Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is not a currency? - page 23. (Read 1975 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 252
January 10, 2018, 07:13:06 PM
in my opinion bitcoin is more as an asset to me rather than a currency as it has too high fees and transaction time, like gold which you can`t use for everyday payments.
Activity: 186
Merit: 0
January 10, 2018, 07:09:49 PM
Actually he is very right at a point but I am sure he is still lacking in knowledge of Bitcoin because Bitcoin has grown tremendously this year and many of the major countries in the world have legalized Bitcoin and can see Bitcoin as personal property,  Currency or no currency.. so far am making my own money. I don't care.
Activity: 552
Merit: 250
January 10, 2018, 07:08:45 PM
I don't think that bitcoin was not a currency because if we consider the value or the real meaning of bitcoin that's was a crytocurrency and somebody was using bitcoin to transact like pay bills, shopping and so on so how we said that bitcoin is not currency? We called bitcoin as digital money or intangible currency so that if we said digital it is not using hard copy of money we using it thru computer or any device to use in any transaction.
Activity: 395
Merit: 129
January 10, 2018, 07:01:31 PM
Technically speaking he is correct. Legally too. Moreover, with Bitcoin transaction fees now being 20$-30$ for each transaction, he is right also from a substantial point of view. Bitcoin cannot be used to buy anything cheap, this it is difficult to consider it a currency.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
January 10, 2018, 07:01:23 PM
I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Is he a hater of bitcoin? while other big names appreciate the bitcoin.

Your thoughts?
Everybody is entitled to his own opinion. But let us not totally base our personal outlook on things from these tycoons. They are not masters of everything. Bitcoin is a digital currency, period! It is being used as payment for goods and services and is now a medium of exchange. Now isn’t that the definition of a currency?
Activity: 252
Merit: 105
Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
January 10, 2018, 06:54:08 PM
In view of the current situation, Bitcoin is being used as an asset instead of as a currency. Everyone hold the Bitcoin and wait for the exchange rate to go up and make a profit. I hopes the future when cryptocurrency popular with everyone market they will coin it's currency rather than assets like now
Activity: 476
Merit: 108
January 10, 2018, 06:51:31 PM
If we stick to what currency means, Bitcoin literally not qualified as a currency since not all people are aware how to use it and it has limited merchant accepting Bitcoin as payment but still if you look how bitcoin uses it same as currency of any other country the difference is that Bitcoin exist virtually with physical value if change to any other currency
Activity: 168
Merit: 22
January 10, 2018, 06:46:01 PM
Bitcoin is not a currency but a digital currency that works only from the digital world or the internet.Unaquainted idividual who new to crypto currency would think negative on it.Some government all over the world not yet proclaimed that bitcoin is a currency,besides some of them banned bitcoin and other coins also.Bitcoin still on the proccess that someday or in the near future be accepted worldwide and end the economical problem.
Activity: 560
Merit: 102
January 10, 2018, 06:36:38 PM
Yeah bitcoin is not a currency right now, but who knows? Maybe in the near future bitcoin will be one of the currencies and it will be going to be the first cryptocurrencies that has its own money/coin with his own.

That's because the transaction fee is so high that bitcoin is less effective for micro-payment. It is also caused by legality issues, where some countries prohibit the use of bitcoin as a means of payment. Bitcoin is currently suitable to serve as a commodity, but it is not possible to become a currency if issues concerning legality and transaction fees can be resolved.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
January 10, 2018, 06:32:56 PM
Bitcoin was conceptualized as a currency.
But sad to say but we have to accept the fact that with what is happening right now people doesnt treat it as one anymore. Only a few people uses it as a currency for the exxhange of goods and services.
I am just hoping that there will be more business entities that will accept bitcoin as a means of payment.
MMA
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
January 10, 2018, 06:13:07 PM
I also thinks that Bitcoin is not a currency but an asset to me. It is not been legalized in whole world and i think that it is been said that Bitcoin is not a currency because may be its a prediction of future. But be ready for future because anything can happen.
Bitcoin is created as a currency and it is a digital currency, in fact the users of bitcoin are still few in number therefore we are still not in position to use bitcoin as currency like fiat everywhere. But soon we are expecting that bitcoin will become so much popular that people will start using it for buying daily stuff everywhere.
Activity: 294
January 10, 2018, 06:01:47 PM
I also thinks that Bitcoin is not a currency but an asset to me. It is not been legalized in whole world and i think that it is been said that Bitcoin is not a currency because may be its a prediction of future. But be ready for future because anything can happen.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
January 10, 2018, 06:00:01 PM
May be Bitcoin is not a currency, but just a variation of Blockchain. But people decided to give value to this asset. The same situation with gold - people decided to give value to this asset too. So I'm not agree with this man even if he is smarter then me Grin
Activity: 364
January 10, 2018, 05:50:10 PM
It is a kind of digital currency who is on fire now. so we should let haters speak the shit.
Activity: 106
January 09, 2018, 01:24:04 PM
Bitcoin is an Asset more than a currency . Bitcoin is currency for internet worlds first decentralised currency for  netcitizens

For me too, it falls somewhere between speculative asset and currency, it's nothing we've ever seen before so we can't easily categorize it. Everyone always tries to use the past to define bitcoin and predict its future but bitcoin cannot be compared entirely to the past as it is so new and revolutionary.
Activity: 308
January 09, 2018, 01:23:21 PM
I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Your thoughts?

Why not? bitcoin is obviously currency and it is most popular digital currency in the world. if any people unlike bitcoin that his/her personal matter but he/she can't discourage those people who believe bitcoin.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
January 09, 2018, 01:16:53 PM

Your thoughts?

bitcoin is a cryptocurrency because the money here is untranslated bitcoin is covered by tradings, investing, mining that uses internet connections in cryptoworld. Someone who has been buying and holding bitcoin does not lose bitcoin like a bubble. the definition of bitcoin in the world is so great that we should be studying well
Activity: 728
Merit: 275
January 09, 2018, 01:09:33 PM

Your thoughts?
I think he is right bitcoin isnt a currency anymore thanks to high transaction fees and scaling issues nowadays you can call BTC just an investment which is used by people to increase their idle funds even the old big guns are now leaving btc as a method of transaction.
Activity: 32
January 09, 2018, 01:01:58 PM

Your thoughts?
His talk means nothing, he just the old man who don't like bitcoin, don't care about him. We'll see what will happen in next few years

This person literally don't kniw hoe bitcoin works, trust me this person is just envy since Millenials can earn more money in just early age. Well, to be honest it's just waste of time. No one knows about what would be the feature of bitcoin, but as I can see that Bitcoin is still one way to earn money these days.
Activity: 119
Glab Trotter
January 09, 2018, 12:57:54 PM
I am rather of his opinion, for bitcoin to become a currency, it should really develop and especially that it is not so volatile!
Pages:
Jump to: