----

September 11, 2015, 12:57:50 PM

-----

If there would be no fiat currency, bitcoin would probably be used by much more people than it is now. People need a means of exchange, and bitcoin is perfect for the digital age +2000 era.
Activity: 714
Me, myself and I
September 11, 2015, 09:26:56 AM
yes soon it will be the world wide best technology ..and it will replce or extect the word "money" we will call it 'cryptomoney' in a smarter way.I wish I got 10bitcoins in next year before its too late and future comes in

No, money is a good term. But people have to learn that the toilet paper that they have in their purse is not money, its a "bank-note" or in other words its a toilet paper scam currency.

Money is only: gold,silver, bitcoin.
Bitcoin can't replace fiat money , bitcoin is the only way to have an easy transaction. Because we use bitcoin as a currency when we can exchange it as a fiat money, if theres no fiat money anymore bitcoin will also lost .
Totally agree with you said, in other word bitcoin will make you easy to transfer money to other country you need wait 2-3 days if you using bank transfer but with bitcoin you only need an hour
Activity: 504
September 11, 2015, 09:22:03 AM
yes soon it will be the world wide best technology ..and it will replce or extect the word "money" we will call it 'cryptomoney' in a smarter way.I wish I got 10bitcoins in next year before its too late and future comes in

No, money is a good term. But people have to learn that the toilet paper that they have in their purse is not money, its a "bank-note" or in other words its a toilet paper scam currency.

Bitcoin can't replace fiat money , bitcoin is the only way to have an easy transaction. Because we use bitcoin as a currency when we can exchange it as a fiat money, if theres no fiat money anymore bitcoin will also lost .

I totally agree with you because their is no future of Bitcoin with out Currency, because at the end of the day what ever you do with bitcoins you have to convert it through Currency, but in future bitcoin will become essential as most the part of every business they will start bitcoin as payment system, but then also bitcoins original price will be according to the Currency.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
September 11, 2015, 09:03:31 AM

September 10, 2015, 02:26:37 PM

Activity: 336
September 10, 2015, 01:59:56 PM
Activity: 398
September 10, 2015, 11:50:48 AM
Yeah. Bitcoin is becoming a global currency and after sometime, it will use anywhere. In my think, peoples is preffering Bitcoin more and more  Smiley
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
September 10, 2015, 10:27:03 AM
Yes, Bitcoin has potential to become a global currency but its kind of self serving and narrow.  Bitcoin transfers are instant, regardless of the current price in FIAT, its an instant exchange medium, that's its main strength. Also, speculators do and will speculate on anything. All Bitcoin really does is speed and cut the cost of transfers from buyer to seller of goods. Due to such unique qualities Bitcoin can be global currency.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
September 10, 2015, 08:05:44 AM
"If it is defined as a global currency, this would be a
positive step to encouraging the bitcoin market to
continue innovating. The Australian bitcoin market will
significantly improve.   Smiley

I think every market for every country that has an exchange would improve.

Not just australian, and esp those who need to move money the most would be the ones to 1st explode.
But some times government of some country will not allowed bitcoin in their country because of their banks will be outweigh and also they though the negative effect of bitcoin and not those positive effect.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
September 09, 2015, 11:51:48 PM
"If it is defined as a global currency, this would be a
positive step to encouraging the bitcoin market to
continue innovating. The Australian bitcoin market will
significantly improve.   Smiley

I think every market for every country that has an exchange would improve.

Not just australian, and esp those who need to move money the most would be the ones to 1st explode.
Activity: 434
September 08, 2015, 10:26:18 PM

Yeah, but at what point do you consider it to be officially a decline?

I buy in small amounts, but at this point in time. I think buying in general should be avoided despite people stating its cheap, and further your creative options to get it by selling something or other creative ways then buying a coin.

cause you know some go all-in and now they are in debt based on the rate dependency.

Well maybe some people think bitcoin will devalue over time from here on out and fluctuate at a price way lower than what it was in 2013; that doesn't mean that people still won't believe in the value of a decentralized currency that can be globally used.  Honestly, I think that there will be 3 or 4 major players in the crypto world that would offer different capabilities.  That, in turn, means that bitcoin would have to share the market of who uses cryptocurrency (because, let's face it... fiat isn't going anywhere).

So what I'm trying to get at is that maybe more and more people are starting to not like how bitcoins volatile market is going right now due to the blockchain debate... so people with bitcoins (I think) are starting to hedge funds into altcoins that they think are going to "make it". When I say "make it" I don't mean surpass the price of bitcoin, but instead be a major player that has substantial amount of value above a couple of dollars per coin.  Therefore, the occasional bubble and bursts of btc are going to happen for a while now because when people see it declining in price, they aren't just buying btc because they think that it's going to go to $900 again... but they are trying to ride the bull to a certain price point to get more "bang for their buck" to get more altcoins per btc.

Theres some hard truth for people to swallow lol.

Fiat isnt going to go anywhere, and I like how some threads say that bitcoin would be a world reserve currency to replace fiat lolll.

Jump to: