Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin or a gold bar with the same value? - page 5. (Read 3911 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
Again, it comes down to if you'll need to convert them to cash.  When I get a good amount of BTC, I buy silver eagles.  If I need cash I sell the silver.  I can pay bills with $$$ I can't pay bills with BTC.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Good observations. There are clear advantages and disadvantages of each of these.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
I'll take an amount of bitcoin over an equivalent amount/value of gold. It's a gamble of course, but Bitcoin, imo, has more potential to in crease greatly in value compared to gold.
Activity: 394
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
A gold bar. You can't trust Bitcoin more than Gold, because Gold will NEVER disappear. It's going to be a currency forever. Bitcoin instead.. well, it can fail at any second. Just a split second of no energy worldwide. Will you trust BTC ever again? I don't think so. For those investing in Bitcoin all their money, that would be a split second of poverty.
bitcoin is way better than gold right now because it can make you a lot of money, in my opinion gold is too old already and bitcoin technology is better
yes that is a fact the bitcoin and gold bar will be at the same rate presently but you can see that there a lot of potential in the price of bitcoin and it will raise to a very high position with in some months, therefore for me the best option is bitcoin for making money in a very very short period of time, although the price of bitcoin has fall down to a very very low price but still i can see that it has a very high potential to reach to a next high position..

Tell that to anyone that bought into Bitcoin at over $1000 each!!
so what that people bought on such a huge price? they just need to be patient and wait the price is definitely going to reach a new all time high in the future
Activity: 821
Merit: 501
Still bitcoin not valuable than gold.I would go with the traditional safe heaven like gold because bitcoin still not popular like gold.you can buy sell gold every where in the world but you can not buy sell bitcoin every where in the world.you can exchange gold everywhere but not bitcoin.I have bitcoin but I dont feel safe because I think someone have control over my bitcoin.
legendary
A gold bar. You can't trust Bitcoin more than Gold, because Gold will NEVER disappear. It's going to be a currency forever. Bitcoin instead.. well, it can fail at any second. Just a split second of no energy worldwide. Will you trust BTC ever again? I don't think so. For those investing in Bitcoin all their money, that would be a split second of poverty.
bitcoin is way better than gold right now because it can make you a lot of money, in my opinion gold is too old already and bitcoin technology is better
yes that is a fact the bitcoin and gold bar will be at the same rate presently but you can see that there a lot of potential in the price of bitcoin and it will raise to a very high position with in some months, therefore for me the best option is bitcoin for making money in a very very short period of time, although the price of bitcoin has fall down to a very very low price but still i can see that it has a very high potential to reach to a next high position..

Tell that to anyone that bought into Bitcoin at over $1000 each!!
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
legendary
It would come down to liquidity, Even here in the US it's a pain to turn BTC into $$$.  With gold or silver I can go to any coin store and sell.  I know in the EU there are BTC ATMs but none here.  Have to stick with gold.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
The gold bar. I don't need the internet to spend, move, or subdivide it.
Activity: 644
Merit: 261
I would choose bitcoin because I can store it in my wallet safely. I am not in danger of any thief because they don't see something valuable that I have. I also believe that bitcoin has really a potential in value in the future. Although gold is already stable and a safe haven for investment, other major investors are already seeing the potential of bitcoin backing their investment so I have faith on it as well.
Activity: 1061
Merit: 501
RIP: S5, A faithful device long time
Let's test your belief in Bitcoin's potential. OK, let's say someone approach you, and offer you two options for free...

1. 10 bitcoins

or

2. A gold bar with the same value at the time.

What will you chose? We all say, we believe in Bitcoin and it's future, but if you faced with this decision... would you go for the traditional safe heaven or would you go with the new Bitcoin option, that

are still in it's experimental phase?

Give me your reasons, why you would take the one over the other.... I know which option people will chose that are not familiar with Bitcoin ----> Gold bar.  Roll Eyes

The gold standard, at least?  Roll Eyes
https://www.goldmoney.com/bitgold
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Let's test your belief in Bitcoin's potential. OK, let's say someone approach you, and offer you two options for free...

1. 10 bitcoins

or

What will you chose? We all say, we believe in Bitcoin and it's future, but if you faced with this decision... would you go for the traditional safe heaven or would you go with the new Bitcoin option, that

Give me your reasons, why you would take the one over the other.... I know which option people will chose that are not familiar with Bitcoin ----> Gold bar.  Roll Eyes
if you are a good person, I want both these investment because in my eyes it's all the most profitable investment ever in this world. currently there is no more profitable due to the rise in prices is slowing in both the investment.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
Because of the price fall i think its better to choose gold bar because anytime you can sell gold bar to person or to pawnshop..
Gold is safe to choose because the movement of the price is not the same as bitcoin.. bitcoin has a fast movement of the price and now the price of bitcoin is fall because of bitfinex issue..
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Bazinga!
i will always take bitcoin for sure.
because unlike gold i can store 10BTC or around $5500 worth in a small piece of paper but i can never store $5500 dollar worth of dollar in my pocket and it will never be safe Smiley

and not to mention the bitcoin price has a lot of room to grow in the future, unlike gold which is not really going to the moon.
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
I will take bitcoin, because for me it was easy to grow bitcoin. also prices could rise in the future, and I do not like gold. because I can not grow it, and just hold the course.
Activity: 2380
Merit: 916
fly or die
I'll take BTCs simply because gold is useless and impractical. In my country there is a huge tax if I want to sell that gold so no thanks.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
I stand with Ukraine.

1. 10 bitcoins

or

I would definitely choose Bitcoin and the main reason is that you can sell any part of it if you need some cash, but would you do with the gold bar in that case? You'd sell it a you'd end up with a pile of fiat money which cost less and less with time. Another reason is that I believe Bitcoin will rise more in the future than gold will.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

1. 10 bitcoins

or

You asking this on bitcoin forum? Wink Of course i would choose bitcoins.
Gold is heave, hard to carry with you, bitcoin not.

Well that was the point actually, to see if Bitcoin supporters will bend the knee to gold or resist the urge to conform to traditional methods to store wealth. I think the majority of the people who

responded up to this point, would still support Bitcoin... which is good considering that Bitcoin has lost a lot of it's value in the last couple of days. Yes, we have to agree that the shiny metal has a

lot going for it, but Bitcoin is much more flexible.  Roll Eyes

For smaller amounts of money (value) as a gift (as you wrote), I would take the BTC.

But for larger amounts (like 10 BTC) I would take the gold bar.

I guess my cut-off point would be about $5000 worth.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073

1. 10 bitcoins

or

You asking this on bitcoin forum? Wink Of course i would choose bitcoins.
Gold is heave, hard to carry with you, bitcoin not.

Well that was the point actually, to see if Bitcoin supporters will bend the knee to gold or resist the urge to conform to traditional methods to store wealth. I think the majority of the people who

responded up to this point, would still support Bitcoin... which is good considering that Bitcoin has lost a lot of it's value in the last couple of days. Yes, we have to agree that the shiny metal has a

lot going for it, but Bitcoin is much more flexible.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Gold is never losing its value? You haven't been paying attention much.

Your right, if you buy gold at worst time when the price rose up a lot under very high demand, then there is chance you can be in the loss for the next 10 years, but generally gold retain the purchasing value quite well (not absolute dollar value as dollar steadily inflates). So you should not expect to be wealthier by purchasing gold after long time, but just to keep the wealth. But of course fluctuation in demand for gold might make you a loser as well especially when you need to sell the gold when the demand and prices felt a lot.
Pages:
Jump to: