Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is gold? - page 4. (Read 848 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 526
April 22, 2018, 08:06:21 AM
I watched a video telling that every paper currency in history all collapsed , and USD will collapse too, in future.

The time in which a currency collapses is when people don't believe in its value anymore. And obviously, when thought reversely, something becomes a currency when more and more people believe in its value.
And currency becomes money when they don't lose value between people regardless of time, like gold.

Do you believe btc could be in this position? BTC could become gold?

No, I don't think so. Bitcoin is and will likely remain a speculative asset in the foreseeable future. In this fashion, it is more like paper or any other money which doesn't have intrinsic value on its own. From this point of view, bitcoin may end up like many fiat monies ended turning into trash, in this case, digital trash. The fact that bitcoin issuance is limited doesn't play a factor here because to have value, it shouldn't only be a scarce resource (like, for example, gold) but it should also be useful for some real purpose, even if for speculative ends.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
April 22, 2018, 07:27:18 AM
On the other hand, bitcoin can be compared with gold, but the price of bitcoin and gold are very different, and it can not be compared with gold, the price of gold is not as jumping as bitcoin)
Activity: 61
April 22, 2018, 07:21:03 AM
in my opinion can not bitcoint in the same with gold, because bitcoint virtual currency, another thing with the gold in the form of objects, from the value of the price was higher than the appeal of gold
Activity: 224
April 22, 2018, 07:19:46 AM
btc is god of crypto,it is very importance now,btc is leader of whole market,it is creat crypto market,btc is asset of crypto market and gold is asset in the real life,i think this is the same
Activity: 126
April 22, 2018, 07:16:32 AM
Any thing you can imagine because of it s value bitcoin is much better than gold i think people all ready know it. thats why market demand always high for btc if you check the last 1 year graph you will be clear why people say that btc was gold.
Activity: 22
April 22, 2018, 06:54:58 AM
bitcoin is an asset, which is most similar to gold and has enormous value but the safest one is gold because in bitcoin no one can be sure if it still exists after ten years but if gold for the next ten years it is still there.
Activity: 78
April 22, 2018, 06:28:30 AM
bitcoin over gold probably this sentence describes its current existence.
I do not think the sentence is indisputable for now.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
April 22, 2018, 06:09:15 AM
BTC could be considered something somewhat alike to gold, but considering it to be a direct equal might be a bit far off. Yes BTC can be compared since it will reach a cap as gold will reach a point when it all of the resource that can be possibly mined is exhausted. Gold doesn’t carry the same amount of instability or potential for growth that BTC has as of now. The reserves of gold that exist are very well protected in a physical sense, but could be infiltrated, but it remains just as highly unlikely that the majority BTC will be bought off and therefore controlled.  

Activity: 218
Merit: 10
April 22, 2018, 06:07:25 AM
No, these are different things. Gold in fact performs one function, it's metal. Bitcoin, in turn, is universal. For someone it is a valuable funds, for another money, etc.
Activity: 532
█ J A X N E T W O R K █
April 22, 2018, 06:03:52 AM
Bitcoin and gold have the same thing in common. But the value of BTC is much bigger than gold, and BTC is not widely accepted as gold. Gold is the measure of the economy.
Activity: 672
Merit: 32
April 22, 2018, 05:45:59 AM
I'm sure future of BTC becomes very valuable as gold of course with higher value. Because technology is growing and sophisticated. Especially the payment system of course btc and crypto the best solution for online transactions long distance wherever and wherever and other advantages that I think is very fantastic and real
Activity: 210
April 22, 2018, 05:37:12 AM

I think bitcoin is an investment that can change many things. Whereas gold is body jewelry that can be bought with bitcoin. So between bitcoin and gold there is little difference in its use.
Activity: 336
“Crypto Depository Receipts”
April 22, 2018, 05:30:48 AM

I think it's complicated that no one even knows what will happen in the future. for now and the next 20 years there will be many changes that occur. certainly there will be many things created from technology. as well as with virtual currency can be the main commodity in the world. but for now we will always use paper money

Bitcoin is a virtual gold, and bitcoin can surpass gold so for me bitcoin is the new gold.
Activity: 1236
Merit: 252
April 22, 2018, 05:24:50 AM
I watched a video telling that every paper currency in history all collapsed , and USD will collapse too, in future.

The time in which a currency collapses is when people don't believe in its value anymore. And obviously, when thought reversely, something becomes a currency when more and more people believe in its value.
And currency becomes money when they don't lose value between people regardless of time, like gold.

of course not, bitcoins are digital currencies, digital ones can only exist in computers alone, while gold has a real shape and gold can not be on the computer, not only that, the total supply of bitcoin and gold is also very different. in my opinion bitcoin will never be gold.
Of course both the gold and the bitcoin are really change as bitcoin has no figure but it use to buy  and save by a lot of investors, bitcoin is modern investment which has very bright future and people believe in bitcoin much more than gold, on the other hand gold has physical state but it is an old fashioned investment but now it considers as jewelry only not an investment as everyone knows about slow profit in long time with gold, so I choose bitcoin as an investment, it has no concern with gold,.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 101
ComboLabs
April 22, 2018, 03:17:59 AM

I think it's complicated that no one even knows what will happen in the future. for now and the next 20 years there will be many changes that occur. certainly there will be many things created from technology. as well as with virtual currency can be the main commodity in the world. but for now we will always use paper money
Activity: 308
April 22, 2018, 03:17:41 AM
Most likely the transition to crypto-currencies is possible. But these are only thoughts.
Activity: 203
Merit: 17
April 22, 2018, 03:13:31 AM
yes, for me it is like digital gold, u cant work much with it, but u can invest into and forget about, for ordinary ppl it is not easy to manage with it, so there is should be some centers verification or smth like that, where they will help ppl to invest into it
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
April 22, 2018, 03:09:33 AM

money, gold, and bitcoin have differences and similarities, I do not think that would be possible. money has a fixed value, and can price an item accurately. but bitcoin can not, bitcoin has a fluctuating value so it does not remain its value, it's the same as gold. and bitcoin can't replace gold, because it has different uses. the equation is all can be used for payment. but bitcoin and gold more on investment instruments.

both uses are indeed true bitcoin and gold is a very different thing. investment gains are certainly also very much different things where gold is indeed safe but the result was not as much as his fluctuating risk however bitcoin is very high.
Activity: 490
Merit: 106
April 22, 2018, 02:46:51 AM
I think for long investment, gold still better than bitcoin.gold is a physical investment with a fixed value.bitcoin also good for investment but the value fluctuates.bitcoin need more effort than gold, but it can make a quick profit than gold.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
April 22, 2018, 02:45:26 AM
in the real world, we know that there is gold that has a great value, and it is very valuable, in digital currencies or cryptocurrencies the bitcoin is the "gold" because it has high value and every people can buy bitcoin as investment, so gold and bitcoin are the same with different classification
Pages:
Jump to: