Pages:
Author

Topic: BITCOIN MAGAZINE ARRIVED! - page 23. (Read 50124 times)

donator
Activity: 853
Merit: 1000
May 31, 2012, 10:50:50 PM
Looks like Mr Obama received his copy and is showing it off to his advisers:

Oh man that's hilarious. I love this forum  Tongue

BTW mag arrived in Vegas today wooohhooooo!
Activity: 281
Merit: 100
May 31, 2012, 10:49:44 PM
Neighbors must of though I was crazzy when I went to my mailbox then broke down into a gut laugh.

b/c you had a magazine?  or b/c it still wasn't there?  I'm confused why you were laughing?  That seems like a silly response...

Maybe I need to see the cover...

I was laughing because I ordered so long ago and kinda forgot about it. It was also in a USPS envelope (also not in plastic) so it was a little extra of a suprise by not like recieving a normal magazine. It seems pretty expensive but I think I just might subscribe , it was a good read.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
May 31, 2012, 10:30:57 PM
Anyone on east cost gotten their yet?  I think my mailman stole mine.  I would have let him borrow it all he had to do was ask.

East coast here, mine came today.  LOOKS GREAT!!  Nice to see my ad too.  Smiley

Thanks Matt!

Yeah mine arrived today too.  Sweet.  My wife's response.  "They got a magazine now" (WTF? who is this "they" and why was I excluded) Smiley

Bitcoin Illuminati? Who said anything about a Bitcoin Illuminati? I certainly have never heard of or been a member of the Bitcoin Illuminati. I'm certain that they don't exist and that you're making them up.

Just stop talking about the Bitcoin Illuminati already.
Shhh
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1022
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
May 31, 2012, 10:10:39 PM
Anyone on east cost gotten their yet?  I think my mailman stole mine.  I would have let him borrow it all he had to do was ask.

East coast here, mine came today.  LOOKS GREAT!!  Nice to see my ad too.  Smiley

Thanks Matt!

Yeah mine arrived today too.  Sweet.  My wife's response.  "They got a magazine now" (WTF? who is this "they" and why was I excluded) Smiley

Bitcoin Illuminati? Who said anything about a Bitcoin Illuminati? I certainly have never heard of or been a member of the Bitcoin Illuminati. I'm certain that they don't exist and that you're making them up.

Just stop talking about the Bitcoin Illuminati already.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
May 31, 2012, 10:09:02 PM
Anyone on east cost gotten their yet?  I think my mailman stole mine.  I would have let him borrow it all he had to do was ask.

East coast here, mine came today.  LOOKS GREAT!!  Nice to see my ad too.  Smiley

Thanks Matt!

Yeah mine arrived today too.  Sweet.  My wife's response.  "They got a magazine now" (WTF? who is this "they" and why was I excluded) Smiley
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
May 31, 2012, 08:55:21 PM
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1140
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
May 31, 2012, 07:18:18 PM
Looks like Mr Obama received his copy and is showing it off to his advisers:

...saying "Guess what I got?"... as they respond: "Titcoin?  Witcoin?  Shitcoin?"... pretending they have never heard of a Bitcoin before, even though they pay prostitutes with them daily.
legendary
Merit: 1004
May 31, 2012, 06:17:25 PM

East coast here, mine came today.  LOOKS GREAT!!  Nice to see my ad too.  Smiley

Thanks Matt!

May 31, 2012, 04:28:08 PM
How's this?

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
May 31, 2012, 04:14:49 PM
What's wrong with this image and can somebody fix it?

Everything is wrong with that image... OH you mean the magazine.  Wink

I wish I could photoshop. I would replace the head with Matthew's head, convert the arms and legs to hoofs, and replace the mag with Bitcoin Magazine. As an added touch, I would somehow put Atlas's poster on the wall, change the vanity into a safe, the bicycle wheel into a giant Bitcoin logo, and hang a pair of extended grippers, as seen in RandyFold's avatar, on the wall as well. Well I'm at it, I would put a Santa beard on the shelf and a discarded photo of Lady Bytes and a pair of alpaca socks on the floor.

~Bruno~
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
May 31, 2012, 01:47:31 PM
Look what came today on the East Coast. Grin

http://i.imgur.com/LY3j2l.jpg

Will post review once I finish reading.

A pair of shoes from China?
You could've chosen a better color.
May 31, 2012, 01:43:17 PM
Look what came today on the East Coast. Grin

Will post review once I finish reading.
vip
Merit: 1140
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
May 31, 2012, 01:09:48 PM
You know what! I'm getting pretty sick and tire of all this bullshit about Bitcoin Magazine. I got mine, so why don't everybody else just STFU. (this reminds me of something--wasn't there a controversy about that acronym and BM?)  Wink

Yes, I believe the issue is that the acronym BM could also stand for bowel movement.

Just kidding.  I get to eat my crow - for that and for the time I suggested Matthew ought to get the scammer label for then-nondelivery - hats off to those guys for doing such a good job on issue #1 of the magazine, they (including Matthew) definitely have earned my respect.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
May 31, 2012, 12:54:18 PM
Hi, I'm Vitalik Buterin, currently the main writer for the magazine (and I'm sure you guys all know me from the website Smiley ).

The writers made some assumptions about their audience in some of the pieces here and there, which makes some of the content fly over the heads of the newbies.

Thank you for this kind of criticism. I would be glad to hear what people's non-technical wives, grandparents, husbands, etc think about the content in the Bitcoin magazine - both the technical "how stuff works" (which is intended to be a series) and the more business-themed pieces. It's difficult for both me and everyone I work with to imagine reading our magazine without having been exposed to the various technical intricacies, historical events and cultural memes that our community is so steeped with, so we would benefit greatly from that kind of feedback.

Thanks for your openness on this.

I've recently placed the magazine into the hands of folks who are interested, but not exactly technically savvy. I'll be sure to check on what they found easy to digest, and what they didn't, and comment on it.

I love you.

Just sayin'.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!
May 31, 2012, 12:52:25 PM
Hi, I'm Vitalik Buterin, currently the main writer for the magazine (and I'm sure you guys all know me from the website Smiley ).

The writers made some assumptions about their audience in some of the pieces here and there, which makes some of the content fly over the heads of the newbies.

Thank you for this kind of criticism. I would be glad to hear what people's non-technical wives, grandparents, husbands, etc think about the content in the Bitcoin magazine - both the technical "how stuff works" (which is intended to be a series) and the more business-themed pieces. It's difficult for both me and everyone I work with to imagine reading our magazine without having been exposed to the various technical intricacies, historical events and cultural memes that our community is so steeped with, so we would benefit greatly from that kind of feedback.

Thanks for your openness on this.

I've recently placed the magazine into the hands of folks who are interested, but not exactly technically savvy. I'll be sure to check on what they found easy to digest, and what they didn't, and comment on it.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
May 31, 2012, 12:48:06 PM
You know what! I'm getting pretty sick and tire of all this bullshit about Bitcoin Magazine. I got mine, so why don't everybody else just STFU. (this reminds me of something--wasn't there a controversy about that acronym and BM?)  Wink

~Cackling Bear~

Besides, there are more important things going on that currently need addressing: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.932889

~Bruno~

Activity: 389
Merit: 250
May 31, 2012, 11:58:53 AM
Any receivers in Europe yet?

Not in Italy  Cry
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
May 31, 2012, 11:39:04 AM
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
May 31, 2012, 09:32:33 AM
Since our printers seem to think that it is not likely that smearing could have occurred in issues sent to our readers, I ask that anyone who experiences smearing on their pages please email a photo of it along with their name, address and page and location on page on which the smearing happened to [email protected] so that I can use it in a claims process.

If enough people can prove it, I believe we might get them to reprint and reship for free (good for everyone!)

Activity: 330
Merit: 397
May 31, 2012, 08:05:05 AM

Pages:
Jump to: