Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is not a currency? - page 12. (Read 1975 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 500
March 25, 2018, 10:08:03 AM
Bitcoin is a digital currency, it has been accepted as a currency and is a legitimate, circulated and traded asset in many countries around the world. Some countries have high technology like Japan and Germany.
Bitcoin is also widely used as an efficient and cost-effective payment option.
yes, many of the people now uses it, and it is already legalized in some countries as one of their currency, literally bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and we can trade using it , we can also exchange it as our own currency, so therefore i treat it like our own currency, many people always mistaken it and have a problem with it, as long as it has a value we can conclude that this one is a currency.
Activity: 353
Merit: 4
March 25, 2018, 09:55:52 AM
I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Is he a hater of bitcoin? while other big names appreciate the bitcoin.

Your thoughts?

Do not panic, it's just a prediction that is not necessarily true, and do not believe it too much. Bitcoin is a strong crypto coin and that adopts bitcoin is also very much, and it makes bitcoin can survive.
Activity: 183
Merit: 2
March 25, 2018, 09:40:59 AM
Seriously ?
How many times I have read in treats like this.
Think about your coin you have in your physical wallet right now.

What give them value ?
You like your community is the ONLY answer.

And your Goverment call it currency because they recognise it as " official " and can be trade with others in traditional market.

Let's make an example:
What If I need a bottle of milk and you have a cow. Would you give that for free ? Of course not, unless you are a Hare Krishna - so we have to find something to exchange. It could be my hours of work in your fields or something else like for example I can make a cup of tea or whatever.

Money like we used to think are just a easy method to exchange some goods - but we see now that is not the only option
Activity: 817
Merit: 250
March 25, 2018, 09:37:43 AM
I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Your thoughts?
according to what I am experiencing and know for now bitcoin is currency but digital currency or currencies that apply to crypto trade so for the definition of currency can be fully used transactions in general and free can not be done now
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
March 25, 2018, 09:34:11 AM

Your thoughts?

Maybe before no they are noy a currency but not they are pretty much accepted by a lot of people around the world so they are pretty much can be consider as a currency and they will.not be called as a cryptocurrency if they are really not a currency they are just being upgraded once and do not controlled byba government doesn't mean that they are not a currency anymore. It can buy things and it van be exchange into cash so they are a currency for me but we all have different perspective in such things.
Activity: 526
markaccy.io
March 25, 2018, 09:30:53 AM

Your thoughts?
everyone has their own opinion about bitcoin. some like it, some are not. But for me that's normal, whatever they say about bitcoin, I do not really care. Because for me, bitcoin is a good prospect for the future, and I myself feel the positive impact of dabbling in the bitcoin world, especially in investing.
legendary
Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000
March 25, 2018, 09:28:42 AM
Bitcoin is a digital currency, it has been accepted as a currency and is a legitimate, circulated and traded asset in many countries around the world. Some countries have high technology like Japan and Germany.
All of the time that I've been there in bitcoin I thought that bitcoin is a currency, a currency in terms of digital, a currency where you can used but not in a physical way like fiats but it has a value that is more than the value of a real money. And besides bitcoin is now already used in some mode of payments so bitcoin is a currency.
Activity: 314
Merit: 0
March 25, 2018, 09:25:52 AM
we value the opinion of Warrenn Buffett, who says that Bitcoin is not a Currency. while what we know is, Bitcoin's Digital currency. yes maybe He's a Bitcoin hater, or he wants to influence others to not like Bitcoin. let's just look at the fact that Bitcoin enthusiasts are so much!
Activity: 108
March 25, 2018, 09:20:21 AM
If you can buy and sell with it, i think it qualifies as a currency.
Activity: 139
March 25, 2018, 09:09:09 AM
Activity: 638
Merit: 300
March 25, 2018, 09:04:34 AM
Everyone is having their own presumptions about bitcoin and some of them love it and some of them are not sure about it. So most probably Warren is one of the guy who is not liking the idea of bitcoin making others rich! He struggled for isn't it but now every man can just get as much money as they could if worked properly on the project.

Anyway, whether bitcoin is currency or not is big question and many of them consider it as asset though it was meant to be currency by the founder of bitcoin that is Mr. Satoshi sir!

true, I agree with what you have said. Everyone of us has its own opinion about bitcoin or cryptocurrency. I don't think he is a hater of bitcoin but I do think he has a different understanding or interpretation of what bitcoin really is. and also bitcoin is not a currency .it is a digital currency and for some it is an asset and for some it is an investment.
Activity: 140
March 25, 2018, 08:59:50 AM
maybe that's just his opinion we never know the next few years about what will happen because change always happens at any time.bitcoin as currency or not it depends on the person itself, if bitcoin as a means of payment then it is called a currency
Activity: 236
Merit: 10
Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks
March 25, 2018, 08:59:37 AM
He was living in an old school or he was just planing to promote a defirent kinds of mode of payments in the future. As you can see almost all of the company around the world already start studying crypto currency if bitcoin will lost in the future atleast he already mad a legendary history that crypto curency exist.
Activity: 378
Merit: 3
March 25, 2018, 08:52:55 AM
bitcoin is nt a currency bitcoin asset bitcoin speculation is more high we cant consider it as a currency
Activity: 193
Merit: 1
March 25, 2018, 08:52:48 AM

Your thoughts?

Bitcoin is an innovation for transactions. For now it's serving its purpose that's why it's highly demanded at the market. Until no new innovation will come out that can compete with bitcoin, it will retain in its position. Bitcoin will still be in the market 10 years from now. The question is it's value by then.
Activity: 420
Merit: 50
March 25, 2018, 08:52:19 AM
so far there are many people who say bitcoin is the currency but I myself do not agree if bitcoin is called a currency because it is bitcoin itself does not have characteristics such as the feature of the currency. so its not complementary to be a currency
Bitcoin consider as a currency because they based on the demand and supply on the marketplace .also bitcoin is decentralized in all over the world and no one can controlled to its fluctuations .We are all anonymous in this kind of transactions if bitcoin is not a currency why theres a high taking risk on bitcoin.
Activity: 224
March 25, 2018, 08:49:52 AM
Bitcoin is a crypto currency or a digital currency.Unlike fiat,Bitcoin has a huge value also its value is volatile so it will rise of fall from time to time.Also Bitcoin is good for investment.Bitcoin is still a currency and it is being use by many people all over the world.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 397
dice9.win/ - Simple, fast and provably fair
March 25, 2018, 08:46:44 AM
so far there are many people who say bitcoin is the currency but I myself do not agree if bitcoin is called a currency because it is bitcoin itself does not have characteristics such as the feature of the currency. so its not complementary to be a currency
Activity: 196
March 25, 2018, 08:44:39 AM

Your thoughts?
Bitcoin is a currency and also a property of those who own it. I think many people are investing in Bitcoin just to get a bit of time and money. Long-term investment, this does not affect Bitcoin much, but these currencies need more supply, so I think it is necessary to invest in long-term.

There is no relation between more supply and necessary to invest. So what are you trying yo say?
And why do you need more supply of bitcoin? As we all know bitcoin has fix supply, its just 21 million of bitcoin so i dont think it can add more supply.
Activity: 280
March 25, 2018, 06:09:21 AM
Opponents of the perception of bitcoin as ordinary money note: for money, it is characteristic to be a product of the state order. The state issues emission, providing a certain value for money and establishes their obligation as a legal means of payment. Proceeding from this definition it is obvious that bitcoin is not a monetary instrument, since it is not emitted by the state, it does not guarantee its value and does not establish the duty to accept it.
Pages:
Jump to: