Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is gold? - page 8. (Read 848 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 0
April 21, 2018, 10:39:08 AM
For me, btc has its own value. While gold has its own artistic value in accessories for women.
So between gold and bitcoin has excess value each.
Activity: 672
Merit: 14
April 21, 2018, 10:34:02 AM
I watched a video telling that every paper currency in history all collapsed , and USD will collapse too, in future.

The time in which a currency collapses is when people don't believe in its value anymore. And obviously, when thought reversely, something becomes a currency when more and more people believe in its value.
And currency becomes money when they don't lose value between people regardless of time, like gold.

Do you believe btc could be in this position? BTC could become gold?
Bitcoin and gold almost work on the same principle with the difference being that gold can be seen and touched but BT is virtual. Both BTC and gold are mined and are limited in supply, hence a shoot in demand increases its value and price on the market.
Activity: 418
Merit: 100
April 21, 2018, 10:33:28 AM
in my opinion bitcoin will not be gold, because bitcoin is not physical only nominal digital, while gold is precious metal, bitcoin can lose its value like money but gold value will not lost because of gold physical
Activity: 166
April 21, 2018, 10:30:59 AM
I watched a video telling that every paper currency in history all collapsed , and USD will collapse too, in future.

The time in which a currency collapses is when people don't believe in its value anymore. And obviously, when thought reversely, something becomes a currency when more and more people believe in its value.
And currency becomes money when they don't lose value between people regardless of time, like gold.

since ancient times people have assumed that gold is the most valuable item compared with fiat currency. and to date gold is still seen as a valuable item. but with the presence of gold bitcoin to be less desirable, but even so gold will never be replaced by bitcoin
Activity: 140
April 21, 2018, 10:28:24 AM

I think it is two difference thing. gold is physically investment, the bitcoin is digital crypto. so, gold is very stable but bitcoin is the future.
Activity: 700
Merit: 275
April 21, 2018, 10:27:43 AM

BTC is just the BTC and nothing else mate.  Cheesy

Its completely different story and I am sure that making the title of gold doesnt suit the bitcoin anyway. Bitcoin is created out of ease of transaction and when we say that then its more like currency only but with different form and name. Just like the way we have USD, GBP, EURO, INR, YEN and much more to count on. This is like global symbolisation which every country usage and recognise the bitcoin as it is! The gold is different story and its just precious metal neither it has replaced the money nor it will be called a money too.
Activity: 658
Merit: 105
April 21, 2018, 10:27:24 AM
Of course it's gold. Banks are doing everything they can to make ordinary people lose confidence in bitcoins so they can buy them for sale and accumulate them for the future and then use them for their investment proposals to....... normal people.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 21, 2018, 10:24:14 AM
BTC is not gold but have some features that is the same comparing with gold. BTC was also the 1st criptocurrency as it was gold a lot of years ago. At the same time BTC is the main criptocurrency as gold in fiat world (all countries have gold funds).

It's definitely behaving like digital gold. As soon as the Syria business happened, both gold and bitcoin started rising. It's clear that some investors think it's a hedge against geopolitical risk.
Activity: 665
Merit: 10
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
April 21, 2018, 10:22:20 AM

Somehow explain is difficult,many time people call them Bitcoin is gold because Bitcoin value high. Again some people tell him ETH gold, because value is good think now.
So personally Bitcoin is a gold to gold with me and my life.
Activity: 686
April 21, 2018, 10:17:47 AM
That's how many experts see it a digital gold, it made sense since bitcoin is like an asset rather than an currency, Yes. We can purchase items using Btc but it's not sustainable in the long run specially if bitcoin price shoots up, fees will follow Smiley
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
April 21, 2018, 10:11:11 AM
BTC is not gold but have some features that is the same comparing with gold. BTC was also the 1st criptocurrency as it was gold a lot of years ago. At the same time BTC is the main criptocurrency as gold in fiat world (all countries have gold funds).
Activity: 98
April 21, 2018, 09:47:25 AM

Yes, in terms of price we can compare bitcoin to gold because both are very expensive, gold price for now per 1 kilograms is more than $40,000 while the bitcoin price for now is close $8500 but the good thing for gold is not affected by price volatility.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
April 21, 2018, 09:35:47 AM
Bitcoin is investment and we put money to buy bitcoin ,as we put our money in here, we can compare bitcoin to gold , as gold is a precious matter or element, so it is valuable , as bitcoin has value then bitcoin as gold.
Activity: 812
Merit: 253
April 21, 2018, 09:25:37 AM
 I think bitcoin currently acts like gold, people buy them and hold them for long term and sell them when the price is upraised. But they both are really different from each other aside from Bitcoin being a digital currency, it also is used as a form of payment too. Maybe that is one of the reasons why some people think bitcoin can be like gold because of how people buy and sell them.
Activity: 560
Merit: 102
April 21, 2018, 09:24:32 AM
Just like what you say. After a while people will no longer believe in these coins. And then the coins collapsed. Bitcoin as well as other coins are no exception. will collapse after a while if these coins do not have the trust of people. If BTC can become gold in this market. BTC needs to change a lot to be considered gold.
Activity: 154
April 21, 2018, 09:21:52 AM
bitcoin instead of bitcoin gold is the only digital currency in the internet but its real value, bitcoin is safe because it is created with a decentralized system with peer to peer payouts
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
April 21, 2018, 09:09:12 AM

Hi!

Main obvious difference between Gold and Bitcoin is that Gold is a tangible physical precious metal,whereas bitcoin is digital currency. Also Bitcoin use as a payment method.Gold increase that price because of people use gold for jewelry and some industrial applications, so the metal slowly goes out of circulation, increasing its scarcity. Another reason is that people believe in gold. Bitcoin increase that price because of supply and demand,Technical development, Government regulations and many more community related task. To become like price of gold, bitcoin should maintain stable price with less volatility. Also without available physically, it is hard to make trust. Hence I believe bitcoin not like a gold.

Thanks    
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
April 21, 2018, 09:01:43 AM

What kind of video have you have watched?cartoons?or pre historical?lol currency or fiats will live as long as people are alive,we will not coming back in stone age when monetary are stones ..we will be having our fiats foreve even if cryptocurrencies are adapted by all countries and every governments.

And bitcoin will never become gold because we have lots of tons of golds to consume
Activity: 504
April 21, 2018, 09:01:30 AM
I think for the collapse of paper currency is very difficult even though bitcoin can be the main currency, because we understand that not everyone can access bitcoin with the limitations of the Internet network.
U20
Activity: 546
Merit: 103
CAT.EX Exchange
April 21, 2018, 08:54:36 AM
yes bitcoin is a digital gold. and I am confident that the years will be valued like gold and the price will settle.
it is a very new currency.
Pages:
Jump to: