Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is not a currency? - page 10. (Read 1973 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 256
April 01, 2018, 12:02:08 PM
I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Is he a hater of bitcoin? while other big names appreciate the bitcoin.

Your thoughts?
after the G20 meeting yesterday, it was discussed by them that bitcoin has no currency property but can be recognized as a digital asset that has valuable asset value. if according to a man named Warren Buffett that bitcoin can only be used 10 to 20 years, I think it's just his personal predictions. all crypto users must believe that bitcoin will continue to grow and its existence will surely be further developed by the younger generation's successors who are focused and have special expertise in this technology field.
Activity: 406
Merit: 13
April 01, 2018, 10:02:39 AM
Well you can not blame him because he spoke base on his understanding of bitcoin/cryptocurrency entirely because to me a currency is any thing that can be use as a mode of payment for goods and services and bitcoin performs such role which is why bitcoin is generally accepted worldwide.
Activity: 406
Merit: 254
BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange
April 01, 2018, 08:18:34 AM
I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Is he a hater of bitcoin? while other big names appreciate the bitcoin.

Your thoughts?
We have different perception towards to this currency, some of them dislike bitcoin and wants to expressed their thoughts and ideas to inform people based on what they feel, on the other side some of them support bitcoin cause they know this currency much, they have knowledge and brcame part with their life. Mr. Warren Buffet maybe belong to the first sentence that I said, I doubt, because there so much reason why like him dislike bitcoin. No matter what it is just let him be.
MRY
Activity: 560
Merit: 109
April 01, 2018, 08:12:18 AM
I think, bitcoin is currency but in digital and we can only use it online, bitcoin is not real like official currency and not many countries can accept bitcoin as payment so there are still many countries that do not consider bitcoin is currency
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
April 01, 2018, 08:01:47 AM
He just boasted for no apparent reason, because there's already a lot of bitcoin evidence as a virtual currency whose users are vast, more than money, more than assets.
Yes, perhaps all his saying is just his own opinion and speculations with no formal or proper basis. As far as i know Bitcoin is a virtual or digital currency circulated over the internet because it has corresponded market value and convertible for any of our local money and even what big man says about it, still I will continue working for Bitcoin and grab this opportunity while still ticking
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
April 01, 2018, 07:49:40 AM
Bitcoin is not a a currency because no law is proclaiming making bitcoin into currency..
That's is.... No law to support its a currency in short....
No , bitcoin is created in digital technology and   still consider as currency even though its different from our tradïtional currency and to prove many of business establishment accept bitcoin as mode of payment.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
April 01, 2018, 07:25:09 AM
I think bitcoin is not a currency. which we can hold, touch, so it's different.
Activity: 882
Merit: 403
April 01, 2018, 07:24:31 AM
He just boasted for no apparent reason, because there's already a lot of bitcoin evidence as a virtual currency whose users are vast, more than money, more than assets.

Yup, I absolutely agree with you here pal. Clearly, he is only saying this because he does not understand the whole picture and is just too afraid to try out new things. Another reason is that he maybe just someone that is too lazy to even try knowing more about this coin due to his close mindedness and maybe also because of his high pride. Just think about it, if he really did do a lot of research about bitcoins, he would've realized already what is going on. The only thing that prevents him to say something different from his past statements is because he cannot take the fact that he was wrong.

I could be wrong about this but hey, it can really be a possibility.
Activity: 121
Merit: 1
April 01, 2018, 07:20:23 AM
there are people who doesn't believe in bitcoin, I think he's one of them. Those people that hesitate on investing because this crypto is not a stable one. Everyone has his own opinion its you who shall decide if its worth it. I believe that bitcoin is a cuurency as it is used in trading just like money.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
April 01, 2018, 07:19:39 AM
Activity: 378
Merit: 103
April 01, 2018, 07:16:12 AM
this depends on your own perception, because on the basis of bitcoin made as currency, we can spend like fiat currency, it's just unstable value, because that's what people use it as a profitable investment assets. like i also use it.
Activity: 364
Merit: 3
GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
April 01, 2018, 06:12:56 AM
Bitcoin is not really a physical currency in which you really touch and see the actual money, bitcoin is considered as cryptocurrency in which you can use it as medium of exchange in the digital market and not in actual market where you can buy perishable goods , bitcoin as currency can be transacted in the internet only or digital world.
Activity: 172
April 01, 2018, 05:59:46 AM
Good to know. Luckily the market is recovering. Just can't believe this
Activity: 126
April 01, 2018, 05:44:51 AM
It is, a digital one, but still is!
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
April 01, 2018, 05:29:57 AM
Bitcoin is a currency because you can use it to buy and sell things. It is a currency which also doubles as an asset which you can invest in and make money from. A lot of people have put forward the idea that holding is not a good thing for bitcoin as a currency and I believe this is true because bitcoin gains value when it is useful to people.
Activity: 1918
Merit: 370
April 01, 2018, 03:48:42 AM
Well for me, also bitcoin is not a bonafide currency that you can use in any economy, because bitcoin is very volatile and tends to fluctuate its price by the minute and having a currency that fluctuates regularlt is bad for an economy, it will make the economy unstable and might cause a crash resulting to a recession or bankcruptcy of a certain country.
Activity: 672
Merit: 253
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 01, 2018, 03:47:32 AM
everyone can of course give perceptions about bitcoin like the person who says and gives the perception that bitcoin is not about 10-20 years old and maybe with little knowledge of what it says. and I personally would not care what they say because the most important thing for me now is to stay focused on fixing bitcoin so it will be a currency that can be used in the future.
Activity: 294
Merit: 12
April 01, 2018, 03:39:42 AM
virtual money is not a currency. For, if looking at the definition, the currency must be accepted by the public and recognized authority. Digital money is accepted in some circles so it is not a currency. Then the sharf provision (payment) does not apply there because it is not a currency
Activity: 83
April 01, 2018, 03:32:08 AM
I think it will be good if we will not call Bitcoin a currency. It's cryptocurrency, new type, new features, some kind of revolution.
Activity: 518
Merit: 14
April 01, 2018, 03:29:20 AM
if I think bitcoin can be a currency gan. if you use in countries like Japan Korea and countries that have joined in the crypto.
if you use bitcoin agan in Indonesia it is true the Indonesian government still prohibits bitcoin as a transaction tool .
Pages:
Jump to: