Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is illegal in some country - page 3. (Read 1759 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Transact Safer / Chase Better
November 24, 2017, 11:31:02 PM
See if it illegal than why can't country ban the Bitcoin. Every central bank is mentioning the same but they are not banning the Bitcoin. They will realize once they understand technology behind the Bitcoin.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
November 24, 2017, 11:28:44 PM
In some big countries, the government's conservative policies have made it inaccessible to people to get bitcoin. , China prohibits people from using bitcoin in their country of unsupported bitcoin. I hope that in the future bitcoin will be legal for many countries.
Activity: 658
Merit: 274
Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.
November 24, 2017, 10:52:20 PM
Surprising isn't it? I had read some news about "is bitcoin illegal?" Most of the information I got says that bitcoin will be only ILLEGAL if and only if the user is using it in illegal way. So lets go back to the question. Why bitcoin is illegal in some country? Probably, most of the people in the country where bitcoin is illegal are using it in wrong way it might be for killings or some unwanted acts.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
November 24, 2017, 10:20:28 PM
Well I mean, is something like this all that surprising? In smaller countries, where they're already ridden with corrupution and the governments trying to squeeze as much as they can out of people. Do you think they're going to allow for a decentralized currency to come in as a way to hide money from the government? No, they're obviously not going to leave any power to anyone else. Because if they do, that'll lead them down a long line of them probably losing their position for being too WEAK.

There's a lot of money to be made in centralized banking, especially for governments and banks, teehee.
Correct, while I would like bitcoin to be legal all over the world I cannot blame them they are understanding very clearly that bitcoin a threat to them and they are taking actions to protect themselves unfortunately for them that is not going to work.
Activity: 182
Merit: 120
November 21, 2017, 02:47:28 PM
I am suprised to see that using Bitcoin is punisheable in some countries. I mean, if you know bitcoin is forbidden on your country, you just have to use VPN to buy and sell, there's no secret. The trend is more often the governments banning the cryptocurrency all around the world. In my country, the IRS have said that Bitcoin might be dangerous because it lacks of regulations.
Activity: 1236
Merit: 252
November 21, 2017, 02:46:08 PM
:'(Yes, some governments do not recognize bitcoin, but this does not negate the value of it
Yes it’s true that bitcoin is illegal in some countries and in some countries its legal because other countries think bitcoin can make problem for them but I think they are wrong because bitcoin is trying to help in economy of countries that’s why bitcoin is legal in some countries so I’m sure that in coming time bitcoin will be legal soon in the rest of countries.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
November 21, 2017, 02:40:07 PM
the use of the cryptocurrency is illegal in some countries and punishable special at MOROCCO (North Africa)

just bitcoin or the whole crypto currency ? because i know an alt coin now having an ICo for the development of their internet.. it will provide the fastest internet that africa never had .. in this case your country is cutting the line to have  development there.
Activity: 847
Merit: 500
November 21, 2017, 02:39:48 PM
I wish people would just start being accepting of cryptocurrency instead of bashing it just because it isn't green paper or tangible and because of the fact that they can't collect tax as easily on it.

That's not the major reason I don't think. Yeah, it can't be regulated, but the thing is, BTC isn't practical for everyday use as of right now. The fees associated with micro transactions are way to high and the fact that there is a chance that transactions can be double spent and no confirmations etc. This is what the government is banging its head over.
Activity: 266
November 21, 2017, 02:36:52 PM
Like my country in Indonesia.BTC in indonesia is ilegal
But now there are some place that allow Btc as means of payment in my country

You may be mistaken, the Indonesian government does not currently prohibit bitcoin. They simply informed that bitcoin was not valid for payment, but the circulation of bitcoin in Indonesia was allowed.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
November 21, 2017, 02:32:17 PM
I wish people would just start being accepting of cryptocurrency instead of bashing it just because it isn't green paper or tangible and because of the fact that they can't collect tax as easily on it.
Activity: 135
November 21, 2017, 02:25:01 PM
In Russia, bitcoin is banned. But in the US, while the laws are very incomprehensible
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
November 21, 2017, 02:19:13 PM
Many countries have banned Bitcoin because of its decentralized nature. The government would never allow anything to come in the mainstream which are out of there control as government can't regulate it's flow.
Another reason for government to ban Bitcoin is its anonymous transactions. The transactions of Bitcoin can't be traced so it is a very good medium for illegal transactions and hence can pose a threat to security of a nation.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 252
November 21, 2017, 11:51:46 AM
Bitcoin is illegal in some countries, that's true. But I'm confused with the punishment that should be given to people using bitcoin in a country that forbids bitcoin. I think that a proper penalty for such a thing should not be more than a fine of money. Or even if you have to be in jail, do not take too long.
I do not know what causes bitcoin to be illegal in a country. but, I think it would be very harmful. well, bitcoin can provide a very good boost for each country that receives it. it is able to make people grow.
Activity: 336
November 21, 2017, 11:48:46 AM
Is that true ...
if it's true that's really good news, it means that bitcoin is increasingly acknowledged to have very interesting value.
Certainly the government in the country understands the benefits that can be obtained from bitcoin and of course to boost the country to move forward.
hopefully more good news about bitcoin progress.
Activity: 434
November 21, 2017, 11:48:27 AM
the use of the cryptocurrency is illegal in some countries and punishable special at MOROCCO (North Africa)

There are a lot of countries where using of bitcoin is illegal it is because of the threat and because of the government that banned bitcoin in that country its all depend of them they are the one to deside because they are the governemnt but sometimes it is all about money they dont want a high technology just because they cant corrupt money.
Activity: 574
Merit: 503
November 21, 2017, 11:47:02 AM
Bitcoin is illegal in some countries, that's true. But I'm confused with the punishment that should be given to people using bitcoin in a country that forbids bitcoin. I think that a proper penalty for such a thing should not be more than a fine of money. Or even if you have to be in jail, do not take too long.
Activity: 294
November 21, 2017, 11:40:37 AM

that is what is already happened to my country (Indonesia) central bank of Indonesian (roles as central government of bank) they are stated that bitcoin is prohibited in my country especially for payment because that is potentially to use in illegal aspects.
Activity: 5
November 21, 2017, 11:37:51 AM
It’s still relatively new so governments will be careful at first and of course I’m
Sure figure out ways to make money from crypto too
Activity: 178
Merit: 10
November 21, 2017, 11:36:39 AM
Bitcoin is also illegal in China. In fact, Bitcoin is now illegal in many countries. The world is paying more attention to bitcoin. More and more people know bitcoin. Sad
Activity: 266
Merit: 13
November 21, 2017, 11:34:45 AM
Yes some countries consider bitcoin as illegal because of the involvement of money. Others even call bitcoin as scam.
Pages:
Jump to: