Pages:
Author

Topic: BITCOIN NEWS EVRYDAY! From multiple sources. - page 27. (Read 51244 times)

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1037
CEO @ Stake.com and Primedice.com
February 20, 2014, 12:07:45 PM
Nermin Hajdarbegovic | Published on February 20, 2014 at 15:32 GMT | Merchants

TigerDirect Offers $20 Discount for Bitcoin Shoppers

Of interest to bitcoiners needing PC components, TigerDirect has launched an interesting promo that should help save a few bucks.

The company started accepting bitcoins last month, so it is perhaps no surprise that it is trying to drum up some trade.

The ‘PC Parts Week’ discount applies to orders over $100 and it works only if you checkout with a digital wallet like BitPay. Users fitting the requirements will get $20 off their order.

The deal is sponsored by chip-makers Intel and AMD, memory outfits SanDisk and Kingston, add-in-board partner PNY, and TRENDnet.

The offer went live yesterday, February 19th, and it will remain valid through to February 26th. It is limited to one offer per customer and the discount will be applied at checkout.

Although $20 may not sound like much, that much off a $100 purchase equates to a 20% discount.

Growing choice

TigerDirect, which is based in Florida, started accepting bitcoin payments on January 23 and so far the most popular product categories for buyers using the virtual currency have been graphics cards, power supply units and tablet PCs.

Over in Britain, meanwhile, Scan Computers also recently started taking bitcoin via BitPay.

Scan executive James Gorbold said the company is also looking into other alternative currencies, such as litecoin. Scan is offers custom frames for GPU miners, so it only makes sense that it would consider scrypt-based altcoins for payments.

Like TigerDirect, Scan uses BitPay to handle payments.

Also hoping to rake in some virtual currency, Aria PC Technology, another UK component supplier and e-tailer, started accepting bitcoin just last week.

Links: www.tigerdirect.com , also check www.dinodirect.com

My toughs: This is great news, not only that so many sites starting to accept BTC, we also have some advantages using it. Smiley
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
February 20, 2014, 12:03:36 PM
Just as an FYI, there is a new beta site, called The Cryptsy Report (www.cryptsyreport.com) that is gathering news about the cryptoverse and putting it in one location.

There are no sign ups or cost as it continues to fit within the realm of free information and free business. Anyone can submit new articles and even receive rewards for published articles - ranging from very short to lengthy investigative pieces. Check it out.

Tnx for the info. I will try to post news here for now , we will see how it will go. Smiley .

Tnx for support.

Not a problem. The site is seemingly ramping up and about a dozen or so other reporters report in on and off - nice little side hobby too for writers as they get paid coin per published article. Good to get in on it early.
Activity: 14
February 20, 2014, 11:15:06 AM
So cool!
legendary
February 20, 2014, 11:04:30 AM
Just as an FYI, there is a new beta site, called The Cryptsy Report (www.cryptsyreport.com) that is gathering news about the cryptoverse and putting it in one location.

There are no sign ups or cost as it continues to fit within the realm of free information and free business. Anyone can submit new articles and even receive rewards for published articles - ranging from very short to lengthy investigative pieces. Check it out.

Tnx for the info. I will try to post news here for now , we will see how it will go. Smiley .

Tnx for support.
Activity: 11
February 20, 2014, 10:29:58 AM

legendary
February 20, 2014, 07:24:18 AM
Tokyo, Japan, February 20th, 2014!

Anauncment from MTGOX .
"
"
Dear MtGox Customers,"
"
Thank you for your patience this week while we are working on re-initiating bitcoin
withdrawals. In addition to the technical issue, this week we have experienced some
security problems, and as a result we had to relocate MtGox to our previous office building
in Shibuya (details can be found here https://support.mtgox.com/home). The move,
combined with some other security and technical challenges, pushed back our progress."
"
As much as we didn’t want to only provide an “update on an update”, this is the current
status. We are committed to solving this issue and will provide more information as soon
as possible to keep everyone in the loop."
"
We are very sorry for the delays and deeply appreciate your kind understanding and
continuous support."
 "
Best regards,"
"
"
MtGox Team

Links: https://www.mtgox.com/img/pdf/20140220-Announcement.pdf

My toughs: WHAT A BS !
legendary
February 20, 2014, 07:07:38 AM
Danny Bradbury (@dannybradbury) | Published on February 19, 2014 at 22:45 GMT | Companies, Investors, News, Prices

Winklevoss Twins Launch Price Index for Bitcoin Named the ‘Winkdex’

The Winklevoss twins really do want to put their name into bitcoin – they have launched a blended bitcoin price index, the ‘Winkdex’ that they say reflects the true price of the digital currency. The index will be used to price the assets in the brothers’ forthcoming bitcoin trust.

The Winkdex will be offered by Math-based Asset Index LLC, a company operated by the Winklevosses. It was announced today in the brothers’ latest filing with the SEC, an amended version of its July filing describing the Winklevoss Bitcoin Trust.

“We believe that we are establishing an accurate spot price that reflects the true value of a bitcoin and resolves the price confusion that exists due to the various exchanges,” said Cameron Winklevoss, who acts as CEO of MBAI.

The Winkdex uses the trading price in US dollars for the top three qualified bitcoin exchanges by volume across a two-hour period. It uses a volume-weighted moving average to set its price. It also weights the most recent transactions in the two-hour period greater than earlier transactions in the same window.

In time, the pair hope that the index will be used as a more general benchmark for the price of bitcoin, rather than purely as a way to determine the net asset value of the fund.

Winklevoss Winkdex bitcoin price index

Price indices for bitcoin are becoming increasingly important given the volatile nature of the asset, and the delta that exists between various exchanges, which are themselves relatively young, and part of a still emerging market. The Winkdex’s page, which shows six different exchange prices in addition to its own, is indicative of the large spread between different exchanges.

Average prices on LocalBTC (localbitcoins.com) were listed at around $760 on the site, for example, while pricing at troubled Mt Gox stood at just $262, at the time of writing. The Winkdex pegged bitcoin at $628.

The Winkdex joins CoinDesk’s own Bitcoin Price Index, launched last September, which has a clearly defined set of rules outlining which exchanges it supports.

Like CoinDesk, MBAI has disqualified Mt. Gox from inclusion in its index. It attributed this to the recent freeze in bitcoin withdrawals, in addition to its backlog of US dollar withdrawals.

Along with today’s amended SEC filing, the launch of the Winkdex is a signal that the Winklevoss brothers are moving closer to the launch of their ETF. The filing was expected, following an announcement by their lawyer last month. She predicted that the fund might be approved by the end of this year.

The latest version of the SEC filing referred to the Federal Senate hearings last year, in addition to the NYDFS hearings that took place in January. It highlighted the regulatory uncertainty that still exists around bitcoin. The Winklevoss twins will be particularly sensitive about this; they attended the hearings just days after the arrest of Charlie Shrem, the founder of now-defunct BitInstant which was one of their key investments. They distanced themselves from Shrem in a statement at the time.

The Winklevoss brothers claimed to hold 1% of all bitcoins when the initial ETF document was submitted last July.

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/

Links: http://winkdex.com

My toughs on it: I was using https://bitcoinaverage.com , and i think i will be using it just for converter . But this is great to. I hope they add btc converter there to and it will be awesome .
legendary
February 19, 2014, 09:19:28 PM
Ok, sitrap Cheesy . I read lots of threads on Press section. Its just ridiculous. All i see there is news name and link to it. And not more than few comments. I will do it much better i promise that to u !
legendary
February 19, 2014, 05:42:02 PM
I was actually thinking of making a website that does this but I don't think there would be much interest, especially with big sites like Coindesk already pretty much filling that niche. Personally, I tend to just glance at reddit.com/r/bitcoin and reddit.com/r/bitcoinmarkets for all my daily news.

Ahh i hate reddit. And i was thinking about website. But for that u need lots of advertising .
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Knowledge is Power
February 19, 2014, 05:31:29 PM
I was actually thinking of making a website that does this but I don't think there would be much interest, especially with big sites like Coindesk already pretty much filling that niche. Personally, I tend to just glance at reddit.com/r/bitcoin and reddit.com/r/bitcoinmarkets for all my daily news.
legendary
February 19, 2014, 05:16:19 PM
Hey guys. I just got one idea. I was searching Bitcointalk for some news threads about btc, and could not find any.
So what u guys think would be this thread where i would be posting news about Bitcoin evry day , will that be useful ?
I wouls use multiple sources for news. And wouldn't be nice to have it all together in one thread ?
Tell me ur toughs on it , would u read it evry day and suggestions. So we can start tomorow Smiley .

One thread would probably get clogged and messy so individual threads are better. This subforum and the press section are pretty good sources for news anyway.

That can happen, but we will try to make it clean. Never know until i try. If to many comments and quotes, maybe this will be thread without comments. Just news Smiley . We will see. Also i am thinking doing new thread coz here is already lots of comments. I will edit it tomorrow and post first news. Then we will see how this will go .
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195
February 19, 2014, 05:11:34 PM
Hey guys. I just got one idea. I was searching Bitcointalk for some news threads about btc, and could not find any.
So what u guys think would be this thread where i would be posting news about Bitcoin evry day , will that be useful ?
I wouls use multiple sources for news. And wouldn't be nice to have it all together in one thread ?
Tell me ur toughs on it , would u read it evry day and suggestions. So we can start tomorow Smiley .

One thread would probably get clogged and messy so individual threads are better. This subforum and the press section are pretty good sources for news anyway.
legendary
February 19, 2014, 04:47:46 PM
If all sources would be integrated into one the this is a good idea.No vote option for that so I voted a no

Yeah maybe i should specify that. I did mean to post from multiple sources, only if they all have basically same news then i would not repeat it many times. Also i will always point out the source i got it from and maybe give some thoughts on it.

I regret my vote now because this is a good idea. The question now though is how are you gonna start this? Who is gona help you? ( I would help you compile all the news but Im starting with these questions and my opinions)

Don't regret it , i could reset it , but no need we see people voting for this . poll is only till tomorrow. I will start this tomorrow.
And i have lots of free time so i will be here like 5-8 hours per day posting and replying . If i need any help i will contact u guys.

Tnx for support.

@gpucoolingmethod . I understand u . And i know there will be probably lots of issues early on but all together we can make it work. We will see hows will be going. And start from there.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
February 19, 2014, 04:42:57 PM
If all sources would be integrated into one the this is a good idea.No vote option for that so I voted a no

Yeah maybe i should specify that. I did mean to post from multiple sources, only if they all have basically same news then i would not repeat it many times. Also i will always point out the source i got it from and maybe give some thoughts on it.

I regret my vote now because this is a good idea. The question now though is how are you gonna start this? Who is gona help you? ( I would help you compile all the news but Im starting with these questions and my opinions)
February 19, 2014, 04:40:06 PM
There is no point if all you will post is what is already.?.>.>.  Cry

If you summarise all sources from an objective point of view then you will do something no 1 else does and this will have a point otherwise you will just.?.>.>.  Cry and ;":'<<  Embarrassed

tl;dr: no ii :{}{ because of  Cool:FSs!! so .?.>.>.  Cry. otherwise if you ðþπ→→ then you will µ½~ and Ss!! otherwise you will just.?.>.>.  Cry and ;":'<<  Embarrassed

I will post from sources outside of this forum. And try to get it from many sources i can, afcorse i will not post same news all over again Cheesy . And also i will give my opinion on news, and u all can do the same so will be much more helpful .

Well then this is a good idea I wish you good luck! Cheesy

also I just realised that the main problem with so many people is that there is lack of awareness what has been done said written etc so bad cooperation. But this is more of an issue of uninformed readers who dont cooperate with the news makers and other readers so they don't keep up.

Of course this is a good idea mostly because it will minise this readers issue because you have a complete sumary alltogether in one place.

hope you understand
legendary
February 19, 2014, 04:37:10 PM

February 19, 2014, 04:34:54 PM

If you summarise all sources from an objective point of view then you will do something no 1 else does and this will have a point otherwise you will just.?.>.>.  Cry and ;":'<<  Embarrassed

tl;dr: no ii :{}{ because of  Cool:FSs!! so .?.>.>.  Cry. otherwise if you ðþπ→→ then you will µ½~ and Ss!! otherwise you will just.?.>.>.  Cry and ;":'<<  Embarrassed

I will post from sources outside of this forum. And try to get it from many sources i can, afcorse i will not post same news all over again Cheesy . And also i will give my opinion on news, and u all can do the same so will be much more helpful .

Well then this is a good idea I wish you good luck! Cheesy
legendary
February 19, 2014, 04:33:35 PM

February 19, 2014, 04:33:15 PM
It all depends how you manages the thread, because there is no shortage of news on this forum but arranging all those into one good thread will be a huge task, thats why a blog is more useful for that .

I agree with u . But i got this idea coz when i go to Press section its so confusing . And lots of peple i know rely on this forum for news. But i personally could not even find that Press section , i was searching for NEWS . And that got me nowhere. That is why i would try to do this.
And looks like some people agree judging by poll.

If all sources would be integrated into one the this is a good idea.No vote option for that so I voted No that is stupid idea !   
legendary
February 19, 2014, 04:30:15 PM
It all depends how you manages the thread, because there is no shortage of news on this forum but arranging all those into one good thread will be a huge task, thats why a blog is more useful for that .

I agree with u . But i got this idea coz when i go to Press section its so confusing . And lots of peple i know rely on this forum for news. But i personally could not even find that Press section , i was searching for NEWS . And that got me nowhere. That is why i would try to do this.
And looks like some people agree judging by poll.
Pages:
Jump to: