Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is not a currency? - page 28. (Read 1975 times)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 220
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ
December 26, 2017, 11:58:15 PM
WB promotes crazy daily soda consumption so he's stock will look better. doesn't look like a creditable guy
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
December 26, 2017, 11:53:31 PM
So Warren Buffett doesn't like bitcoin. Who cares. He's just one guy; and each person has their own preferences and opinions. Even though he's slightly right, due to bitcoin being only pretty much used as an investment right now and not as a currency.

Merriam-webster definition of currency:
1 a : circulation as a medium of exchange
   b : general use, acceptance, or prevalence a story gaining currency
2 a : something (such as coins, treasury notes, and banknotes) that is in circulation as a medium of exchange
   b : paper money in circulation
   c : a common article for bartering Furs were once used as currency.

I don't know about you guys, but bitcoin seems to accurately fall under "currency".

Would bitcoin be around in 10-20 years? There's no way to know. If the scaling problem still exists though, probably a better cryptocurrency could overtake bitcoin in terms of marketcap.
Activity: 644
Merit: 263
December 26, 2017, 11:52:13 PM
Everyone is having their own presumptions about bitcoin and some of them love it and some of them are not sure about it. So most probably Warren is one of the guy who is not liking the idea of bitcoin making others rich! He struggled for isn't it but now every man can just get as much money as they could if worked properly on the project.

Anyway, whether bitcoin is currency or not is big question and many of them consider it as asset though it was meant to be currency by the founder of bitcoin that is Mr. Satoshi sir!
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
Account was hacked and now reclaimed.
December 26, 2017, 11:44:47 PM
for me it is not an enemy but I think that it does not have much knowledge about bitcoin, maybe in a time or some years change of opinion, bitcoin is still very young
Activity: 61
Merit: 0
December 26, 2017, 11:44:42 PM
I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Is he a hater of bitcoin? while other big names appreciate the bitcoin.

Your thoughts?
His talk means nothing, he just the old man who don't like bitcoin, don't care about him. We'll see what will happen in next few years
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
December 26, 2017, 11:43:33 PM
I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Your thoughts?

I know buffet won't be here in 20 years
He's like 100 now

Crypto will be the global currency

Crypto has moved into big corporations with eth

Every major bank has crypto divisions trying to create their coin

Currency is obsolete

It's all digital now

Most get direct deposit digital credits

Most pay bills with auto digits

Crypto just makes digital currency which everyone uses more secure

Old digital currencies tied to Fiat

Early crypto valued in Fiat

The eventual winner will be a global crypto valued in crypto

U see it now, new crypto is valued in fractions of what?

BTC

So Bitcoin is now what 800 billion in crypto assets is valued in

As soon as all these new coins started to be valued against BTC it proved buffet wrong

Fiat is the dinosaur
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
December 26, 2017, 11:24:47 PM

Your thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: