Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is useless - page 15. (Read 3612 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 4
February 17, 2018, 08:44:44 AM
If you think Bitcoin are useless why are you still there? Deep inside u know how is Bitcoin very useful and you are one of them got benefits through Bitcoin. Im thankful there is Bitcoin that can support my daily needs and thats why Bitcoin are very useful for me.
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
February 17, 2018, 03:18:32 AM
That's not what the OP meant, bitcoin by being useless is because there is no actual use after its creation, you imagine transaction cost is higher than paying what you get, i'd stick using fiat for transaction than using bitcoin. Yes bitcoin gave a lot of fortune and wealth to a lot of people but its practical use and function is still unknown.

If there's no actual use after its creation then why did it pumped to $20k from last year? And also why there are now companies wanted to use this cryptocurrency.
It is higher, simple, its the highest crpytocurrency in the market right now, so its just all marketing strategy. Sticking with fiat? Good luck with that.
Its not unknown, its just that you're not familiar with its utilization yet.

why would you say its useless if you does'nt know about bitcoin as far as i'm concern bitcoin brings as a lot of benefits and it is very east to transact by networking and it is very useful to us who experience about bitcoin.

There are no 'a lot of benefits'. Although I can tell that it is the highest cryptocurrency yet, and t reached $20k last year. But that very convenient still. How can you say that it is very useful, please have examples.
Some are ignorant and some people do this intentionally as they know the glamour and charge that bitcoins are carrying along. They only get frightened with the fact that someday this bitcoin will destroy their whole life. Even it can’t happen, bitcoins never demoralize anyone rather they always there to help. Open chances are broad casted to everyone that whosoever want to change the life, just take a start.
Activity: 265
Merit: 100
February 16, 2018, 04:04:16 AM
I am amazed with number of people being fooled with BTC:

1. Transactions takes hours
2. Fees are high
3. Development team sucks, uncapable solve scalability issues for years
4. Its not anonymous, every solution to make it, failed so far
5. Its centralized: who is biggest hash power owner? Who is biggest miner hardware provider? Who owns most of bitcoins? What is % of Bitcoins in coldstorage and what in exchanges ( Ye Mt Gox )
6. There is 0 economics for BTC, it just tight to USD with liquidity providers, cut that and try to value pizza box with just BTC
7. Its not store of value, its not digital gold, and it will never be 100k USD. Because it has no value. It has value only for energy probiders, hardware manufactures and random phils.
8. Its not insured, If some crap happened to your BTC, its gone.
9. Bitcoin has a limited supply, but it does not help much. Bitcoin has a code that can be amended and its enough of small group of people to work together to support that. Question really is: do someone need that hassle? No really. Bitcoin has satoshis, that currently meaningless and just nice numbers after dot, but this a very well painless way to inflate any crypto currency and its up to liquidity providers. Again it falls to point #5 and #6. Added on 24/01/2018

Such crap will never be used in payments, noone wants to support Terrabytes or Petabytes of data.

Its funny to observe how uneducated shills trying to make casual office landline phone to look smart phone.

BTC is scam of the century, stay away.

UPDATE 12/02/2018:

As this forum full of bots, I will emphasize one question from the user:

Ok, for all of you that insist that Bitcoin is not useless, tell me!

What do you use Bitcoin for?

Please don't tell me what it could be used for or how other people might use it. I want to know how you use it. Also, please don't tell me about trading or hodling. Those are not uses.

Hope to get constructive answers.

UPDATE 11/02/2018:

One by one, it becomes recognizable that Bitcoin at this stage is very useless. DarkNet, is the one who started one, and the one who will make a dump: https://cointelegraph.com/news/is-darknet-done-with-bitcoin

This is a very worried signal

UPDATE 30/01/2018:

Bitcointalk, and many other crypto related forums are heavily manipulated by bots, the amount of useless posts and conversation is just crazy. Even look at this thread, so much messages about "it will make me reach", "it growing", "I am going to be wealthy" so much manipulation, only in ponzi game this possible. It proves just on how bitcoin is useless, because 90% of people just copy paste message from bots, even not knowing basic fundamentals.

UPDATE 29/01/2018:
Few points were made here that are unfair:

1. Bitcoin is a first one, its revolutionary and so on and so forth, wrong, Bitcoin is a client that is build on top of practices that were developed and test long time before Bitcoin e.g. Proof of Work, Hashcash, eCash, bit gold, Merkle Tree, Peer-to-Peer,Byzantine fault tolerance etc.

2. Bitcoin is still in development and it needs a time and so on and so forth, really? its a 10 years old technology. Its usage is very easy predictable, no rocket science here. Scailibility problems were addressed long time ago. But like in every corrupted government, Bitcoin has biased devs, greedy miners and exchanges driven by capitalists. Why to care about tech? When everyone is just become wealthy on nothing. This is why its scam and this is how it become useless, because everyone only cares about price, not utility on day-to-day basis. Typical ponzi game.

3. Bitcoin is store of value, fake as is. Everything that has Blockchain underneath is store of value, Bitcoin is neither exception nor unique here. And again it has no value, because there is no utility. Remove exchanges from equation, and tell me how much BTC will be worth 1 pizza?

UPDATE 24/01/2018:

Everyone is amazed of why I called it useless, well, recently Stripe dropped support for Bitcoin payments. This is the prove of Bitcoin being useless. Stripe was not the only one in recent months to do so. It should ring a bell.

UPDATE 23/01/2018:

useless, guys the fact that some of you become reach and wealthy does not make Bitcoin useful. You wealth does not come from values that are used in propaganda.

1. Why I am still here? I believe there are technologies that are better maintained and lead than BTC, I prefer put money in something that bring value, has use-case and been used.
2. LN is panacea! Well not, so far its more dream than reality, no doubt it will be delivered in one or other way, but it will not solve all problems and so far it has more questions than answers.
I respect your own opinion but I'm not agree with you. Bitcoin for me is very useful I assure you that. I'm a bitcoin user and I know what are things that bitcoin benefits to us. Bitcoin is were we used to gain money and profit. It gives occupation to those people who unemployed and don't have the capability to work for their self or family. Think about the brighter side.
Activity: 546
Merit: 256
February 16, 2018, 03:52:30 AM
No, because bitcoin helps us to ivest and gain money. It helps a lot of people. You just have a knowlege about how it grows and helps us.

I think the OP is not pointing that out since he is talking about something that do not connect with earning. He is saying that bitcoin is useless since there is a lot of ICO or altcoins that are aiming to help or to do something than bitcoin that is being popular because it is expensive and still being expensive.
Activity: 350
February 16, 2018, 03:36:43 AM
Why such its useless. Please turn yourself to brighter side, looking back from where bitcoin is not yet evolved. Money is hard to find. Usually i need to make more efforts using my physical strenght to earn my daily income. But now, i just simply turn my pc and sitting pretty, make a quality post or join to daily trading, somehow it works.Wink Earning money is much simplier;)
Activity: 85
Merit: 0
February 16, 2018, 03:15:33 AM
No, because bitcoin helps us to ivest and gain money. It helps a lot of people. You just have a knowlege about how it grows and helps us.
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
February 16, 2018, 02:59:00 AM
in my opinion bitcoin is not useless it is worthy for me and those who are using bitcoin they are happy with bitcoin i am working for bitcoin and i want to hold my own money in the form of digital money i am doing online job to make some crypto and bitcoin is using every where all the big businesses are now using this money for the less documentation. It is safe ans secure form of money and now we have to use it for long time period.
Activity: 83
February 16, 2018, 01:52:02 AM
Bitcoin is not useless. It helped in many ways. It also helped me. It helps me in finances, bills, school expenses and many more. This is my opinion so dont hate.
Activity: 401
February 16, 2018, 01:19:59 AM
I respect your point of view when it comes to bitcoin. It wasn't entirely useless if a lot of people are benefiting from it. A lot of people get rich because of bitcoin and I think it is quite rude to say it was useless.

If bitcoin is low in cost then I will agree to you point of view about it, but based on what I can see, bitcoin is very usefull. Many people getting ricj because of bitcoin, I too benefit on it a lot, I can now pay my bills and buy something I want. So I can say that bitcoin is very usefull
Activity: 176
Merit: 10
February 16, 2018, 12:44:39 AM
It depends on how you see bitcoin, if you see it as useless probably you dont know more any of bitcoin related concerns. You should do more research. Its useless if you dont know how it runs, how you manage it. But for those people know how to deal with it. They live with it. They gain money on it. It is useful to them.
Activity: 210
February 15, 2018, 11:57:37 PM
As per my understanding Bitcoin is just small part of blockchain technology as a whole (like email vs Internet) Whatever goes with BTC blockchain will be a disruptive technology in the future.

Everyone has the right to free speech, and you can say your opinion on any issue.

I think the best use of bitcoin is investment, not diversion.
Activity: 546
February 15, 2018, 11:52:10 PM
Bitcoin is not useless those who have bitcoin and other digital money they are happy with this all Bitcoin is good for now and for the future as well. They have a variety of coins in the market now the people can easily buy them and they can hod them in their safe wallet as we have seen that bitcoin transaction hours to complete then if we look at the benefits they are more than the cost.
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3260
February 15, 2018, 11:21:59 PM
It makes me so sad to see all of these responses saying that Bitcoin is not useless because it can make you rich. These people are a cancer on Bitcoin. Honestly, it makes me angry. It makes me wish that the price of a bitcoin would drop back to $1 just to teach these ignorant parasites a lesson.
Activity: 616
February 15, 2018, 10:48:36 PM
I do not think it is useless. It has given us so many opportunities to become rich. Besides, I think the Bitcoin technologies have been improved because they are always traded in large volumes. But it making not so much use to pay for something tbh). BTC is too young for now
Which says useless bitcoins are the ones who do not understand with bitcoin and do not want to change, they're comfortable with traditional transactional systems that rely on safes to save their money.

They say Bitcoin is useless because they do not understand about Bitcoin and everyone knows that every excess there will be a shortage. so that's Bitcoin.
Bitcoin also has the disadvantages and advantages that make you profitable and useful.
Activity: 60
February 15, 2018, 10:42:23 PM
Strongly disagree, Bitcoin is very useful for everyone's living which it can be a source of income And a very helpful for all needy people.
Activity: 350
February 15, 2018, 10:22:24 PM

2. Fees are high
5. Its centralized: who is biggest hash power owner? Who is biggest miner hardware provider? Who owns most of bitcoins? What is % of Bitcoins in coldstorage and what in exchanges ( Ye Mt Gox )
6. There is 0 economics for BTC, it just tight to USD with liquidity providers, cut that and try to value pizza box with just BTC
7. Its not store of value, its not digital gold, and it will never be 100k USD. Because it has no value. It has value only for energy probiders, hardware manufactures and random phils.
9. Bitcoin has a limited supply, but it does not help much. Bitcoin has a code that can be amended and its enough of small group of people to work together to support that. Question really is: do someone need that hassle? No really. Bitcoin has satoshis, that currently meaningless and just nice numbers after dot, but this a very well painless way to inflate any crypto currency and its up to liquidity providers. Again it falls to point #5 and #6. Added on 24/01/2018

Such crap will never be used in payments, noone wants to support Terrabytes or Petabytes of data.

Its funny to observe how uneducated shills trying to make casual office landline phone to look smart phone.

UPDATE 12/02/2018:

Please don't tell me what it could be used for or how other people might use it. I want to know how you use it. Also, please don't tell me about trading or hodling. Those are not uses.

UPDATE 11/02/2018:

One by one, it becomes recognizable that Bitcoin at this stage is very useless. DarkNet, is the one who started one, and the one who will make a dump: https://cointelegraph.com/news/is-darknet-done-with-bitcoin

UPDATE 30/01/2018:

Bitcointalk, and many other crypto related forums are heavily manipulated by bots, the amount of useless posts and conversation is just crazy. Even look at this thread, so much messages about "it will make me reach", "it growing", "I am going to be wealthy" so much manipulation, only in ponzi game this possible. It proves just on how bitcoin is useless, because 90% of people just copy paste message from bots, even not knowing basic fundamentals.

UPDATE 29/01/2018:

1. Bitcoin is a first one, its revolutionary and so on and so forth, wrong, Bitcoin is a client that is build on top of practices that were developed and test long time before Bitcoin e.g. Proof of Work, Hashcash, eCash, bit gold, Merkle Tree, Peer-to-Peer,Byzantine fault tolerance etc.

2. Bitcoin is still in development and it needs a time and so on and so forth, really? its a 10 years old technology. Its usage is very easy predictable, no rocket science here. Scailibility problems were addressed long time ago. But like in every corrupted government, Bitcoin has biased devs, greedy miners and exchanges driven by capitalists. Why to care about tech? When everyone is just become wealthy on nothing. This is why its scam and this is how it become useless, because everyone only cares about price, not utility on day-to-day basis. Typical ponzi game.

3. Bitcoin is store of value, fake as is. Everything that has Blockchain underneath is store of value, Bitcoin is neither exception nor unique here. And again it has no value, because there is no utility. Remove exchanges from equation, and tell me how much BTC will be worth 1 pizza?

UPDATE 24/01/2018:

Everyone is amazed of why I called it useless, well, recently Stripe dropped support for Bitcoin payments. This is the prove of Bitcoin being useless. Stripe was not the only one in recent months to do so. It should ring a bell.

UPDATE 23/01/2018:

useless, guys the fact that some of you become reach and wealthy does not make Bitcoin useful. You wealth does not come from values that are used in propaganda.

1. Why I am still here? I believe there are technologies that are better maintained and lead than BTC, I prefer put money in something that bring value, has use-case and been used.
2. LN is panacea! Well not, so far its more dream than reality, no doubt it will be delivered in one or other way, but it will not solve all problems and so far it has more questions than answers.
I can say that they are wrong. For me I believed in bitcoin the way it helps lots of people all over the world. It made people wealthy and feel to be rich. Most of the people can have their own jobs because of the bitcoin. Me and my family really gives a lot of earning everyday.
Activity: 413
Merit: 105
February 15, 2018, 09:34:45 PM

2. Fees are high

UPDATE 12/02/2018:

UPDATE 11/02/2018:

UPDATE 30/01/2018:

UPDATE 29/01/2018:

UPDATE 24/01/2018:

UPDATE 23/01/2018:

No, you are wrong. Actually bitcoin is useful and helpful. Many people become rich because of bitcoin. It is proven by many people and there's a huge of people that I know become rich because of it. Also, it will depend on people how they manage bitcoin because if you do not know how i you manage it, it is not for you. For you to earn a lot you should learn and gained for knowledge before using the bitcoin and judge it.
Activity: 868
Merit: 289
February 15, 2018, 09:18:02 PM
How could you say that thing? In the first place we use internet and by bitcoin we use it as a digital payment? Bitcoin is like a gold that has value in the internet. Maybe you don't have time to research. try some deep research so you could understand well about bitcoin.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 502
February 15, 2018, 09:15:52 PM
I think the reason why OP hates Bitcoin is because OP missed every train that happened to Bitcoin and now can't even invest because of the price or OP just want to post crap about Bitcoin and using the recent price change of Bitcoin as an advantage. anyway though "SOME" he stated are true about Bitcoin still you can make a fortune using Bitcoin or just buying some Bitcoin. It will not affect me to support Bitcoin especially on its down moment because i took that opportunity to buy coins to make profit in the future.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
February 15, 2018, 07:21:39 PM

2. Fees are high

UPDATE 12/02/2018:

UPDATE 11/02/2018:

UPDATE 30/01/2018:

UPDATE 29/01/2018:

UPDATE 24/01/2018:

UPDATE 23/01/2018:

Bitcoin is not useless. It is how you see bitcoin and how you view bitcoin. If you think negatively about bitcoin, then your mindset would be like that. If you are positive about bitcoin then you see it as an opportunity and a way of making your financial grow. Bitcoin has many benefits and i also believe it has limitations. It is just how we thinj about bitcoin that differs.
Pages:
Jump to: