Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Negative Public Image - page 3. (Read 3131 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
April 03, 2013, 06:04:52 PM
Those of us who own them and use them, should be active on the posts of the big main stream articles. Not arguing with anyone.
Just stating what types of legitimate & legal applications we are actually using them for. Keep it short.

"I buy magazines with mine."

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
April 03, 2013, 06:04:03 PM
The fact that they're using share price ("Bitcoin was a modest $32 a share") indicates the author is clearly uninformed.  However, I think any news is good news at this point.  Word needs to get out and whether that be by Bitcoin surprassing $100 per coin or $1 billion in circulation or a substantial correction or hack, the point is people are talking and that's really what matters right now.

The negative connotations can be dealt with, right now it's about getting more and more people to talk about Bitcoin.  Even if it is at the most basic and erroneous level.  

I got into Bitcoin after hearing about the major spike and the guy who had hundreds of thousands stolen from his wallet in 2011.  It was bad press but you know what?  If it wasn't for that article, I never would have been around back then.  It opened the door for me, the next step was to walk through.  It's all baby steps right now.  Let the press talk and keep on talking, they're our best PR right now.
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1278
Primedice.com, Stake.com
April 03, 2013, 05:59:54 PM
Bitcoin needs a presskit and PR system.

https://www.weusecoins.com/
was a good step in the right direction, the issue currently is that people are more interested in raising awareness rather than making an argument for them. I fully agree with you.

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
April 03, 2013, 05:57:30 PM
Bitcoin needs a presskit and PR system.
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1278
Primedice.com, Stake.com
April 03, 2013, 05:56:52 PM
It's been annoying me for a while how so many people view bitcoin in such a negative light.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/apr/03/bitcoin-currency-bubble-crash-not-rocking-financial-markets

This article in question written by the Guardian no less, describes bitcoins as:
An obscure digital currency – used mostly for running drugs and laundering money for dictators – suffered a sudden crash on Wednesday,

For Bitcoin to begin to grow and reach a true mainstream appeal something needs to be done about its image which is being unfairly portrayed in the media.

Any thoughts on how the public image of bitcoins can improve? And what percentage of bitcoin transactions do you think are illegal?

Would appreciate input,

Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: