Pages:
Author

Topic: BITCOIN MAGAZINE ARRIVED! - page 30. (Read 50124 times)

vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1140
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
May 25, 2012, 01:17:40 PM
My magazine(s) (I got 2 copies - thanks) came shipped in a USPS-provided Priority Mail envelope.  If I recall correctly, it had a New York return address, but a postmark showing a zipcode that started with 83xxx - which is probably more like Wyoming - and if so, it's no wonder I'd be one of the first to get the magazine, Wyoming being a stone's throw from Salt Lake City.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
May 25, 2012, 12:32:58 PM
I know. It's really fucking stupid. There is no easy way to fix this, but the way I see it, it's not 100% important until -after- it starts being distributed to stores. We'll keep thinking on this one because this is definitely not how we wanted it to happen, but you guys know me, nothing stops me, even if I didn't get dressed in the morning I'll keep running out the door. Better on time and naked!

Wouldn't the easy fix be to just to skip the June issue and make issue #2 the July issue.  Delivery by June 25th means a printer deadline of mid June.  That gives you 20 days or so.

Yeah, I'm cool with calling Issue #2 July and trying to send it in June if possible.

Also, I'll be waiting until Tuesday before I get my issues... didn't show up in USPS at my office today Sad

Now what am I supposed to do for this long weekend?  I guess I'll just have to stick to Diablo III...

Bummer, cuz I have my birthday bar crawl Saturday night and a cookout on Sunday where I could have sported the magazine!

I'm a moron!  I put my home address as my address (at least that's what both of my receipts have as the address), so let's hope it's waiting for me at home! 

Woot! (renewed faith Cheesy)
legendary
May 25, 2012, 12:30:18 PM
Neighbors must of though I was crazzy when I went to my mailbox then broke down into a gut laugh.

b/c you had a magazine?  or b/c it still wasn't there?  I'm confused why you were laughing?  That seems like a silly response...

Maybe I need to see the cover...
Activity: 281
Merit: 100
May 25, 2012, 11:22:40 AM
Neighbors must of though I was crazzy when I went to my mailbox then broke down into a gut laugh.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
May 25, 2012, 11:22:09 AM
I already made my account but never used it. Will you send that guy a mag when I do? Cheesy

I will do this for the first 5 people who refer us a new merchant, and process one order.  Beyond that, I need the copies for my own use.

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
May 25, 2012, 11:19:47 AM
I already made my account but never used it. Will you send that guy a mag when I do? Cheesy
May 25, 2012, 11:09:46 AM
I am ready to order more copies if I like this first one... I plan to "accidentally" leave them all over Las Vegas, whereever magazines are to be found ( hair salons, doctor's offices, etc. )

This is exactly what this magazine should be used for.  I ordered 50 copies for the same reason.  The most popular dentists offices and waiting rooms around Orlando are all going to get a copy.  In the neighborhoods where all the bankers live, of course.

Wish I had $300 to blow on copies of Bitcoin Magazine. 

Until then, I'm sticking with the bit-pay.com & lovebitcoin.com tri-folds for free giveaways.

Maybe you should offer a free copy of the magazine as a referral bonus for anyone bringing you a new client?

Deal.  sign up a new merchant for us, and I'll give you a free magazine after they send their first order.
legendary
May 25, 2012, 10:57:01 AM
I am ready to order more copies if I like this first one... I plan to "accidentally" leave them all over Las Vegas, whereever magazines are to be found ( hair salons, doctor's offices, etc. )

This is exactly what this magazine should be used for.  I ordered 50 copies for the same reason.  The most popular dentists offices and waiting rooms around Orlando are all going to get a copy.  In the neighborhoods where all the bankers live, of course.

Wish I had $300 to blow on copies of Bitcoin Magazine. 

Until then, I'm sticking with the bit-pay.com & lovebitcoin.com tri-folds for free giveaways.

Maybe you should offer a free copy of the magazine as a referral bonus for anyone bringing you a new client?
Activity: 882
Merit: 1006
May 25, 2012, 10:45:50 AM
Still scrutinizing the sky for Fedex aircraft to deliver first issue to Europe..

Its not Fedex aircraft your looking for, just normal airmail aircraft.
donator
Activity: 853
May 25, 2012, 10:41:50 AM
Don't forget to leave one at UsrLib.. Why haven't we had a beer yet?

We will. I'm just not quite well enough yet to go out. Dealing with my myofascial pain problem is a bitch, but I'm slowly getting better every month w/ physical therapy.
legendary
Activity: 1221
Merit: 1025
e-ducat.fr
May 25, 2012, 10:19:42 AM
Still scrutinizing the sky for Fedex aircraft to deliver first issue to Europe..
May 25, 2012, 10:18:58 AM

Activity: 784
Merit: 1010
Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas
May 25, 2012, 10:16:49 AM
Don't forget to leave one at UsrLib.. Why haven't we had a beer yet?
donator
Activity: 853
May 25, 2012, 09:58:21 AM
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
May 25, 2012, 09:45:23 AM

FTFY...

(sorry Matthew, just had to use that pic some place.)  Kiss

FTFY. Helm, Warp One Engage!
legendary
May 25, 2012, 09:40:50 AM
I know. It's really fucking stupid. There is no easy way to fix this, but the way I see it, it's not 100% important until -after- it starts being distributed to stores. We'll keep thinking on this one because this is definitely not how we wanted it to happen, but you guys know me, nothing stops me, even if I didn't get dressed in the morning I'll keep running out the door. Better on time and naked!

Wouldn't the easy fix be to just to skip the June issue and make issue #2 the July issue.  Delivery by June 25th means a printer deadline of mid June.  That gives you 20 days or so.

Yeah, I'm cool with calling Issue #2 July and trying to send it in June if possible.

Also, I'll be waiting until Tuesday before I get my issues... didn't show up in USPS at my office today Sad

Now what am I supposed to do for this long weekend?  I guess I'll just have to stick to Diablo III...

Bummer, cuz I have my birthday bar crawl Saturday night and a cookout on Sunday where I could have sported the magazine!
Activity: 784
Merit: 1010
Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas
May 25, 2012, 09:18:57 AM

FTFY...

(sorry Matthew, just had to use that pic some place.)  Kiss
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.
May 25, 2012, 08:54:46 AM
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
May 25, 2012, 08:47:27 AM
BTW, when will the second issue be released? Will it be on time?

I am sure they will get the second issue done in the next 6 days.

Still glad to see this thing in print too bad I live on the East Coast.  Stupid East Coast, you ruin everything.

I'm in the Midwest, so I'll give you a heads-up when I get my copy.

Matthew N. Wright is the...

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
May 25, 2012, 08:39:38 AM

Pages:
Jump to: