Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin operated arcade machines - page 2. (Read 1509 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
April 16, 2017, 12:37:56 PM
cool gimmick. nothing else. if people don't wanna buy actual useful goods with bitcoin then they certainly won't waste any bitcoin on a game that lasts a few minutes. make a doge arcade machine.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
April 16, 2017, 12:32:03 PM
Are you an addict in playing arcade machines? The previous system in playing arcade machines was to place a coin or token to get credits to play the game on the arcade machine. But guess what, there are new arcade machines that accepts bitcoin that will serve as your token to get credits to play your favorite arcade games. Im not really into playing but I think its a good topic especially to arcade fanatics.

heres the link: https://www.cnet.com/news/bitcoin-operated-arcade-machine-is-a-game-changer/

Feel free to comment.
Well it is good for bitcoin growing because the comunity of bitcoin (users bitcoin) will add from gamers of arcade
so it is good news for bitcoin be adopted by arcade,
and usually if there are good news is like this, price of bitcoin will be increasing too although it is not 100% true because we don't know how much arcade fanatics adopt bitcoin.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
April 16, 2017, 12:20:25 PM
I really like the fact that Bitcoin is also taking over this kind of retro-style industry. I still remember the "good old days" of arcade gaming in the 90s.

From the perspective of the operator of entertainment/vending machines of all kinds it makes a lot of sense to accept Bitcoin: It reduces the risk of theft and vandalism and the necessity to collect coins.
In regards on bringing back the old way its good. It may help 90s people to bring back their chilhood on playing games usimg their bitcoin. On some cases there are problem on how to spend their bitcoin this idea may help on addition way to spend
 But on investment wise. This idea is totaly not worth because to earn it better to just invest in or maked it as a capital om your trading rather tham to waste it on playing on such arcade.
legendary
Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147
April 16, 2017, 11:59:40 AM
Hey guys,

Just as saw this thread, looking for articles / threads on Bitcoin accepting arcade machines, I recently converted an old arcade claw machine to accept Bitcoin - see more information here : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cryptograbber-a-physical-arcade-claw-machine-converted-to-accept-bitcoin-1868712
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Crypto.games
January 27, 2017, 10:16:22 PM
Just wondered if those players will bravely put out their smartphone0/gadgets to scan the QR code. The arcade machines are near each other and there are lots of people. The device will be hot to the eyes of those pickpocketers and robbers.

But overall it's really a unique system and a system changer for the usual arcades. Looks like awesome too if a person is using another way to be able to play in those arcade machines. It's really look cool.

Where are you living? that really is not the problem, is it? the problem is the waiting time for confirmation
and this we all know that confirmation sometimes takes a while to be confirmed.

@OP The idea is great and it may attract new users but those new users will not like the long wait for
confirmation and might affect how they see bitcoin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
Life is a game, you either play it or get played.
January 27, 2017, 09:59:15 PM
I am waiting for a Bitcoin MMO that enables users to interact with an outer space environment and make off drilling, either it comes or we'll do it real life Wink .

Got loads of franchising ideas with your post, don't limit yourself to only arcades!
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
January 27, 2017, 09:39:38 PM
Game changer?!

This is useless, with the fees it will cost double to play games from the 90's, plus do people need to wait for confirmation, if not people can just double spend and play for free...

This ia what I always wondering on each post about btc acceptance on something around the world
Do they need to wait for confirmation?? Since confurmation can take quite a bit time
Activity: 205
Merit: 100
January 27, 2017, 04:48:35 PM
it is a good news to people who born to years when arcade gaming is rampant not today that console gaming replaced them but not totally. I hope we can have bitcoin vending machine and we just have to swipe our card to that machine and it would likely needed to be connected on the internet so it can relay any transaction.
Activity: 477
Merit: 259
January 27, 2017, 11:41:12 AM
I really like the fact that Bitcoin is also taking over this kind of retro-style industry. I still remember the "good old days" of arcade gaming in the 90s.

From the perspective of the operator of entertainment/vending machines of all kinds it makes a lot of sense to accept Bitcoin: It reduces the risk of theft and vandalism and the necessity to collect coins.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
January 27, 2017, 11:32:16 AM
You know this brings back a lot of pleasant memories, because we used to open the back of these machines and then manually add credits

to play for free. Yea, yea.... I know it was wrong, but we were stupid. The Bitcoin arcade games are cool, but I can just imagine the

frustration when we have our next "Spam" attack and it takes 24 hours for transactions to confirm.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
January 27, 2017, 10:36:30 AM
Game changer?!

This is useless, with the fees it will cost double to play games from the 90's, plus do people need to wait for confirmation, if not people can just double spend and play for free...
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
January 26, 2017, 09:48:32 AM
Just wondered if those players will bravely put out their smartphone0/gadgets to scan the QR code. The arcade machines are near each other and there are lots of people. The device will be hot to the eyes of those pickpocketers and robbers.

But overall it's really a unique system and a system changer for the usual arcades. Looks like awesome too if a person is using another way to be able to play in those arcade machines. It's really look cool.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
January 26, 2017, 09:33:37 AM
I had a go with the Mortal Kombar machine in Prague at one of the best Bitcoin places i have ever seen:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3pcpe3/bitcoinenabled_mortal_kombat_at_paralelni_polis/
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
January 26, 2017, 08:38:39 AM
Are you an addict in playing arcade machines? The previous system in playing arcade machines was to place a coin or token to get credits to play the game on the arcade machine. But guess what, there are new arcade machines that accepts bitcoin that will serve as your token to get credits to play your favorite arcade games. Im not really into playing but I think its a good topic especially to arcade fanatics.

heres the link: https://www.cnet.com/news/bitcoin-operated-arcade-machine-is-a-game-changer/

Feel free to comment.
Pages:
Jump to: