Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin, litecoin, Dogecoin and etc. - page 2. (Read 1999 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
April 03, 2014, 11:43:33 AM
All these altcoins, including the LTC have value only if the BTC itself is having exchange value. All of them depends on the BTC, leaching off like a parasite. When the host dies, the parasite also perishes.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Hodl!
April 03, 2014, 11:23:31 AM
but jumping in now might not be as profitable as before.

Jumping in right now is going to be the most profitable it is all year... upside potential dwarfs anything.... roll a dice, multiply by three... somewhere around that Cheesy
Activity: 362
Merit: 100
April 03, 2014, 09:55:40 AM
No direct method of comparison or else everyone would have used it and jumped on one of them, Of course BTC is the original one of those so I personally prefer it but jumping in now might not be as profitable as before.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
April 03, 2014, 07:13:55 AM
I was reading that Microsofts chief economist considers altcoins to be "hot spares" for BTC. i.e. some kind of failover protection, so you can trade into them if BTC has a unique problem.

With that view, then the best of each alternative implementation should have a future.

well perhaps this is some idea Smiley
Alt coins as a hot spares - ok - but we just do not neet so many perhaps Smiley
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
April 03, 2014, 07:07:15 AM
All make sense, but what I had in mind was to compare for example past 2years, and have a good estimation that which one will have more benefits.

For example I think if the (ave. price of a coin) / (ave. price for mining) increases , some can say that the coin will have a better future.
Hodl!
April 02, 2014, 10:16:53 PM
I was reading that Microsofts chief economist considers altcoins to be "hot spares" for BTC. i.e. some kind of failover protection, so you can trade into them if BTC has a unique problem.

With that view, then the best of each alternative implementation should have a future.
Activity: 6
April 02, 2014, 09:24:48 PM
The future of any coin is uncertain so if you're worried about keeping all your funds in one coin then diversify and hope your alt coin would balloon in price. 
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
April 02, 2014, 09:21:57 PM
Out of all the coins, bitcoin is the only one that will be recognized out of the coins.

So I`d suggest you start focusing on other alt coins to trade back into bitcoin.
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
April 02, 2014, 07:42:09 AM
i think ripple might interest some of you, it's more than just a 'coin', it's a complete payment system with an exchange built in.  you can trade both fiat currency and cryptos in ripple.

anyway, to learn more about it, read here:  http://coinjoint.info/ripple-might-want-pay-attention/ and there are intros and guides here:  https://xrptalk.org/forum/61-faq-and-guides/

ethereum is really cool too Smiley
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
April 02, 2014, 06:20:39 AM
demand for currency exchange controls prospects
Activity: 499
April 02, 2014, 12:26:17 AM
Bitcoin is the first one, and has the most acceptance around the world.
Litecoin is the second one, and has the second most acceptance.

Dogecoin is a litecoin clone with a shiba icon.
Hodl!
April 01, 2014, 08:55:31 PM
I'm giving doge about 3 years.... think the novelty and reddit support will die off by then... and that's really all it's got.

ripple, is like some pushy guy at the grocery store, getting in front as you're about to pay, and saying "I'll handle this for you, and it will only cost you a buck!"

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
April 01, 2014, 06:41:52 PM
Is there any methods to compare these and see which one will have a better future?
I prefer Bitcoin and I think if these coin will have a future, bitcoins will be better.
Any thoughts?

Nobody know the future but IMO Bitcoin will survive everything! Smiley
I really believe in Bitcoin bright future Smiley
copper member
Activity: 2
April 01, 2014, 06:09:26 PM
Your best bet is Bitcoin though you can have better profit with some new pump and dump coins. Bitcoin is your safest bet if you want long term security. You have to watch the other coins. They are more prone to sudden dump than bitcoin, so I suggest you to be cautious and do whatever suits your strategy whether it is high or low risk. Good luck!
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
April 01, 2014, 04:03:20 PM
Currently there are not. I don't think there will be either since bitcoin is open-source and will continue to develop, and any good ground-breaking idea in an alt-coin will be open-source and will therefore also be implemented in bitcoin.

i think ripple might interest some of you, it's more than just a 'coin', it's a complete payment system with an exchange built in.  you can trade both fiat currency and cryptos in ripple.

anyway, to learn more about it, read here:  http://coinjoint.info/ripple-might-want-pay-attention/ and there are intros and guides here:  https://xrptalk.org/forum/61-faq-and-guides/

I thought ripple was more or less dead, lol? Tongue
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
April 01, 2014, 03:11:39 PM
You will need a crystal ball to know the future Shima
Activity: 18
April 01, 2014, 02:59:56 PM
Is there any methods to compare these and see which one will have a better future?
I prefer Bitcoin and I think if these coin will have a future, bitcoins will be better.
Any thoughts?
Look bitcoin can never vanish from the globe as its decentralized peer-to-peer unlike LR. And considering what you are asking no one can tell you that it all depends on buying/selling/accepting of the coin which makes a coins better then any above. So it a matter of sutuation and time but i guess bitcoin is going to lead for quite a long while as market is always for those who starts it !!  Wink Wink
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
April 01, 2014, 01:43:23 PM

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
April 01, 2014, 12:41:15 PM
Only time will tell dude
Go to google and do some research for these analysis hope you have some better things or join cryptsy.com for more details
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
April 01, 2014, 12:40:51 PM
Any thoughts?

Please dont compare bitcoin with other shitcoins...
Pages:
Jump to: